Opioid Tapering With Cannabis: A Regimen

I think they are reading but are too constricted to act against their donors ... did you know big pharma knows what it can do, they own the patent to prove it. But they can't monopolize so they won't let us have a medicine they can't produce exclusively in a lab and sold at outrageous profit margins....

I think they are reading but are too constricted to act against their donors ... did you know big pharma knows what it can do, they own the patent to prove it. But they can't monopolize so they won't let us have a medicine they can't produce exclusively in a lab and sold at outrageous profit margins....
TRUTH!

@SweetSue, my condolences on your bereavement....... you made reference to " the bright light at the end of the tunnel " a cpl pages back. And I can't agree with you more as throughout my hiccups I have learnt, that bright light is always there it just depends where along the tunnel you are as it does seem to dim a little but it will always guide you as long as you are willing to fight for what you believe in.....:thanks: on behalf of everyone, myself included and those to follow for everything you do and contribute to :420:

Evening everyone.......back problems round 3.......:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

I'll try for a super condensed version as I lost 3 hours of 2 digit typing last night and it gutted me....
10 years of back problems, 6 years living in the uk, going on 4 years back in South Africa ( home )
I have dual citizenship, 6 years of false diagnoses in the uk, relocated back home December 2013.
6 months being back home and pharma meds and such had MRI #6 and confirmed herniated disc and another 2 bulging.... Now my pain tolerance is very high after 6 years of blunders.

Since I had no medical insurance I flew back to the uk for surgery as I'm a citizen of the U.K. and I pay my taxes.
Imagine how relieved I was after the MRI came back clean.....:high-five: back on a plane a week later, home sweet home......

2 weeks later and I was on the operating table. recovery, take it slowly, don't forget to take your meds. A 1/4 of my life savings on 1 op, lesson learnt. Med insurance here I come. Lost feeling outer left leg.

Meds started controlling my life, pain, pain and more pain, meds n booze and MJ a match made in hell
Been a heavy drinker since 15 years old... I know
Hello morphine my friend and steriods you beauty.

2nd op last year May, I stopped the booze 1st of February on docs orders, booze and healing does not work. October was final check up with neurosurgeon, my back still sore, MRI same day. L3 - L4 fusion.
Medical Insurance only allows 1 lumbar surgery a year. Hello Oxy my friend. Turned into a monster now. MJ out the window as its rubbish here, 1 month later started growing bagseed.

Fusion scheduled for June this year but since I've felt so amazing with oxy since last year I cancelled it after a big family meeting.
6 months ago I noticed I was having tingly spots on my lower body interspersed with numbness but so brief I didn't pay much attention. Stopped taking oxy December last year and any form of pharma, and started smoking MJ again and making edibles...

Now that rubbish MJ makes edibles that sometimes help but I grin and bear it mostly as I haven't worked in almost 2 years.

The closest decent MJ is a 5hr round trip, so I try once a month to get but the pain is my constant friend.

Oxy and morphine really played hide and seek with all the Red Flags my body was screaming at me.
Over the weekend while out walking I noticed my hips were numb and tingling, got home jumped in the shower and while washing I noticed my groin and buttocks had also lost feeling.

Fast forward till Tuesday I was diagnosed with CAUDA EQUINA Syndrome, nerves in the saddle area are being damaged and can lead to irreparable damage for the 2 most important bodily functions.
I should of been admitted on Tuesday due the serious nature of my injuries which I was totally unaware of due to pharma meds.

My neurosurgeon who did both ops is on annual leave till Monday and I'm too sh.t scared to have anyone else near my back as it takes 1 careless action and I'm buggered even worse than I am right now.

So as I lay in bed tonight and stare at my legs who aren't responding to commands from my brain to move I've made peace with myself in regards to what's coming....:high-five:

And I know my dance with pharma meds is going to start again, but come hell or high water as soon as I leave hospital those recovery meds are out the window unless I know what purpose they will serve in aiding my recovery...

But what I don't know is bout CBD and THC strains that would benefit me, as what I'm trying to grow now is more recreational as I never saw this coming in a million years and thought I'd have time to perfect my grows but too little too late..

It's long and I apologize but I'm at my wits end until Monday when I can speak to my doc......:thanks:

'BYE BYE NIGHT SWEATS'
well this isn't specifically cannabis-related, it is natural and SweetSue has asked that I post the recipe here so hopefully it will help some people as it's helped me!

Can thank my wife Aurora for this.

Now we use little roll on balls with coconut carrier oil. Fractured.
10ml bottles.
Add the following :

20 drops Clary sage
10 drops lavender
5 drops frankincense
5 drops peppermint

now what you do is you apply this to your wrists, neck, feet and spine. I apply on the bottom of my feet directly on the skin even though I wear socks all the time.

Since I've been tapering I normally go through three to five sweats per night.

since using this oil it's dropped it down to zero to sometimes two on a very stressful day.

The most important thing however is that it lessens the severity and the duration tremendously.

I used it as a preventative at 6 p.m. around and if I forget I'll use it at the first sweat on set.

Having been doing this for almost a decade now I know my body well and this works excellent.
Phenomenal,

Pheno...

May I suggest, for your feet.

Snorkel fin booties.
Made of neoprene.
One size fits all.sort of..
Try one if you like.
Once, your feet hurt..your ankle hurt, then calf...you know..

Evening everyone.......back problems round 3.......:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

I'll try for a super condensed version as I lost 3 hours of 2 digit typing last night and it gutted me....
10 years of back problems, 6 years living in the uk, going on 4 years back in South Africa ( home )
I have dual citizenship, 6 years of false diagnoses in the uk, relocated back home December 2013.
6 months being back home and pharma meds and such had MRI #6 and confirmed herniated disc and another 2 bulging.... Now my pain tolerance is very high after 6 years of blunders.

Since I had no medical insurance I flew back to the uk for surgery as I'm a citizen of the U.K. and I pay my taxes.
Imagine how relieved I was after the MRI came back clean.....:high-five: back on a plane a week later, home sweet home......

2 weeks later and I was on the operating table. recovery, take it slowly, don't forget to take your meds. A 1/4 of my life savings on 1 op, lesson learnt. Med insurance here I come. Lost feeling outer left leg.

Meds started controlling my life, pain, pain and more pain, meds n booze and MJ a match made in hell
Been a heavy drinker since 15 years old... I know
Hello morphine my friend and steriods you beauty.

2nd op last year May, I stopped the booze 1st of February on docs orders, booze and healing does not work. October was final check up with neurosurgeon, my back still sore, MRI same day. L3 - L4 fusion.
Medical Insurance only allows 1 lumbar surgery a year. Hello Oxy my friend. Turned into a monster now. MJ out the window as its rubbish here, 1 month later started growing bagseed.

Fusion scheduled for June this year but since I've felt so amazing with oxy since last year I cancelled it after a big family meeting.
6 months ago I noticed I was having tingly spots on my lower body interspersed with numbness but so brief I didn't pay much attention. Stopped taking oxy December last year and any form of pharma, and started smoking MJ again and making edibles...

Now that rubbish MJ makes edibles that sometimes help but I grin and bear it mostly as I haven't worked in almost 2 years.

The closest decent MJ is a 5hr round trip, so I try once a month to get but the pain is my constant friend.

Oxy and morphine really played hide and seek with all the Red Flags my body was screaming at me.
Over the weekend while out walking I noticed my hips were numb and tingling, got home jumped in the shower and while washing I noticed my groin and buttocks had also lost feeling.

Fast forward till Tuesday I was diagnosed with CAUDA EQUINA Syndrome, nerves in the saddle area are being damaged and can lead to irreparable damage for the 2 most important bodily functions.
I should of been admitted on Tuesday due the serious nature of my injuries which I was totally unaware of due to pharma meds.

My neurosurgeon who did both ops is on annual leave till Monday and I'm too sh.t scared to have anyone else near my back as it takes 1 careless action and I'm buggered even worse than I am right now.

So as I lay in bed tonight and stare at my legs who aren't responding to commands from my brain to move I've made peace with myself in regards to what's coming....:high-five:

And I know my dance with pharma meds is going to start again, but come hell or high water as soon as I leave hospital those recovery meds are out the window unless I know what purpose they will serve in aiding my recovery...

But what I don't know is bout CBD and THC strains that would benefit me, as what I'm trying to grow now is more recreational as I never saw this coming in a million years and thought I'd have time to perfect my grows but too little too late..

It's long and I apologize but I'm at my wits end until Monday when I can speak to my doc......:thanks:

Smeegol, that deserves a gentle, but very loving hug. Think very gentle...:hug::hug::hug:

Trust the universe. It brought you here, didn't it? You're close enough to the operation that you'll have to roll with it, won't you? Try your best not to look at it all as "well this sucks!" I'm gonna encourage you to embrace the experience with the expectation that it's all going to work out for you. Let that be your mantra as you go through what's ahead "Things always work out for me."

Hold onto that truth with all you have, and I'll do my best at focusing my energy towards a good outcome, 'cause right now that's all we got, so let's make the best of it.

