Optimus PrimeBuds 2nd Indoor CFL Grow

check out the "how to" section in the "Grow room" up top... there is alot of good info on breeding and collecting pollen. ive collected it in many different ways from foil below the plant and simply letting it drop, to putting a bag over the bastard and shaking him.
pollen can be kept in a freezer for some time

Thanks for the information Shaggie! I'll be sure to visit that section of the forum and read up a ton!

Ok so no more talk, I finally set up a veg room with a large light fixture. I also started a new set of seeds including (Utopia Haze, Purple #1, (4) Bag seed) I will be keeping 1 California Orange Bud and 1 Big Buddha as a mother plant. The rest of the clones are staying in flowering. I am hoping that my Utopia Haze germinates, that is the one I am really looking forward to! and Purple #1 is a regular seed so hoping for a female and if not it'll be anther shot at breeding.

Also I am very much out of room and lights I have 2 CFLs set aside for the raspberry but both rooms that it could be in are impossible to get complete dark during the 12/12 dark phase. I would have to be in the new veg room (which is covered by panda film) that is mostly blocked off but some light gets through so will this stop the flowering in the male?

New Veg Room(small fan coming soon):
photo-116.JPG

Seeds in germination:
photo99.JPG

Ok so here is another picture update of some of the buds forming. They are from Cali and Diesel only. Buddha is just a slow grower due to being just about 100% sativa I expected it to be a slow process. I also have a shot of the crappy raspberry cough placement, but hey as long as I get some pollen great and if not...I could care less at the moment since I have clones anyway.

Cali Orange:
cali_bud1.jpg

cali_bud2.jpg

Diesel:
diesel_bud21.jpg

diesel_bud.jpg

Raspberry Setup:
raspberry.png

Lookin good buddy! To be honest with you though, I wouldnt waste the watts on the male, you only need one low watt cfl to keep him alive. give him 12/12 and he'll give you pollen within a few weeks most likely....

Lookin good buddy! To be honest with you though, I wouldnt waste the watts on the male, you only need one low watt cfl to keep him alive. give him 12/12 and he'll give you pollen within a few weeks most likely....

Thanks bro!:high-five: Alright sounds good I'll remove one of the CFLs. I mean again the area he is in is NOT light proof at all its very dim but not fully dark while the veg lights are one, so I am not sure how this will effect the male.

Thanks bro!:high-five: Alright sounds good I'll remove one of the CFLs. I mean again the area he is in is NOT light proof at all its very dim but not fully dark while the veg lights are one, so I am not sure how this will effect the male.

I'm not sure of any adverse effects a light leak may have on a male. All most people worry about is getting a male, or getting male flowers on a female (hermaphrodite)
Whats the worst that can happen? He gets mad and makes pollen!? Lol, I really dont know about raising healthy males though bro....I guess, the worst case scenario may be that he WONT produce pollen, or that the pollen he does make could produce weakling seeds???? I seriously doubt either of those scenarios, though, as the male is the survival mechanisim for cannabis, and my guess would be, that no matter what you do to him, he's gonna make pollen, and do his best to ensure the survival of the species......

light leaks dont matter with a male plant.... as long as it has its basic 12/12 your golden.... you dont even need 12 hours of light your could go to 8/16 if u want to.... remember your "Flowering hormones" will be triggered by the dark... not the light....
thats why when we flower it is Very important to have complete darkness during night... any interruption taking it away from a 12/12 setting can cause its hormones to freak out, confusing it in to herming....

light leaks dont matter with a male plant.... as long as it has its basic 12/12 your golden.... you dont even need 12 hours of light your could go to 8/16 if u want to.... remember your "Flowering hormones" will be triggered by the dark... not the light....
thats why when we flower it is Very important to have complete darkness during night... any interruption taking it away from a 12/12 setting can cause its hormones to freak out, confusing it in to herming....

Good to know! Yeah he isnt in the best conditions but since it's a male I guess it doesnt matter so much. His light schedule is close to 12/12 maybe off an hour or so sometimes since its not on a timer and I forget sometimes. I did notice some flower looking things opening up I'm guessing this is where all the pollen is going to be.

Ok so some quick news. You know that I had Utopia and Purple germinating...Well in only one day it must have been prime conditions. Because when I went to check on them to get ready to plant them. They were already out of there shell and have a first set of baby leaves on them. Needless to say I was worried that when I buried them bad things would happen, plus the roots were very long on both.

