Optimus PrimeBuds 2nd Indoor CFL Grow

I'll be posting some new photos tomorrow of the clines that are now flowering so you can better see what I am speaking of.

OP, Are you Tnoldon with a name change (or should I not ask?)?

What type of clones are they that are flowering? Any chance they're autoflowers?

Most plants will show their sex prior to bloom if they're vegged long enough, so they may not actually be in flower.

If they're in flower and you put them back under 18/6 it will take them time to revert back to veg (at least a few weeks), but they will revert back, unless they're autos, in which case you can give them as much light as you want and they're still gonna flower! :)

Checked them out unfortunately they don't have a US converter and I'm not sure they ship to the US but they did have a good selection from what I saw. Guess I'm stuck with world wide seed (which is not a bad thing at all) i haven't seen many other places that sell to the US and have single seeds.

Also this is for anyone. I'm thinking of switching to a 400w HPS but i know nothing about the HPS and what goes into it. I saw some have a ballast and not sure what that is for or if its needed. I noticed a lot of people get much larger plants when using hps, I have only ever used CFL bulbs due to having limited space and Im not sure how much harder it would be to control the room temp with a larger bulb. Anyway if anyone has any good info let me know.

Demon does ship to US. The Attitude has a pick and mix section for single seeds. As for demon not having a converter, go to www.xe.com and you can convert anything.

Re: the 400Watt HPS there are Super Agros, you can use Metal Halide until you put to flower then switch. Hortilux makes bulbs called super blue which have both in them. You will need a ballast as it powers your light. I recommend a 600 or 1000 watt switchable digital ballast. Unless your space is really tiny at least 600 watts is better and with a switchable ballast you can go down to 400 watts for vegging if you want and turn it up when into flower.

OP, Are you Tnoldon with a name change (or should I not ask?)?

What type of clones are they that are flowering? Any chance they're autoflowers?

Most plants will show their sex prior to bloom if they're vegged long enough, so they may not actually be in flower.

If they're in flower and you put them back under 18/6 it will take them time to revert back to veg (at least a few weeks), but they will revert back, unless they're autos, in which case you can give them as much light as you want and they're still gonna flower! :)

Hey Mr.Kip good to see you again! and yes it is me, I decided it would be best to use a different name, plus my new name (to me at least) is a bit more creative.

The clones came from 2 of my mother plants, 3 clones are California Orange Bud and one is Big Buddha none of which are auto flowering. The male is actually Raspberry Cough which I planted from seed so not sure why it skipped veg so quick I head they go at least 3 weeks before flowering.

They have been under 12/12 for 2 weeks or so and even know I know they would be female since the mother was, 2 clones actually are showing male and female parts (is that normal or did the male pollinate them already?)

It's good to know they will go back to the vegitative state. They are just to small to be useful. But another question is even thought raspberry cough is 6 inches tall and flowering. Can I still use him to pollenate some of my female plants? Or would this not be useful because he is to small? not sure if that would effect how the seeds turn out or if the seeds would be weak coming forma small male plant?

Demon does ship to US. The Attitude has a pick and mix section for single seeds. As for demon not having a converter, go to XE - The World's Favorite Currency and Foreign Exchange Site and you can convert anything.

Re: the 400Watt HPS there are Super Agros, you can use Metal Halide until you put to flower then switch. Hortilux makes bulbs called super blue which have both in them. You will need a ballast as it powers your light. I recommend a 600 or 1000 watt switchable digital ballast. Unless your space is really tiny at least 600 watts is better and with a switchable ballast you can go down to 400 watts for vegging if you want and turn it up when into flower.

Thanks for the info! I will have to check out demon seeds a bit more. I wasn't sure how it would work if im paying using a US card wasn't sure if they would except me or not.

Ok so with HPS you do not use a regular outlet like you would use for the CFL grows? Also do they make your plants actually grow larger then using just CFLs? I am still researching them they seem like it would work better then what I'm doing (not that CFLs are bad though :))

Thanks for the info! I will have to check out demon seeds a bit more. I wasn't sure how it would work if im paying using a US card wasn't sure if they would except me or not.