That's quite a sh*t show you have going, isn't it? Let's consider it temporary. I for one intend to see you in my mind's eye healthy and strong, and then I'm gonna expect that the universe will be inspiring you at every step along the way.

Can you get hold of any of that neat CBD crystal stuff that's been hitting the market lately? I'm pretty sure it's available just about anywhere these days, but I haven't looked recently. That'd give you more wiggle room for mixing meds. Rec plants are typically high THC, and you want a balanced ratio. At some point I can see you getting to a fairly high level of CBD for inflammatory relief.

I know they call it "practicing medicine" but I'd appreciate it if they'd practice a little less on you going forward. :hug::hug::hug::hug::hug:

And thank you for the condolences. His death freed me to do this in his honor. :battingeyelashes:

Morning SweetSue..........:thanks::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::green_heart:

Thankyou for those kind words and just like every morning as I've been doing since my
S_ugar-H_oney-I_ce-T_ea- show I've been turning to :420: more and more and more.....
Why.....????? because everyone's garden I've been lurking in they each have a unique and individual story to share and ( don't you think our Adam's apple causes us guys to get choked up more easily as that's my immediate give away when I'm upset.....:rofl::hug::hug::hug::rofl:) I find out of everything I'm dealing with that those fine folk that have unknowingly entered my life has provided me long time ago with the strength to deal with my situation......lol

( I think you'd be very proud to see who I've befriended in the short 3 1/2 months that I've been here even though I've been a lurker most of last year ) and each and everyone has contributed so much knowledge and info which I'm ashamed to admit that by lurking so long I might have had knowledge to share when they might of needed it as I've never been in a situation where I've had to reach out so suddenly " Thursday " night as I was emotionally destroyed and there's only so much family can do..................and then YOU are own.....

I reached out to a certain member @Guy Cavallero ( hope you don't mind, but you deserve the recognition) Thursday as my emotions were all over and even though I'd never made my presence known there was something about his journal that screamed at me that I could trust him...:thanks::hug::hug::hug::hug::thanks::green_heart:

South Africa is still in dark in regards to MJ, and we are emerging slowly onto the MJ scene.

Sadly the underground market is capitalizing on the misery of others. We have so many people peddling Thc/ Cbd oils, balms tinctures and rso but can't provide any info on what was used to make those. And the prices are exorbitant, I have tried a cpl rso products.....

And I don't mind the euphoria as long as I can heal, but being whacked for 2 days solid isn't fun....
and $100 for 5ml syringes is daylight robbery, and some don't even work....

MB machines have a year long waiting list here in South Africa, and to get on that list is painful.

But I've made my peace long time ago already as after my 2nd op, in my heart I knew with a certainty and told my mom so that my back is not healing but my folks were so positive about how well I was doing that I didn't have the heart to burst their bubble.

So typing this I'm overjoyed by the fact that I have a 2nd family I can approach when I can't approach my real family due to unnecessary worry....:hug::hug::hug::hug::circle-of-love:

Morning SweetSue..........:thanks::hug::hug::hug::hug::hug::green_heart:

Thankyou for those kind words and just like every morning as I've been doing since my
S_ugar-H_oney-I_ce-T_ea- show I've been turning to :420: more and more and more.....
Why.....????? because everyone's garden I've been lurking in they each have a unique and individual story to share and ( don't you think our Adam's apple causes us guys to get choked up more easily as that's my immediate give away when I'm upset.....:rofl::hug::hug::hug::rofl:) I find out of everything I'm dealing with that those fine folk that have unknowingly entered my life has provided me long time ago with the strength to deal with my situation......lol

( I think you'd be very proud to see who I've befriended in the short 3 1/2 months that I've been here even though I've been a lurker most of last year ) and each and everyone has contributed so much knowledge and info which I'm ashamed to admit that by lurking so long I might have had knowledge to share when they might of needed it as I've never been in a situation where I've had to reach out so suddenly " Thursday " night as I was emotionally destroyed and there's only so much family can do..................and then YOU are own.....

I reached out to a certain member @Guy Cavallero ( hope you don't mind, but you deserve the recognition) Thursday as my emotions were all over and even though I'd never made my presence known there was something about his journal that screamed at me that I could trust him...:thanks::hug::hug::hug::hug::thanks::green_heart:

South Africa is still in dark in regards to MJ, and we are emerging slowly onto the MJ scene.

Sadly the underground market is capitalizing on the misery of others. We have so many people peddling Thc/ Cbd oils, balms tinctures and rso but can't provide any info on what was used to make those. And the prices are exorbitant, I have tried a cpl rso products.....

And I don't mind the euphoria as long as I can heal, but being whacked for 2 days solid isn't fun....
and $100 for 5ml syringes is daylight robbery, and some don't even work....

MB machines have a year long waiting list here in South Africa, and to get on that list is painful.

But I've made my peace long time ago already as after my 2nd op, in my heart I knew with a certainty and told my mom so that my back is not healing but my folks were so positive about how well I was doing that I didn't have the heart to burst their bubble.

So typing this I'm overjoyed by the fact that I have a 2nd family I can approach when I can't approach my real family due to unnecessary worry....:hug::hug::hug::hug::circle-of-love:

One of the best functions of this forum is that of second family. I typically greet new members with a “welcome to the family you didn’t know you had.” :hug:

Morning @SweetSue and all of you fine folk.. so yesterday I felt a slight warm sensation( like wetting yourself ) spread up spine.......:oops:

And my upper body neck down just became very heavy ( as if I was wearing lead jewellery ) so that freaked me out badly, smoked a MJ ( no name street ) as nothing else available and that euphoria induced a anxiety/panic attack which I've had once before due to acute chronic Gout and I black out due to pain and hyperventilating and it just repeats till I see a doc and he sedates me.

Anyway so my moms doc was on standby so went to him, he knows my back probs too as I have 2 docs who look after me. And he confirmed that my upper body had become affected now as well but he stood by my descion to wait till Monday to speak to my neuro as I was pooping myself that they would admit me there and then and have a stranger cut me open....

So I have another day of happiness to enjoy and hope you have a yabba dabba doo day SweetSue.....

Morning @SweetSue and all of you fine folk.. so yesterday I felt a slight warm sensation( like wetting yourself ) spread up spine.......:oops:

And my upper body neck down just became very heavy ( as if I was wearing lead jewellery ) so that freaked me out badly, smoked a MJ ( no name street ) as nothing else available and that euphoria induced a anxiety/panic attack which I've had once before due to acute chronic Gout and I black out due to pain and hyperventilating and it just repeats till I see a doc and he sedates me.

Anyway so my moms doc was on standby so went to him, he knows my back probs too as I have 2 docs who look after me. And he confirmed that my upper body had become affected now as well but he stood by my descion to wait till Monday to speak to my neuro as I was pooping myself that they would admit me there and then and have a stranger cut me open....

So I have another day of happiness to enjoy and hope you have a yabba dabba doo day SweetSue.....

The fun never stops, does it Smeegol? :hug:

Hang in there and the next time the cannabis induces panic try to stop resisting it. My daughter occasionally has this happen, and after the second time she determined to let herself allow the panic to wash over her without resistance and low and behold, she discovered that it wasn’t the terrifying experience she expected.

It’s so disconcerting to have cannabis cause panic, and it can be due to so many factors. Try this if it happens again. It may help.

You’re caught in a whirlwind beyond your control. In a case like this the best you can do is have absolute trust in the whimsy of the universe and roll with it. After surgery you can work on getting your life more even-keeled with the help of cannabis. We’re here when you need us. :battingeyelashes::love:

Thankyou kindly @SweetSue, and I'm all ok now, made the mental adjustment so I'm ok with what's coming and as you say it's out my control so roll with it...
Had a cpl mjs today and I'm much calmer and relaxed, have to take anxiety meds for a cpl days but that's necessary right now..

Please give your daughter a hug from and let her know there's a chap from South Africa holding her in his thoughts....:thanks::hug::hug::hug::thanks:

@Smeegol ,
I've had similar experiences. Not complete panic attack, but definitely had to dial back the "high" a bit. I swear by CBD oil in these situations. I'd do a bit of research on good CDB oil companies and find one that will ship to ya. That balanced THC/CBD combo helps more than you can imagine.
Keep your head up!

Love & prayers from TX,
-P

@Smeegol ,
I've had similar experiences. Not complete panic attack, but definitely had to dial back the "high" a bit. I swear by CBD oil in these situations. I'd do a bit of research on good CDB oil companies and find one that will ship to ya. That balanced THC/CBD combo helps more than you can imagine.
Keep your head up!

Love & prayers from TX,
-P

Good evening everyone, hope you all are having a pleasant day....:high-five:

@Preston9mm, how ya doing, thanks for that as the last cpl days I'm scrambling to get things in place for once I'm out, surgery is confirmed for Thursday @ 13:45.
Will be hospitalized for 6-7 days and I'm going to a " Step down Facility " which opened up last year and luckily my physio has his rooms and gym there so will more than likely be staying there for a cpl days while I rehabilitate in regards to walking, movements and such as I am only to able stand, walk or lying down for 2-3 months again....:popcorn: ( lotta research coming up...lol )

I have found a supplier for RSO ( sticky black toffee ) I had a a bit bigger than a grain of rice and still felt stoned yesterday almost 24 hrs later but no pain ( more an irritation ) but he does not know what the concentration levels of CBD versus THC levels are....
He lives in the city I'm having my op in so he's offered to bring me some oil infused chocolates ( yay so excited ) but also to discuss this oil he gets and whether the gentleman who makes it would be willing to work in conjunction with me in reaching a solution due to me being unable to do so myself....

MB machine has a 6-12 months waiting list in South Africa, and once I'm up and running again I can concentrate on providing myself with my own meds.....:yahoo::high-five:

Having a " Anterior Lumbar Interbody Fusion L4-L5 with Sassca Cage and Screws ".

Thanking all of you and once back at home I'll let all of you know how everything so far has been going....:circle-of-love:

Do you know if they are setting the cage in the vertebral space with BMP (artificial) or doing a bone graft to set the fusion?
I've had each style done twice and they have several pros & cons.
Each time they did a fusion with BMP, I was in minimal pain, but the vertebrae bones never actually fused. This caused my screws to loosen and required revision years later.
The bone graft fusions all took wonderfully, but the recovery afterward was miserable. Bone graft donation site was the worst.

Either way, these surgeries are successful far more often than not. Just know what you're up against and prepare accordingly. You will soon have some shiny new bling like mine, lol:

You'll be on your feet soon enough. Hope for a super-speedy recovery.

-P

Good evening @Preston9mm...

I won't lie to you as after reading and seeing that pic that I actually did not have the faintest clue about what is now about to happen.. I'm only just realised at what I've actually signed up for in regards to this operation....

Blindly almost as all I can recall is a picture I have in my head of two cylinders that resemble the inside of a tumble dryer drum....
That and the fact I've thought the entire time that is that they would be filled with donor something like you say BNP.....??????
I never considered for a moment that the material used would/could be from myself as donor.....:oops:

I've just thoroughly went through my documents and the quote for instrumentation and permission to go ahead says......

Anterior Interbody fusion: One level X 1
Anterior Spinal osteotomy with disc removal x 1
Anterior instrumentation 2-3 vertebrae X 1
Microscope and in spinal procedure

That pic you showed is 2 vertebrae is that correct cause then I'm bricking it.......
Have a lot more panic research to do.

Good evening once again everyone
@Preston9mm, my apologies or anyone please chime in.....

The pic I just attached am I correct in assuming that the photo you showed is what they are going to attach to my spine..... bit stressed right now as that's not what I've expected, for the life of me if I could find the pic I've convinced myself I've seen...................

So that is what I can/should expect.......thank fk I have anxiety meds in me...

The pic I just attached am I correct in assuming that the photo you showed is what they are going to attach to my spine..... bit stressed right now as that's not what I've expected, for the life of me if I could find the pic I've convinced myself I've seen...................

So, basically they will be removing the damaged disc and replacing it with something that will cause those 2 vertebrae to grow together into one solid bone. The screws and rods stabilize everything until that bone grows into place.
So, option 1: they shave some bone slivers from (most likely) your hip. Place these slivers into a tiny cage then place where your disc was removed, then secure everything with the screws/rods.
Option 2: that cage is filled with a sponge like material coated in BMP, an artificial bone growth stimulator. Most doctors prefer this method because bone grafts hurt.
In the end, you will have 2 screws in L4 and 2 screws in L5, a small cage placed between the vertebrae an finally 2 rods will be placed vertically to hold it together.

This is a very basic description, but hopefully gives you ideas for questions to ask. Just don't let it freak you out and you'll be good to go.

-P

Once again I thankyou kindly, well that is quite a piece of equipment that's going in....:oops:

@Preston9mm, I'm all good, just freaked me out really badly realizing I had the wrong impression of what was actually going to happen...
But I realize that even though my idea was pretty vague I understand the practical side of your explanation so not panicking thankfully.
More trying to adjust mentally to what I'm busy googling and your help thankfully. So actually feel ok just slow n slow absorbing this new info.......:thanks:

Another thought I just had... When you speak to your doctor next, ask if he thinks a "magnetic bone growth stimulator" will help you post op. If so, holler at me! I have this gadget from my last surgery that cost like $1500. I'll never use it again, but it sure can help you regenerate that bone after the fusion. I will gladly donate it and figure out a way to get it to ya. From what I understand, the technology isn't bullshit, I got this deal from my PT/Ortho team through the VA. I haven't gone back to get an MRI for a long time, so I can't visually see how well it stimulated growth, but I can definitely say I healed faster and feel far less pain post-recovery than any other fusion I've had.

Back
Top Bottom