Optimus PrimeBuds 2nd Indoor CFL Grow

I know mine had me scratching my head for a while cause it's def not like any of the other autos I've read about. I contacted them like a week or so ago and this is what they sent me.

For the best results, we recommend growing these plants outdoors, since the whole process may take up to three and a half months. They are not like the 60-70 day self-flowering varieties, but over 100 days, to assure the highest yield and optimal psychoactive content, as well as the best flavour and smell.

So I'm not to sure, the seed banks site says best light schedule for them is 18/6 or 14/10.

Thanks for the info D, still no sign of flowering but since thy are a bit unpredictable maybe it will happen when i switch the lights this weekend. Hope it is a female it says Feminized but vie been tricked before sadly.

:peacetwo:

Yep I agree with D, you can definitely go into soil with roots like that, What kind of soil are you transplanting into?...Oh and I'll put together a list of items to get you started on the cloner, just give me a few to do it, I'm super busy this weekend, getting ready for a road trip and week vaca to cali....I get it together for you over the next few days bro....

Just planted her and another one rooted. So 2 out of 5 made it, but this latest one has brown leaves on top and showing sings of yellowing. I have planted them in FFOF I know its a bit hot but thats what all my seeds started in and it hasn't failed yet. No rush on the cloner my friend I can understand you are busy so thanks again for helping me with this!

Here is a quick picture update :) enjoy...

Cali:
cali112.jpg

cali218.jpg

Diesel:
diesel215.jpg

diesel40.jpg

Buddha:
buddha32.jpg

buddha211.jpg

Raspberry:
raspberry1.jpg

Clones of Cali:
clone117.jpg

clone211.jpg

Large Group:
group80.jpg

Small Group (Left to right: cali clone, raspberry, cali clone)
newgroup.jpg

Man OP I'm so sorry, I'm not going to BS you bud, I straight forgot about putting together that list til today. I'm slammed at work and just getting caught up on a lot of stuff.
Here's the basics of what you will need. Just google who might have the cheapest prices for your area, and if you have any questions feel free to ask me. Sorry again buddy, oh and I'm also sorry but it might run around 40-50 bucks for all this stuff, I forgot that I already owned a hole saw, and the totes....We'll start assembly when I get back from cali if thats ok with you?...(I promise I'll give you a thorough walk through on the build, to make up for slacking on the list:) )

x2 rubber maid totes from HD--8-10$ ea
2" hole saw--HD(you can also measure 2" diameter circles and carefully cut with a razor blade if you dont want to buy the hole saw-Plus you need a drill for the hole saw)
2" net cups--Hydro store or nursery, possibly even HD--not sure of price
1/4" air tubing--HD--~5$
1 (preferably 2) bubble wals-~10$ ea @ pet supply/WallyWorld
1.5" rockwool cubes--Hydro store/nursery--Not sure of price(google it)
Aqua culture 20-60 gallon air pump with 2 air ports--@wallmart or pet supply-15$tops

Just start collecting the items, and if you get a wild hair, it's pretty self explanitory how it'll all go together, and you can look back to page 15, post 213 of my journal, you can see some of the steps I took to do mine, Items needed and so on. I'll be more than happy to walk you through it though if you want to wait til I get back(around the 1st)....
See you soon bro!

Dremel tool is (one of) a grower's best friend(s).

Man OP I'm so sorry, I'm not going to BS you bud, I straight forgot about putting together that list til today. I'm slammed at work and just getting caught up on a lot of stuff.
Here's the basics of what you will need. Just google who might have the cheapest prices for your area, and if you have any questions feel free to ask me. Sorry again buddy, oh and I'm also sorry but it might run around 40-50 bucks for all this stuff, I forgot that I already owned a hole saw, and the totes....We'll start assembly when I get back from cali if thats ok with you?...(I promise I'll give you a thorough walk through on the build, to make up for slacking on the list:) )

x2 rubber maid totes from HD--8-10$ ea
2" hole saw--HD(you can also measure 2" diameter circles and carefully cut with a razor blade if you dont want to buy the hole saw-Plus you need a drill for the hole saw)
2" net cups--Hydro store or nursery, possibly even HD--not sure of price
1/4" air tubing--HD--~5$
1 (preferably 2) bubble wals-~10$ ea @ pet supply/WallyWorld
1.5" rockwool cubes--Hydro store/nursery--Not sure of price(google it)
Aqua culture 20-60 gallon air pump with 2 air ports--@wallmart or pet supply-15$tops

Just start collecting the items, and if you get a wild hair, it's pretty self explanitory how it'll all go together, and you can look back to page 15, post 213 of my journal, you can see some of the steps I took to do mine, Items needed and so on. I'll be more than happy to walk you through it though if you want to wait til I get back(around the 1st)....
See you soon bro!

Great thank you so much bro you've been a huge help :high-five: I was checking out your journal a bit and seeing how it is done...but im not that handy so if I bug ya about it and how to do it I hope you don't mind lol. I'll probe start collecting most of the stuff beginning of August since I'll be gone all next week.

Oh! also I just started my 12/12 light schedule today I will be switching out a few 6500k bulbs without he yellow day bulbs with 2500 there will be half and half as far as bulbs go. I heard this mimics Fall light and helps in flowering. Bad news is I didn't get my other light fixture set up so all the clones and the new Raspberry Cough will have to go into flowering. I will try and pull them out and into the other light fixture with the next 2 weeks hopefully....Other wise I will be flowering some very small clones lol

Dremel tool is (one of) a grower's best friend(s).

Lol I guess I will fins this out soon enough my friend :)

Also dumb question but I'll ask it since my last grow was a little odd. What is the average time ti takes from the start of 12/12 to find out the sex of your plant?

Ok so just thought I mention the good news! I was watering the girls and when I was checking Diesel I noticed what looked like string from the hemp string holding the branches down, after a closer look I noticed it wasn't the hairs from the string it was 2 white hairs from the plant!! Theyre only at the top of the plant right now but who cares...

ITS A GIRL!!!

So just wondering but how long will it take for the clones to start showing some real growth? The first clone I had planted is showing a bit of top growth but its slow going in general. The second clone that ended up getting brown leaves at the very top has shown no signs of growing what so ever.

Alos this one goes to you Quixilvir :) When I make the new cloner how long can I keep the clones in there? As in do you let them get roots and then grow a few inches before transplanting them, or do you transplant them on the first sign of roots?

Ok so here is some more good news! Just found out I have a 100% female success rate! Thats right every plant I have (excluding raspberry which I hope is male) Is a female! and I have 4 other clones on the way which 2 will be mothers and if raspberry is male I can start breeding and making some awesome hybrids!.

Picture update. So some other good news these girls are all growing like crazy..the bad news..again I have a small space to work with and im running out of room and there is not enough light fixtures to sustain them all through flowering, but I have 2 more being built that hopefully will get done soon.

Cali:
cali219.jpg

cali35.jpg

Cali Clones:
cali_cloneT.jpg

cali_clone.jpg

cali_clone2.jpg

cali_clone2T.jpg

Diesel:
diesel41.jpg

diesel216.jpg

Buddha:
buddha33.jpg

Group Shot:
group81.jpg

Hope you guys are doing well, so some more news and a question or two. First the god news, all the other clones I had (3 total) have rooted. The bad news is again I ran out of room and have to wait to build my new light fixture so getting them all enough light has been hard.

My question is does anyone know what might be wrong with my Raspberry Cough plant? she is in the same soil as the others has the same amount of light and isn't directly in the lights, but he leaves look burnt some of the new top leaves their tips are black/brown and curling in a bit. Besides all that she is still growing everyday but not sure if this is an issue or not?

Also I know she has to be transplanted soon the bottom of her stem is super thin but the rest is pretty thick so she cant support her own weight just yet.

Raspberry Cough:
raspberry21.jpg

raspberry3.jpg

Buds starting to form and both Cali Orange and Diesel.

Cali:
caliBud3.jpg

Diesel:
diesel_bud2.jpg

diesel42.jpg

Hello again everyone! Yes I am back and will be starting my new grow in 5 days. I have a new grow room a new setup and experience from my first grow. I'm ready to take this to the next level. I now know I only like sativa strains, so all the plants I am growing are sativa dominant. I will be letting a few plants grow naturally and the others I will LST. I will hover be FIMing or Toping every plant.

As off now I am growing these strains.

3 Buddha Haze
1 Purple Haze.
1 Cali Orange Bud (left over seed)
1 Trainwreck

Soil: Fox Farm Ocean Forest (Grow Big Nutes)
Light: (2) CFL fixtures with 4 cfls each 150w 6500k, set on timers 18/6
Using tap water thats sat out for at least 24hrs with a ph of 6.5
Panda film to keep light in and a single fan on medium

I will be starting out germinating these seeds using the paper towel method.
I will then transplant half in soil using this mix
bottom half: perlite:
middle: 50/50 mix perlite soil
top: all soil

The other half will start out in rockwool.

I hope you guys check in on my new grow, it will hopefully way way better then my first grow :hookah:

You really should try the Super Auto Cali Haze from short stuff. 100-120 days from sprouting, pure sativa, wonderful high. I've gotten up to 4 oz. indoors and it is said to go as high a 9 outdoors, but stays about three feet tall. I plan on trying some Gibberilic acid to make fem seeds as can't really clone automatics. Anyone know if I Gibberillic acid a few girls how long they need to stay away from each other before they might cross pollinate?:thanks:

You really should try the Super Auto Cali Haze from short stuff. 100-120 days from sprouting, pure sativa, wonderful high. I've gotten up to 4 oz. indoors and it is said to go as high a 9 outdoors, but stays about three feet tall. I plan on trying some Gibberilic acid to make fem seeds as can't really clone automatics. Anyone know if I Gibberillic acid a few girls how long they need to stay away from each other before they might cross pollinate?:thanks:

Sounds like a great next strain to grow! How was the high? Was it uplighting and energetic? Thats what I love about the sativa plants all the indices vie had make me paranoid and lazy. Bad thing about sativas is how long they take to flower.

Sounds like a great next strain to grow! How was the high? Was it uplighting and energetic? Thats what I love about the sativa plants all the indices vie had make me paranoid and lazy. Bad thing about sativas is how long they take to flower.

It most certainly has that soaring sativa high. The main bud on it looks like a baseball bat, almost. The Attitude's site has a good description of it. I give it 10/10. They crossed Special Haze with Ruderalis stabilized and then added in a Medellin female to the mix. Yeah Sats. do take long to flower, there are some 8-9 week strains now, but that's what's great about this all sativa and finishes in 100 -120 days from sprouting. Automatics as you know will start flowering for females and this is only available feminized - which might make making some seeds a good idea by reversing one or a branch. You won't be disappointed. Easy to care for too as go into flower right away or after about 20 days I should say. You won't be sorry. I've found two Phenotypes one is Xmas tree shaped other is taller and straighter both are great.

It most certainly has that soaring sativa high. The main bud on it looks like a baseball bat, almost. The Attitude's site has a good description of it. I give it 10/10. They crossed Special Haze with Ruderalis stabilized and then added in a Medellin female to the mix. Yeah Sats. do take long to flower, there are some 8-9 week strains now, but that's what's great about this all sativa and finishes in 100 -120 days from sprouting. Automatics as you know will start flowering for females and this is only available feminized - which might make making some seeds a good idea by reversing one or a branch. You won't be disappointed. Easy to care for too as go into flower right away or after about 20 days I should say. You won't be sorry. I've found two Phenotypes one is Xmas tree shaped other is taller and straighter both are great.

Yeah I found it on the one website that is also listed on here (world-wide-seeds) I have always gotten my stuff from them since I can buy in singles and all and it look silk that strain is something vie been looking for! I will be getting a few this weekend and cant wait to grow them! Thanks for that info I'm sure its a strain I would not have even looked at before you mentioned it :)

Yeah I found it on the one website that is also listed on here (world-wide-seeds) I have always gotten my stuff from them since I can buy in singles and all and it look silk that strain is something vie been looking for! I will be getting a few this weekend and cant wait to grow them! Thanks for that info I'm sure its a strain I would not have even looked at before you mentioned it :)

Demon seeds is good for single seeds. But remember automatics won't clone so you might want to use some giberillic acid on part of one and make male flower, but make sure to wait until the buds have grown a bit don't do it when the first pistils show or it won't work. DON'T smoke any bud that has been sprayed! Not healthy for you. But one branch sprayed once a day for five days should give you a bunch. I'm getting ready to do that right now. You will love this stuff. Production will blow you away! All the sites have it.

Demon seeds is good for single seeds. But remember automatics won't clone so you might want to use some giberillic acid on part of one and make male flower, but make sure to wait until the buds have grown a bit don't do it when the first pistils show or it won't work. DON'T smoke any bud that has been sprayed! Not healthy for you. But one branch sprayed once a day for five days should give you a bunch. I'm getting ready to do that right now. You will love this stuff. Production will blow you away! All the sites have it.

Checked them out unfortunately they don't have a US converter and I'm not sure they ship to the US but they did have a good selection from what I saw. Guess I'm stuck with world wide seed (which is not a bad thing at all) i haven't seen many other places that sell to the US and have single seeds.

Also this is for anyone. I'm thinking of switching to a 400w HPS but i know nothing about the HPS and what goes into it. I saw some have a ballast and not sure what that is for or if its needed. I noticed a lot of people get much larger plants when using hps, I have only ever used CFL bulbs due to having limited space and Im not sure how much harder it would be to control the room temp with a larger bulb. Anyway if anyone has any good info let me know.

Time to put that cloner together buddy! I'll be around a little more, as I'm starting to get caught up. We'll get you taken care of in over the next few days...

Time to put that cloner together buddy! I'll be around a little more, as I'm starting to get caught up. We'll get you taken care of in over the next few days...

Sounds great bro can't wait!

Ok so here are some issues i've been noticing. On almost all the plants some of the leaves are turning black at the tips. Most notably on the raspberry cough plant and I am not sure what the issue is? There are not close enough to get burnt and its not nut burn. I had this my last grow and never figured out the issue and now its back..

Also not sure if this is good or bad, but the clones have started to flower themselves since I was not able to build the new light fixture in time. Will this hurt them if I then put them back under 18/6 lighting? But the good news is that raspberry even know he is small he is showing his sex if you don't know by now yes he is a male! so now I can attempt to breed the clones!

If anyone has any suggestions on the best and easiest way to breed the plants let me know! Thanks everyone.

Back
Top Bottom