Anyway I check in on them today and they both broke the surface! They are looking good and I hope they best for them.

Good news bro! Congrats on the sproutlings!....But, where are you going to put them?

Thanks :) I actually have a total of 6 light fixtures now and plenty of room for the new comers.

Ok so some bad news and I need some help (if the clone even makes it) So my what was very healthy Cali Orange clone and my only clone of cali left in veg...is very, very sick and practically dead...I have no idea what happened.

It does seems a little bit warmer under the veg lights but the other clone is fine. I have also been feeding them with Big Bloom but the same for the other clone and its fine also.

The leaves are very crispy and brittle to the touch. They crumble in your hand. The bottom stem is dark purple but the top have is a light green showing new growth. I am confused as to what has happened. I do not know if it was to close to the lgith even no its the same height as the others and they are all fine. Or maybe the big bloom caused an issue?

Any have an idea what happened? I mean she is still alive i guess, but I have not seen a plant in this condition and make it out a live. So if it doesn't make it, I hope I can learn what happened to avoid disaster with the rest.

Also this could be unrelated, but the male raspberry cough plant almost looks the same but not as bad of condition, not sure if they both have the same problem or not, the male never looked good from the start though.

Cali Clone (not looking to good):
clone39.jpg

Well guys, it may be the end for this cali clone :( She looks very bad right now and not showing and signs of recovering. I tried flushing her incase is nute burn and I moved it away from the light. I'll give it another 2-3 days max then if I must i'll get rid of her. It's sad because my other cali clones are to far into flowerig for me to just put them back in veg

Ok so it went from bad to worse.... the cali clone leaves were so crispy I had to take them ALL off they were wasted energy and I doubt they were helping. I did notice that there was some new growth it seemed like there were new branches coming out they are small..but it's hope at least. I'll try and post some pictures later tonight or tomorrow.

Wow bro so sorry to hear about the clones! I'm not really sure what it could be, without some more info. Whats your RH sitting at on average?

Yeah it does suck bro lets see what info I can provide.

lights: 4 CFLs 100w
Lights sit about 4 inches above plant
RH: now I sound dumb, does this have to do with room temp?
soil: FFOF
nutes: Big Bloom 3tsp a gallon pH 6.4
I water when they feel light normally every 2-3 days, I also mist every other day

Some of the leaves where starting to point up towards the light the day before they turned brown/black

Thats all I can think of to provide right now. The odd thing is all the other clones were treated the same, had the same feeding schedule and same distance from the light, some did get burnt tips but that was the worst of it.

Hmmmmm.....

RH stands for Relative Humitidy. It is a measure of the humidity in the air, in relation to the temperature. You can get a pretty cheap hygrometer at home de pot that measures temp, and RH, I payed 10 bucks for a digital one.

But if the other clones are under the same exact conditions, with no problems, then I wouldnt guess your RH is the problem. You may need to do a search, or look in the Problems, Pests & Disease Control - 420 Magazine section here, maybe post your broblem there to see if anyone has some better input than I do. Sorry I couldnt be more help!!:goodluck:

Hmmmmm.....

RH stands for Relative Humitidy. It is a measure of the humidity in the air, in relation to the temperature. You can get a pretty cheap hygrometer at home de pot that measures temp, and RH, I payed 10 bucks for a digital one.

But if the other clones are under the same exact conditions, with no problems, then I wouldnt guess your RH is the problem. You may need to do a search, or look in the Problems, Pests & Disease Control - 420 Magazine section here, maybe post your broblem there to see if anyone has some better input than I do. Sorry I couldnt be more help!!:goodluck:

Hmmm yeah I'll have to go out and get one of those. I will also be getting another fan so the air doesn't get stale. Looked around there for a while and couldn't find anything that was what I was experiencing. I saw some things that were close though.

Ok everyone so a long awaited update with PICTURES! First of some bad news, 2 of my plants didnt make it. The Raspberry cough, which to me seemed like a cheap seed to begin with and it was a crappy plant anyway, so maybe my purple #1 will be make and I'll have another chance and breeding. Second plant to pass would be my Cali clone, I have no idea what happened to her but she burnt up like a crisp for no reason, all the clones were under the same condition and the Cali clone was the only one to have this issue.

Ok time for some pics!

Cali Orange:
cali37.jpg

Cali Clone 1:
cali2Clone.jpg

cali2Clone2.jpg

Cali Clone 2:
caliClone.jpg

caliClone2.jpg

Cali Buds:
caliBud4.jpg

Diesel: