Ontario Outdoors 2020

Welcome to the forum!
Yeah, my plants are shifting to flower now too.
Outdoors is a bit different, your plants should be starting to flower now to be done by early/mid October, they don't need 12/12. You'll hear a lot of growers say plants start to flower at between 14 and 14.5 hours of light. Personally I think the decreasing hours of light play a role.
June 4th isn't too late to plant at all. You might not have 3 metre tall monsters, but that can be a good thing.
Post some pics here too, we'd love to see your plants!
Mine are looking different everyday! Love it. Definitely the decrease in light

Mine too! The more excited I get the more I realize I'm wishing away the nice weather. :rolleyes:
Here are the pics of my 4.

This is some of the new growth on #2. @CanadianJim mentioned starting to flower, is this when I should switch to bloom or add bloom to the high N still?

I see they are transitioning but am not confident it's time just yet. I have some ProMix Organic Flower Boost garden fertilizer (3-7-3) I'm itching to start.

Ontario weathers been pretty good for cannabis mine are blooming subtle changes as the shift but fall is coming!
33AF271A-60E4-4F66-99DB-E8DA533C6D69.jpeg
6975C7F7-403C-4B1C-A845-4D5D97EEA68C.jpeg
974EE700-F476-4047-A3F0-C4F40DAB1450.jpeg

Mine too! The more excited I get the more I realize I'm wishing away the nice weather. :rolleyes:

This is some of the new growth on #2. @CanadianJim mentioned starting to flower, is this when I should switch to bloom or add bloom to the high N still?

I see they are transitioning but am not confident it's time just yet. I have some ProMix Organic Flower Boost garden fertilizer (3-7-3) I'm itching to start.
They're transitioning out of veg into flower. The first phase of flowering is the stretch, which is where a lot of us in Southern Ontario are. During the stretch they're still putting out some leaves, and finishing the growth of those already started, so they still need nitrogen. That fertilizer looks a bit low in potassium for flowering, but you're on the right track. That's about the npk of the nutes I feed mine when I'm using a potassium bicarbonate spray as a preventive for powdery mildew and botrytis. I noticed the first time I used it that I was starting to get a potassium excess, so I switched nutes to a 5-15-5. Now that I've switched to MC I'm probably only going to use the spray on plants in the ground.

They're transitioning out of veg into flower. The first phase of flowering is the stretch, which is where a lot of us in Southern Ontario are. During the stretch they're still putting out some leaves, and finishing the growth of those already started, so they still need nitrogen. That fertilizer looks a bit low in potassium for flowering, but you're on the right track. That's about the npk of the nutes I feed mine when I'm using a potassium bicarbonate spray as a preventive for powdery mildew and botrytis. I noticed the first time I used it that I was starting to get a potassium excess, so I switched nutes to a 5-15-5. Now that I've switched to MC I'm probably only going to use the spray on plants in the ground.

Im using the mega crop as well. Ive just started to add pk boost the extra pk will help with bud sites and my mc dosage has remained the same when they really get into bloom and I max out boost dosage I think I will cut the main MC dosage down a bit.

I appreciate this breakdown @CanadianJim, so nice to feel like I am "in the loop" and my plants are keeping pace!

This is essentialy a Home Harware effort. I have the Promix Hp soil, Promix 20-8-8 for veg, the ProMix flower boost 3-7-3, and some Miracle Grow 15-30-15 for flower. Plan to watch where you experienced growers start changing nutrients around to accommodate this transition to flower.

I used the Miracle Grow blue crystals for veg on my first grow, they were 15-30-15, and used what's in the pic below for flower. It smells like a mix of rotting fish and manure, and a little piss, lol. It works quite nicely. But if you're going to use potassium bicarbonate it's too high in potassium.
promix.JPG
My first grow was ok until an ill advised topping attempt. You're on a much better path right now, and there's a lot of good info on this forum.

Edit: Home Hardware has it too.

