Only Flower Nutes for Hempy?

VitaminGreen

Hey y'all. I gave e been doing a lot of searching and raising on Hempy buckets, and they seem to be awesome! I had a question that I couldn't find the answer too though. Let's say I cut clones...can I just put them directly into the Hempy bucket that they will stay in for flower and let them grow roots in that?

2nd question. Let's say I cut clones and wait till they root in a different method from above, and I place them directly into the Hempy bucket and give them a week to hit the res, and then straight into flower...does this mean that I would not need to waste money on veg nutes? I would only need to worry about flower notes correct?
Thanks in advance y'all, I really appreciate it!:peace:

Clones take an average of 10 to 14 days to form roots...

Flowering clones 12/12 with out veg period will result in a very small yield as size of plant may matter ! even SOG methods require some veg time...

You may wish to look at perpetual grow style :thumb:

Clones take an average of 10 to 14 days to form roots...

Flowering clones 12/12 with out veg period will result in a very small yield as size of plant may matter ! even SOG methods require some veg time...

You may wish to look at perpetual grow style :thumb:

Lol, thanks, but I understand. That's why I will be doing a SOG using 2-liters...if I average 6-14 grams, huge standard deviation I know, then I could put in two a week, harvest two a week eventually...we are getting off topic though. In a Hempy grow from what I have read it takes about a week to hit the res. So clone, show roots in 10-14 days, and then into the Hempy for a week to hit the res and then flower. I am sorry but I don't really understand what you were trying to tell me in regards to my questions about A. If the hemly cloner would work or B. If I could get away with flower Nutes only if I won't be giving a real veg?

I guess I should ha e looked more in depth. I see where you can just use MaxiBloom the entire time, regardless of veg or bloom...I hope I didn't come across as being an ass either Fuzzy, I know you were trying to help!

There is a similar method out there that u can find in a yahoo search of "7 harvest in one year" this guy takes clones, roots them and puts directly into flower getting 1/8-1/4 a plant. You will need at least 6 mothers to produce what ubr looking for but this way u need more plants which doesn't coincide with many state laws as they r a number game. If money is a concern why not go outdoor save money on electric and buy good nutes

Mmm well sog is a careful maths play really...

On average SOG grows are 20 plants per M2 :thumb:

When seed packets say X yield per M2 that is often referred to sog methods, what they don't tell you is amount of plants or veg time involved... to achieve that yield ?

In the past i did play around with some plants with sog method !

In 2 litre pots with a veg time of 6 to 8 weeks aprox these plants yielded a dry weight of an Oz on average... it was only a trail run with a few plants by the way, but if i had 16 to 20 plants in my 90cm by 90cm tent the maths would add up :peace:

So ye veg time should be included for few weeks at least !

Here's pic of one of them... btw that is clone/cutting.

PICT000268.JPG

Yield can be very strain dependent tho...

I run 2 Liter Hempys. Your potential yield is garnered by the genetics of the strain and how much root mass you have when initiating flowering.

If I have roots like this I'll put them right into flowering.

Picture_3284.jpg

Here's a pic to illustrate genetics. Both these plants were the same age.

grow_0135.jpg

My current batch didn't have quite the roots so they are currently veging for a week. I just think that you will get a disappointing yield if you initiate flowering without roots. Here's a pic to make help illustrate some nice passive hydro. This is a former Holy Grail Kush mother in a 5 gallon Hempy.

today_102.jpg

Awesome! Those are perfect. Okay, so I ha e a question Josh. I know you put the Hoke in the bucket to create a resoivoir, I can't spell sorry. When you feed and water, which some people do both at the same time every time, you do so until it comes out the hole...now my question is...do I have to ha e a container to collect the runoff? Let's say that I will be taking the plants out of their grow area to water by my sink. Can I just water till it comes out and then it will stop and I can put the plant back in its area? Do I really need a runoff bucket if I'm not going to water inside my grow area? I think the Hempy bucket in the bathtub answers my question but just want to make sure! Thanks, I am a visual learner so pics really help!

I just put that big plant for a photo before I harvested her. I use grow tents. They have a second liner or 'water dam'. I typically don't water using the 30% run off rule. I'll water the first one and measure how much she takes until there is minimal run off then water the rest the same.

Every once in a while I water more heavily to prevent salt build up. I'll just use a bath towel to wipe up the mess. I also recently bought a 3 gallon wet/dry vac just for this purpose. Between that, an oscillating fan, hygrometer, and dehumidifier I keep on top of it.

And to answer your other question I'll typically start out with full strength flowering nutrients right from the beginning.

Back
Top Bottom