OMU's Vertical ScroG Experiment

OldMedUser

Formerly Known as LabRat
Time to put-up or shut up I guess.

I've been growing a couple of old hash plants for a while now and they were getting too tall.

So I figured I'd spread out their wings and see if they'd fly.

I took a 5' piece off a 4' high roll of sheep fence and backed it with some Panda film then stapled it up in the corner of my grow room. Hard to see but it's curved around the corner to make a bowl for the vScroG.

Just a 400 EYE for now but a good 1000W bulb for flowering later.

These plants are near 2' tall and I should have gone with 7' for width on the screen but let's go with what we got for now. ;)

These are the girls just waiting to be constrained.

Girls_01.jpg

After a little wrapping up and some light focus they are purring.
Girls_02.jpg

I'm off work for a few days tomorrow so I'll get some new pics then. I figure 4-6 weeks more of veg to fill up 2/3 of that screen before I flip them.

Oh yeah. Some grow details.

Hash plant x ? in 4 gal Pro-Mix/perlite, bottom fed with AN 3-part nutes with a bit of silicon. epsom salts and calcium nitrate.

Powered now by a 400W Eye Hortilux on it's last legs in an antique magnetic coil HPS ballast. Have a MH 1000W ballast of similar vintage to flower them up later. Just need a decent priced flower bulb to work off it. Hints, tips? Canadian only, thanks.

Have an auto-flower breeding project going on too but there ain't much to look at there yet.

Here's to great growing for all of us!

:peacetwo:

is it Panda > Plant > net or Panda > Net > Plant?

I was gonna flower those girls then a couple of days after I flipped em I came up with this idea. Prolly read it here somewhere! lol

Tired of dealing with big Phat colas snapping off branches and seeing plenty of Scrog pics I figured that all those girls needed was a little restraint to get them in line.

I never tryed this but I figure it's a no-brainer. Just bend these girls to my will and get as much bang for my buck as possible.

After some sober consideration, pretty hard to come by around here, It's been decided that the ties must be removed and at least 4" of support must be placed under the pot to re-align the ScroG entry point.

This relates to computer modeling of projected future growth patterns. ;)

Sounded good when I saw it somewhere but I have found a couple deficiencies since I last posted.

As soon as I spread the plants I realized I should have went wider. Buggers were off the grid from the get-go! :allgood:

The new plan is to undo all restraints and let er out. Put something under the pot, 6" or so, and re-tie the big branches. Major pruning to follow with plenty of clones made.

By raising the pot I should be able to force the main stems lower and re-attach the already bent tips into a lower pattern to force side-branching.

Not to mention that I can easily siphon extra water out of the tray once it's off the floor.

Oops, wife coming!

B'ye!

Sorry for the lack of input but work has been so crazy that I can barely check my email before it's time to crash for a few hours before doing it again.

Twice in the last two weeks i've gone in and found a seriously de-hydrated vScroG. Sure hope they survive my lack of love! lol

Will try to get an update ASAP!

C'ya

is it Panda > Plant > net or Panda > Net > Plant?

LOL

The screen was already in a curl so I cut off a piece of Panda film to fit and the white side is up against the wire. Nailed that f'er to the wall with fencing staples to flow around the corner.

Gonna be a bitch to get 'er off! lol

Things have really gone to s**t since my last pictures.

Jeez, ya think if a guy nearly dies someone would take care of the plants.

I wasn't much caring myself so I cast no blame.

Hit a moose at 105 kmh. I know that 'cause the cruise is set to that. Tore of a piece of the moose guard and blew my right steering wheel.

Like a slo-motion replay I watched the forest upside down smash into my windshield. Blacked out after that.

Praise be, but I'm back at it next Monday.

These girls need some serious TLC. I plan to raise them up, flush with a few gallons of RO water, then re-flush with balanced nutes.

Any knowledgeable thoughts would be very appreciated about now! lol

Here's the ugly . . .

Poorgirls01.jpg

Poorgirls02.jpg

Here's the good . . .

Clones011.jpg

Some lucky clones on their 3rd day.

Have a Happy!

OldMedUser said:
Things have really gone to s**t since my last pictures.

Jeez, ya think if a guy nearly dies someone would take care of the plants.

I wasn't much caring myself so I cast no blame.

Hit a moose at 105 kmh. I know that 'cause the cruise is set to that. Tore of a piece of the moose guard and blew my right steering wheel.

Like a slo-motion replay I watched the forest upside down smash into my windshield. Blacked out after that.

Praise be, but I'm back at it next Monday.

These girls need some serious TLC. I plan to raise them up, flush with a few gallons of RO water, then re-flush with balanced nutes.

Any knowledgeable thoughts would be very appreciated about now! lol

Here's the ugly . . .

Here's the good . . .

Some lucky clones on their 3rd day.

Have a Happy!

Damn man, thank (insert your beliefs here) your alive. I hear moose can be like brick walls. Take it easy on your self, don't over do it.

Good to know your babies are ironmen like yourself.

Damn man, thank (insert your beliefs here) your alive. I hear moose can be like brick walls. Take it easy on your self, don't over do it.

Good to know your babies are ironmen like yourself.

Iron, that would be nice. More like lead with a touch of mercury at this stage of the game.

What the heck, the wife still screams at me to finish off so it could be lots worse! ;)

These plants need some serious help to get me some decent bud.

Poorgirls01.jpg

Time for a full flush and fresh nutes I figure.

:peacetwo:

PS: Time to flush my brain as well! lol

It seems I may have hit my head a bit harder than I thought.

Been getting some wicked headaches and some serious short term memory loss.

I finally felt well enuf to get around to flushing the girls yesterday and fed them about an hour ago.

I took pics to upload but I see I already have so nothing new to post right now. Same old, same old.

Supposed to go for an MRI in a few days but I'm back to work at midnight tonite.

At least the nausea has quit and I'm seeing one of everything again unless there are two. lol

Hope to see some improvement in a week and I'll post a couple of pics then. Clones aren't showing roots yet but still looking Ok.

:high-five:

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info! :blushsmile:

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to abandoned journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world!

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

I wouldn't even bother saving that mess in the abandoned journals.

The plants went no where but the clones are still alive and well in those little pots and are slated to go into DWC very soon.

They've been in there since Mar. 17. Amazing how long they can survive in a couple of Tbsps of dirt. lol

I doubt I'll be running a grow log tho but maybe.

Peace

Back
Top Bottom