I used the Miracle Grow blue crystals for veg on my first grow, they were 15-30-15, and used what's in the pic below for flower. It smells like a mix of rotting fish and manure, and a little piss, lol. It works quite nicely. But if you're going to use potassium bicarbonate it's too high in potassium.
promix.JPG
My first grow was ok until an ill advised topping attempt. You're on a much better path right now, and there's a lot of good info on this forum.

This is a natural nutrient for flowering?
Currently I'm using 444 and 284 powered all natural nutrients and earth worm Castings.

promix.JPG

I was actually after this product (you really sold it with your description lol) and settled for the 3-7-3 they had on the almost bare shelf. I have an old bottle of 10-15-10 I could tinker with.
You have sent me off to learn more about potassium bicarbonate, though! Thanks

I was actually after this product (you really sold it with your description lol) and settled for the 3-7-3 they had on the almost bare shelf. I have an old bottle of 10-15-10 I could tinker with.
You have sent me off to learn more about potassium bicarbonate, though! Thanks
Had my coffee now, lol. There's a product called Green Cure, it's about 87% (I think?) potassium bicarbonate. It has surfactants and such too. I don't think it's sold here, but the guy who told me about pb said he got it on the zon. I just bought the straight chemical and added a bit of insecticidal soap, but you could use dish detergent. I don't know if it's why I only lost one tiny side bud to bud rot last year, but he said he had lost about 30% of his crop two years before, then he used it as a preventive and didn't lose any.

Had my coffee now, lol. There's a product called Green Cure, it's about 87% (I think?) potassium bicarbonate. It has surfactants and such too. I don't think it's sold here, but the guy who told me about pb said he got it on the zon. I just bought the straight chemical and added a bit of insecticidal soap, but you could use dish detergent. I don't know if it's why I only lost one tiny side bud to bud rot last year, but he said he had lost about 30% of his crop two years before, then he used it as a preventive and didn't lose any.
This is a whole new area that I need to get ready for. Sounds like these cool nights are going to soak things this fall.
It looks like we sell "Safer's" brand here in the chain stores. So far I see a few oz of potassium bicarbonate on the ca zon for a few bucks.

I had what I thought was PM last year and attempted to order Green Cure on eBay. I placed the order and received confirmation that it was shipped. Shortly there after eBay emailed notifying that the item was seized at customs, worth a try i suppose haha.

I was hoping it was contact or evaporation residue from having semi hard water and using Epsom salts. It seemed to be spreading though and I ended up spraying with Pyrethrin (food grade but nasty shit, none the less) and it seemed to disappear.

What do you think Canadian Jim?

AAB86D69-5631-44BE-B830-2716731EE244.jpeg

Double edged sword for sure! I love the summer but love october harvest!

I had what I thought was PM last year and attempted to order Green Cure on eBay. I placed the order and received confirmation that it was shipped. Shortly there after eBay emailed notifying that the item was seized at customs, worth a try i suppose haha.

I was hoping it was contact or evaporation residue from having semi hard water and using Epsom salts. It seemed to be spreading though and I ended up spraying with Pyrethrin (food grade but nasty shit, none the less) and it seemed to disappear.

What do you think Canadian Jim?

AAB86D69-5631-44BE-B830-2716731EE244.jpeg
It really does look like residue from things dripping from the leaves, but that could be where there was enough moisture for it to form. I would rinse it off with distilled water first. If it stays away, it's residue and if it comes back do what you need to do.
When I used potassium bicarbonate last year I didn't get pm on my girl in the ground, despite the tomato plants and cucumber vines nearby getting it.

It really does look like residue from things dripping from the leaves, but that could be where there was enough moisture for it to form. I would rinse it off with distilled water first. If it stays away, it's residue and if it comes back do what you need to do.
When I used potassium bicarbonate last year I didn't get pm on my girl in the ground, despite the tomato plants and cucumber vines nearby getting it.
Sounds good, thank you for the input.. I’ll look at getting some for next season as a preventive measure.

I see them growing, is this considered the stretch?
I tied that down 2 days ago at the tip, seems stretchy to me... :hmmmm:
Same veg nutes, no bloom yet. Just play it cool for another week or so, right?
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom