Octopot Adventures: A Community Exploration

Yes,

They have a group page with all kinds of people using them in a variety of ways.
Go to their website, scroll to the bottom and select their 1st social media link.
You will find it there.
Which by the way, if your in a 2x4 you really only need one 6 gallon with the 6 gallon size sleeve/pot.
Plants explode with growth once the roots hit the rez.
You will find one plant will fill that tent up, i would suggest training or scrog.
I have used them for several grows now, 4 in a 4x4 tent with scrog and trellis. This time I am running one plant.

Hi,
Im new to Octopot hope to start soon. One six inch and possibly experiment withe one or two more DIY in 2 x 4 tent for medicine, Can anyone point me in the right direction for grow instructions/experienc aside from instructions that came with the Octo? Growing Amnesia Thanks :)
Hey there! I think the six gallon Octopot is a great place to start, I noticed yields double once I started using the Octopot. I would follow the recommendations of whatever nutrient line you are using, ppm around 900 and also use an enzyme like Cannazym to keep the water from getting funky. If you have any specific questions let me know.

Thanks for your replies and suggestions . Im gonna go with one plant indoors , 2x4and try another outdoors. I‘m waiting for seed and the grow is for a cancer patient ,end goal RS oil which I've had a little experience experimenting with hp aeroponics last year, first grow. My biggest challenge was trying to get the oil in syringe which was a fail since i waited too long and it cooled , so went to cannabutter. My other challenge is growing outdoors adjacent to a bog That plant in a fabric pot and potting soil grew mold on the branches Not sure what caused it , tomato plants nearby? Perhaps the Canazym in a diy octo will help , thanks. So that will be a challenge in this, my second grow.
Gonna hang loose waiting for seed now and drool over SweetSue’s and others grows.

Thanks for your replies and suggestions . Im gonna go with one plant indoors , 2x4and try another outdoors. I‘m waiting for seed and the grow is for a cancer patient ,end goal RS oil which I've had a little experience experimenting with hp aeroponics last year, first grow. My biggest challenge was trying to get the oil in syringe which was a fail since i waited too long and it cooled , so went to cannabutter. My other challenge is growing outdoors adjacent to a bog That plant in a fabric pot and potting soil grew mold on the branches Not sure what caused it , tomato plants nearby? Perhaps the Canazym in a diy octo will help , thanks. So that will be a challenge in this, my second grow.
Gonna hang loose waiting for seed now and drool over SweetSue’s and others grows.

I think you’ll be very happy with the Octopot jbn01, and welcome to the thread. I have no real experience in Octopot, other than watching Birx knock it out of the park. :laughtwo: Fortunately, between Birx and overlord you couldn’t be in better hands.

I don’t have a grow running at the time, so you’ll have to be content with my archives. :hug:

I think you’ll be very happy with the Octopot jbn01, and welcome to the thread. I have no real experience in Octopot, other than watching Birx knock it out of the park. :laughtwo: Fortunately, between Birx and overlord you couldn’t be in better hands.

I don’t have a grow running at the time, so you’ll have to be content with my archives. :hug:
Ty all for suggestions and will try to record my grow or the lackof it for my own edification and perhaps cautions to others what not to do. Waiting for seeds to get started im burying myself under copious amounts of info in 420 mag threads. A fixed income doesnt seem to serve all the stuff id like to have so “keep it simple stupid” is being adhered to.
I found a reseller offer for Hydroguard 9 ounces 9$ on amazon and will go with that as a viable alternative for canazyme, (I hope).

Just waiting for seeds now, on order from Nirvana 2 months ago and Seedsman a month ago to east coast US. Seem excessive even with current situation?
Another question that occured to me, When the thin roots start growing through the plastic lip slots surrounding the net cup at the bottom of the bag, why dont they self prune as they would on the sides of the bag ? Is it because of humidity or raised water level ?

Hope your grow is going well.

Which by the way, if your in a 2x4 you really only need one 6 gallon with the 6 gallon size sleeve/pot.
Plants explode with growth once the roots hit the rez.
You will find one plant will fill that tent up, i would suggest training or scrog.
I have used them for several grows now, 4 in a 4x4 tent with scrog and trellis. This time I am running one plant.
Thanks for your suggestion Overlord.I’m in.

So finally got seeds ,5 of 5 popped about 19 days ago in rapid rooters , Pro soil dixicups. Transplanted into diy octo typepots about 5 days ago, Trimmed first two leaves which had yellowed from i guess too much water( watered dixie cuo from below then initial watering with seedlings in final 7 gal bag) . only fed aboout 100 ppm ro water ,just clonex and mycroryzer plus mycro in Prosoil M, top watered once, Kinda slow and small compared with last aeroponic grow .Thh\is is two Amnesia Fast and 3 Bubba kush Under diy two hundred watt lcd , 12+_ above top of plant, 5000 lux , 300 foot candle,top of plants. Im not that experienced just winging it plus using what info I can glean from all that you fine folks are posting here Plan next to increase ppm in res to about 300 with General Hydro Flora Nova Grow .DIY panda film tent , small fan temp 75 humid 59,
bR2PsLEETF2YgZ87CPl4lA.jpg
Any comments as to health / development , light , feeding etc greatly appreciated .
Thanks. jbn01

Attachments

• SNAgSladSxSyilAqjS3pzw.jpg
    SNAgSladSxSyilAqjS3pzw.jpg
    768 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7429.JPG
    IMG_7429.JPG
    672 KB · Views: 42
So 2 months along now . Apparently im growing the SOC method (Sea of Chaos) in a diy 2' x 4' high 8' long panda film tent 2 amnesia 2 bubba kush. Trimming and eating a lot of leaves anyway :)
Gorrila 2x4x8 tent 1 plantinum kush auto flower (left and a bubba kush(r) The auto doesnt look like its suffering much on the 12/12 light sched . two more high cbd hash plants off to slow start outdoors have caught on and racing to beat frost clock. May have to bring that sub irrigation container in soon due to New England frost. Havin funnn
NfvOqX+kRDyTd47Qk1ECQw.jpg
+yEx4K%eSjWdyOK1hez3Pw.jpg
mTVdYcu5TWyfhDUYu%ZiCQ.jpg
CWMQsDYkQ2GLKM%jIPNQgg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom