Opinions and advice are welcome

BAD NEWS
it's bugs. I can't get a clear picture with the magnifying app. They are black, tiny. No tents.
I'm not even sure what plant is affected. A leaf here and there. I am assuming they could be everywhere and on all plants.
I have Neem oil.
I emptied the room turned lights off
Cleaned and sprayed neem everywhere.
I have fans going. After that I will spread DE in the room.
I took every plant that hasn't formed flowers yet and sprayed top and bottom leaves stems and soil.
They are now drying with fans

Plants with flowers.
I'm removing every leaf that is questionable and putting in a bucket with soap and water . Will dispose of it when I'm done.
I am spraying fan leaves trying not to get any on buds.
It's lights out in two hours so I'm not turning the lights back on today.

Anything else I should do?
Tomorrow I plan to also treat all vegging plants.

Awww crap - I hate this for you….
Thank you.
I am exhausted. This morning I had fed and watered all 20 plants. The pots are so heavy.
I should be done in another hour. I sprayed each leaf with a paper towel underneath. The paper got wet, so the underneath got a coating too.
I did not find evidence on all the plants, but treated them anyway.
I have four in the first week since flip, I sprayed those entirely. It shouldn't affect the buds, right.
Tomorrow I will sterilize the basement, the tent and the clone and seedling room.
Can I spray the rooted clones and seedlings?

Thanks Emilya.
Am I treating them correctly?
Yes, that is what I would do. Keep applying every few days for a while and see what happens. @Sierra Natural Science has a good natural way to go after them too, and if the infestation is really bad, you can always order some ladybugs or other critters, even predator mites, that WILL get rid of them. The big question, is how did they get in? Have the plants, or any plants in that room, been outside? Did a clone come in from another grower? Find the source so you don't ever repeat this.

Yes, that is what I would do. Keep applying every few days for a while and see what happens. @Sierra Natural Science has a good natural way to go after them too, and if the infestation is really bad, you can always order some ladybugs or other critters, even predator mites, that WILL get rid of them. The big question, is how did they get in? Have the plants, or any plants in that room, been outside? Did a clone come in from another grower? Find the source so you don't ever repeat this.
I have chickens outside and work in the yard and coup.
I have been careful, but I guess, not careful enough.
The clones are all from my plants.
I go in and out from the garage door which is open to my basement
I will look into Sierra Natural Science. Do you know the specific product to buy?

I have chickens outside and work in the yard and coup.
I have been careful, but I guess, not careful enough.
The clones are all from my plants.
I go in and out from the garage door which is open to my basement
I will look into Sierra Natural Science. Do you know the specific product to buy?
SNS 217. It comes in large expensive sizes and in small packets to make a gallon. They are a sponsor here, so check to see if they have offered a discount code for our members.

Spider mites can easily come in our our clothes and our pets. I push it every time I let my dog into the grow room and I really need to stop letting him do that. If you have been working outside, I strongly suggest showering or at least changing clothes before going into your indoor grow area. I tend to work in my grow rooms in the evenings, after my shower and fairly skimpily dressed so as to minimize the chances of bringing anything in with me.

SNS 217. It comes in large expensive sizes and in small packets to make a gallon. They are a sponsor here, so check to see if they have offered a discount code for our members.

Spider mites can easily come in our our clothes and our pets. I push it every time I let my dog into the grow room and I really need to stop letting him do that. If you have been working outside, I strongly suggest showering or at least changing clothes before going into your indoor grow area. I tend to work in my grow rooms in the evenings, after my shower and fairly skimpily dressed so as to minimize the chances of bringing anything in with me.
I think I am going to buy those painter coveralls. They are made out of paper and very light.
I could use them anyway. The girls make me itchy a little bit.
I will keep dedicated shoes down here.
I will buy that product tonight.
Thank you so much for taking the time to help me.

Good morning all.
I don't see any live ones. But eggs are still there. So I repeat process tomorrow.
I also ordered SNS 217.

I thought of using hot shot no pest straps in veg tent and clone and seedlings room. Maybe in the basement as well. 6 hours with fans off. Repeat in 1 week.
Any thoughts on that?
I hear they are effective, but they must be used with caution.
I will not use them in the flower room because I have a perpetual grow going and some plants are too advanced into flower.

Some good news.
I harvested this girl 36 hrs ago. I just wet trimmed and did not find any bugs at all.
It's also my understanding that spider mites will crawl to the cut end of the stem when a plant is chopped. I waited a bit, no bugs.
So hopefully I caught this early.
Showing off the buds here.

20210718_134427.jpg

20210718_134407.jpg

Some good news.
I harvested this girl 36 hrs ago. I just wet trimmed and did not find any bugs at all.
It's also my understanding that spider mites will crawl to the cut end of the stem when a plant is chopped. I waited a bit, no bugs.
So hopefully I caught this early.
Showing off the buds here.

20210718_134427.jpg

20210718_134407.jpg
Congrats on your harvest my friend. :goodjob:
Bill

I thought I would post an update on the battle with the Borg.

BTW @Jypsydog , you were also correct. I have a lockout on two plants and major calcium deficiency.
I have upped the CalMag, with no results.
Today I flushed both plants thoroughly, and will feed CalMag tomorrow. And, yes, I got a microscope.

@Emilya, I have been treating all plants with SNS 217, at first every 3 days, now not so often. Still applying DE and washing floor with bleach. I have found an occasional live one, and the eggs look dead. I have no tenting anywhere. I am assuming that I am controlling them and they are not completely gone.

Question:
Is there anything else I should use with the SNS? I heard this little buggers become immune to pesticides.

These two also got a shower whole they were getting flushed.

20210811_182700.jpg

@Emilya, I have been treating all plants with SNS 217, at first every 3 days, now not so often. Still applying DE and washing floor with bleach. I have found an occasional live one, and the eggs look dead. I have no tenting anywhere. I am assuming that I am controlling them and they are not completely gone.

Question:
Is there anything else I should use with the SNS? I heard this little buggers become immune to pesticides.
It sounds like you are getting to the bugs but remember that you have at least 3 stages of lifecycle that can carry on if not hit with the juice, so you have to keep at it long enough to wipe out everyone ... I think its 21 days? As far as immunity you will have to ask @Sierra Natural Science but I doubt this is going to be a problem. The subset of the bug world that you wipe out is not passing on eggs or any sort of immunity to those that come along later or in future grows, so I think the SNS would work over and over again in the same growspace. This is an interesting question though and I am curious what you learn in this regard.

It sounds like you are getting to the bugs but remember that you have at least 3 stages of lifecycle that can carry on if not hit with the juice, so you have to keep at it long enough to wipe out everyone ... I think its 21 days? As far as immunity you will have to ask @Sierra Natural Science but I doubt this is going to be a problem. The subset of the bug world that you wipe out is not passing on eggs or any sort of immunity to those that come along later or in future grows, so I think the SNS would work over and over again in the same growspace. This is an interesting question though and I am curious what you learn in this regard.
Yes. It has been 30 days since the original post.
Some people say that you can't win this battle, but I'm determined
BTW, I experimented with a small plant. I sprayed everything, buds included with 1 to 9 alcohol water mixture. It killed everything but the plant. I kept it separate because I want to see how it affected the final product.
Tomorrow I will contact Sierra Natural and ask about immunity. as well as if I can use it in conjunction with their 209 soil drench. It's systemic. So I figure that it will protect upcoming plants.
Once again, thank you for getting involved.

Back
Top Bottom