Ok so with HPS you do not use a regular outlet like you would use for the CFL grows? Also do they make your plants actually grow larger then using just CFLs? I am still researching them they seem like it would work better then what I'm doing (not that CFLs are bad though :))

No, a ballast is required to run your light. The ballast plugs into the power strip or outlet and another cord goes from ballast to reflector. You don't say how big a space you want to light, if you could it would be helpful. Digilux has a 600 Watt Dimmable (there's a knob on the back to go to 250, 400, or 29, plus another level brighter than the 200, but can't think what they call it. They even make a 600 Watt ballast that has two output cords so ultimately you could go to 1200 watts. Under$200 Hortilux Blue Daylight Super bulbs provide both metal halide and HPS in same bulb so no switching, but not cheap $250 for a 1000 watt, but you get two bulbs in one. I would imagine the 600 is a bit cheaper. I like the cool tubes for reflector as you can put fans on one or both ends to cool bulb and vent hot air along with ducting if needed:goodluck:. They are a bit over $100 for the longer one, but not as intrusive as the big ones, much easier to deal with. I have all of these and my production increased dramatically. As I said unless you are in a tiny closet go with more watts. HPS etc., bulbs provide more lumens, digilux is silent and efficient. I love the dimmable feature. More light more production. Years ago I used a system with 400 watt bulb and not the production I get with 600 and 1000 watt bulbs.

I'm sure I forgot something, but not sure. Oh I know, single seeds are cool as long as they are what they say they are and Demon has a good rep. as does The Attitude. I still recommend after finding some strains you like buy a 5 pack and look for the best mother, then flower out the rest.

Just a quick update since im busy today :) But I finally got some real nutes for once. I got FoxFarm Tiger Bloom and I hope this fixes some of the issues with my plants. Also this is my first time ever using real nutes so I am hoping nothing bad happens I am going to start at 1/2 strength and see how things go from there. If it seems like to much then I will back it down a bit.
nutes33.jpg

Ok guys I need your help once again. Raspberry Cough is getting sicker by the day and it is the only plant I have seen out of all of them to show any signs of begin sick. I am not sure what is going on and he is very young still. I have the images below of what I am seeing.

Most of the leaves are turning brown/yellow on the sides, but the oddest thing is that almost every tip INCLUDING new tops leaves are turning black. I have no idea what this is and have not ran into this type of problem before. It's even odder that i treat raspberry like the others and the others are fine.

top48.jpg

sickplant2.jpg

sickplant.jpg

blacktips2.jpg

blacktips.jpg

Just a quick update since im busy today :) But I finally got some real nutes for once. I got FoxFarm Tiger Bloom and I hope this fixes some of the issues with my plants. Also this is my first time ever using real nutes so I am hoping nothing bad happens I am going to start at 1/2 strength and see how things go from there. If it seems like to much then I will back it down a bit.
nutes33.jpg

I used to use all BC products, but have had a good deal of luck with Humboldts Oneness, which is an all in one nute so no mixing. I also use Carboload, Overdrive, and Big bud during flowering.

You still haven't mentioned how big a space you need to light.

I used to use all BC products, but have had a good deal of luck with Humboldts Oneness, which is an all in one nute so no mixing. I also use Carboload, Overdrive, and Big bud during flowering.

You still haven't mentioned how big a space you need to light.

Sounds like good stuff :) Sorry I advent gotten back to you quick enough Squeezeflo, the space is in a closet about 2.5 feet wide and 6 feet long..its a small space. I am planning on buying a grow tent soon though so space isn't a big issue.

Sounds like good stuff :) Sorry I advent gotten back to you quick enough Squeezeflo, the space is in a closet about 2.5 feet wide and 6 feet long..its a small space. I am planning on buying a grow tent soon though so space isn't a big issue.

In that case a dimmable 600 Watt ballast like a Lumatec would be perfect. You can dim to 200, 400, and then 600 and the really bright setting. You would have less heat problems in the closet or you'd have to come up with a way to vent it besides just fan. When you get the tent 600 watt would be good unless it's a huge tent. So you already have a 600 watt bulb(s) for the tent. The walls in the closet should be flat white or you can get some panda film to put up to brighten the closet more.

Hey OP!
First off, I cant remember what size pot your Raspberry cough is in, but for some reason I suspect this is an issue with your roots. Maybe he's root bound, or doesn't like the soil?
You may consider a good flush, slowly run 6-8 gallons of water through the soil. I've had an issue or two in the past that were helped greatly by flushing. I stuck a 4' NL in my kitchen sink and ran it for quite a while.
You may also be experiencing lockout, due to salts or, this strain may not like the PH?....
I'm far from an expert, but I would start with a flush, give it a few days and see how it goes. From there you can start your search for resolution, by process of elimination.
Also, here's a good place to start looking....Plant Abuse Chart

RE: The cloner....Imho, you may want to concentrate on getting these girls(and boy lol) through this grow before you start messing with the cloner. Aren't they all in flower now anyway? It's really kind of a waste to try to clone a plant while its in flower.....But it's up to you buddy, I'm here if you get bored and want to throw it together!

:goodluck: with the sickling, I'm betting you can get him to pull through. It'd be pretty cool to see you start breeding! I'm pretty interested in breeding lately myself. Talk to you soon...
-Q

OP, your raspberry cough looks, to me, like it may be a Phosphorous deficiency. Have you tested the runoff PH?

There's great info on diagnosing problem in this thread:

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

The pic of the P deficiency is here:

1134Phosphorus-deficiency1.jpg

I hope this helps & :goodluck:

In that case a dimmable 600 Watt ballast like a Lumatec would be perfect. You can dim to 200, 400, and then 600 and the really bright setting. You would have less heat problems in the closet or you'd have to come up with a way to vent it besides just fan. When you get the tent 600 watt would be good unless it's a huge tent. So you already have a 600 watt bulb(s) for the tent. The walls in the closet should be flat white or you can get some panda film to put up to brighten the closet more.

Ok sounds good to me. I looked around and found some prices for the ballest I think the cheapest I found was $150 with only 2 settings they are a bit pricy but I am sure they are worth it. I do have panda film already in the closet and around the plants to help bounce the light back at them.

Hey OP!
First off, I cant remember what size pot your Raspberry cough is in, but for some reason I suspect this is an issue with your roots. Maybe he's root bound, or doesn't like the soil?
You may consider a good flush, slowly run 6-8 gallons of water through the soil. I've had an issue or two in the past that were helped greatly by flushing. I stuck a 4' NL in my kitchen sink and ran it for quite a while.
You may also be experiencing lockout, due to salts or, this strain may not like the PH?....
I'm far from an expert, but I would start with a flush, give it a few days and see how it goes. From there you can start your search for resolution, by process of elimination.
Also, here's a good place to start looking....Plant Abuse Chart

RE: The cloner....Imho, you may want to concentrate on getting these girls(and boy lol) through this grow before you start messing with the cloner. Aren't they all in flower now anyway? It's really kind of a waste to try to clone a plant while its in flower.....But it's up to you buddy, I'm here if you get bored and want to throw it together!

:goodluck: with the sickling, I'm betting you can get him to pull through. It'd be pretty cool to see you start breeding! I'm pretty interested in breeding lately myself. Talk to you soon...
-Q

Thanks for the info bro! Yeah I might just hold off for a bit until I get to harvest and then start my new seeds I have some good ones I've been waiting to start...the one I really cant wait to get going is called Utopia Haze it sounds amazing!

Yeah that def sounds like what I happening. I was also told form someone else it could be because the plant is to big for the pot it is in, do you think that could be part of the issue? since the roots have no where to go right now?

OP, your raspberry cough looks, to me, like it may be a Phosphorous deficiency. Have you tested the runoff PH?

There's great info on diagnosing problem in this thread:

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

The pic of the P deficiency is here:

1134Phosphorus-deficiency1.jpg

I hope this helps & :goodluck:

Thanks bro! Yeah I've been reading up on this and I will hopefully be able to solve his issue! Thanks for the help! Also do you think with the plant being so large and the pot i is in begin so small it could be root lock?

Back
Top Bottom