Opinions on LED light

Bay707

Just asking for opinions on the maxisun 300 watt dimmable led light. Right now I am growing two one blueberry domina auto and another is a bag seed zkittlez they Both have just spouted . I have it on 40% veg and 25% bloom , at around 30 “. First time grower. Any suggestions on height and power for light , And can I sneak in any more plants ? I have a 4x4x7 grow closet . Will post picks later .

If the light is that dimmed, you should get it within 16" of the seedlings....what is the schedule? I see one is an auto...I prefer 18/6 for that. The other is a bag seed and this may be an issue later...you'll need to switch the light to 12/12 to flower and this is the bare min for autos...they'll still grow, but just sloooooooooow. I usually just grow all autos @ 18/6 and that way I am able to cycle in seedlings every 6-8 weeks (perpetual).

4x4 is a great space and should be able to handle up to 4 plants...not familiar with that light, but even if is is not optimal to cover 4 plants full time, you can always rotate them for better coverage. The beauty of more plants is you increase you learning curve as well as your yield.

:goodluck:

Depends on their growth under your circumstances, but basically when the branches are long enough to bend without overly stressing/breaking them...around 12" (30cm)...so usually 3-4 weeks from popping. I usually attach the pipe cleaners and give a gentle tug Day 1 of LST and then come back in 2-3 days and give them a better tug outward...it is a slow gentle process and really all you are doing is opening them up for better light...they don't need to be ripped wide open.

I just looked up that light on Amazon. It only pulls 138 Watts from the wall and the light maker only recommends flowering in a two by two area. If you're trying to figure if that's enough light for a 16 square foot space it is not. That light on it gives an average of 8.6 watts per square foot and you should be around 40 or 50. Personally my own light only does 25 watts per square foot so I will need to up my average.

I have it on 40% veg and 25% bloom , at around 30 “
We need to see some pics...might be time to crank the light intensity and lower it...
Thanks agian . I am going to start a grow log tommorow stop by from time to time .
Add a lot of pics...makes it much easier and will get more traffic. Make sure to put the link in your signature so other can find it.
If you're trying to figure if that's enough light for a 16 square foot space it is not.
I think he knows this....but he has the space to add more plants and more lighting...which is a natural progression. Lights can be ordered and arrived in a few days...starting new plants takes longer. :)

Back
Top Bottom