Optimus PrimeBuds 2nd Indoor CFL Grow

Nice pics bro, damn nice. What are you using to take pics with. I need to stop using my phone.

Oh yea how far in are you. I think our grows are about the same I will keep an eye on this. I am also doing CFL.

Hey bro glad to see you join the grow! I am using a Nikon D80 and since it died a day ago I am also using an iPhone 4 HD lol.

I am about 2 months 1 week into my grow just switched to flowering about 2 weeks ago now. I am interested in checking out your grown and infect I'll be checking it out as soon as I post this :)

Take it easy bro, hope to see ya from time to time

Sounds great bro can't wait!

Ok so here are some issues i've been noticing. On almost all the plants some of the leaves are turning black at the tips. Most notably on the raspberry cough plant and I am not sure what the issue is? There are not close enough to get burnt and its not nut burn. I had this my last grow and never figured out the issue and now its back..

Also not sure if this is good or bad, but the clones have started to flower themselves since I was not able to build the new light fixture in time. Will this hurt them if I then put them back under 18/6 lighting? But the good news is that raspberry even know he is small he is showing his sex if you don't know by now yes he is a male! so now I can attempt to breed the clones!

If anyone has any suggestions on the best and easiest way to breed the plants let me know! Thanks everyone.

Thanks for the info bro! Yeah I might just hold off for a bit until I get to harvest and then start my new seeds I have some good ones I've been waiting to start...the one I really cant wait to get going is called Utopia Haze it sounds amazing!

Yeah that def sounds like what I happening. I was also told form someone else it could be because the plant is to big for the pot it is in, do you think that could be part of the issue? since the roots have no where to go right now?

It sure won't help things buddy! root bound plants are never very happy, and quite often very sick sooo...I'm not too sure if being root bound can actually cause deficiencies, as much as just stunt and stress them... I think mr Krip may have a better idea of what is happening, and I agree that it looks a lot like a P def. But What size pot is it in, and how big is the plant?

It sure won't help things buddy! root bound plants are never very happy, and quite often very sick sooo...I'm not too sure if being root bound can actually cause deficiencies, as much as just stunt and stress them... I think mr Krip may have a better idea of what is happening, and I agree that it looks a lot like a P def. But What size pot is it in, and how big is the plant?

Oh yeah I never meant it as that was the problem lol I def believe what you guys are saying about the P def. He is in a beer cup lol I know for a fact he needs to be transplanted...but since I went all clone happy I ran out of room and lights... but hey i learned how to clone at least :)

Also since I cant guess at measuring and have been saying 6inches I am wrong...its more like 11inches.

Oh yeah I never meant it as that was the problem lol I def believe what you guys are saying about the P def. He is in a beer cup lol I know for a fact he needs to be transplanted...but since I went all clone happy I ran out of room and lights... but hey i learned how to clone at least :)

Also since I cant guess at measuring and have been saying 6inches I am wrong...its more like 11inches.

UUUUGGHHHH!!! Welp, there's at least one major problem bro!! I believe the standard is around 1 gallon for every foot of plant, although its not ridgid. You REALLY need to get that thing transplanted asap bud. I'd love to see you get that pollen and try some breeding.

I agree, if the plant is, or may be root bound, the first step will be to transplant to a larger container. If the plant is root bound, it can cause all kinds of other issues including the ability to adquately uptake nutes (hence, possible deficiencies!).

FYI, it's my understanding that a root bound plant will start yellowing at the bottom of the plant and work it's way up.

UUUUGGHHHH!!! Welp, there's at least one major problem bro!! I believe the standard is around 1 gallon for every foot of plant, although its not ridgid. You REALLY need to get that thing transplanted asap bud. I'd love to see you get that pollen and try some breeding.

Yeah I know :( I will be transplanting today...man I wish I didn't clone so many plants it was cool but I just don't have the room so know with transplanting today I might not have room for the others to be directly under the light. I didn't get to build the other light fixture again...mainly because I am the most unhandy person there is, but I can work on computers all day long lol.

Hi Optimus goodlooking girls, I'm subed for this grow. keep the pics coming. Also by switching to hps for flowering is a great idea as far as yield is concerned as long as you don't have heat issues. Last but not least the sick one might be rootbound and just needs some room imho.:goodluck::Namaste:

Hi there Akaman glad of you to join the grow! :welcome:Looks like you joined during my sick raspberry cough faze lol, But I will be solving this issue shortly and don't worry I love taking pictures and trying to get something unique so there will be plenty to come (most likely today from th transplant)

I agree, if the plant is, or may be root bound, the first step will be to transplant to a larger container. If the plant is root bound, it can cause all kinds of other issues including the ability to adquately uptake nutes (hence, possible deficiencies!).

FYI, it's my understanding that a root bound plant will start yellowing at the bottom of the plant and work it's way up.

Ok so I will transplant today and try and solve one issue. Hoe long until the plant recovers and is able to uptake nuts again? I have some Tiger bloom could I maybe feed it with a very light sprinkle of nute water and see if that helps? Or should I wait and see what the transplant does?

Ok so I made the transplant today, I had transplanted the sick raspberry cough and the larger Cali clone, I have had a hard time finding room but I have made it work for now. Anyway I have a few pictures below of how the overall grow is looking.

Raspberry Transplant:
raspberry22.jpg

raspberry4.jpg

Cali Clone Transplant:
cali_cloneTop.jpg

cali_clone1.jpg

Cali Orange:
cali36.jpg

Diesel & Buds:
diesel43.jpg

d_bud2.jpg

d_bud1.jpg

Buddha:
buddha34.jpg

Group:
group82.jpg

Well good job on the transplant there bud! Everything else looks good too!
In my opinion, you will be better off if you just let the RC just sit for a few, and get used to his new pot. Remember, there are goodies in fresh soil, and you could probablty go 2 weeks or more without feeding. And to be honest with you, since he is a male, and the production you're after is different than with the females, I wouldnt even worry about feeding him. The FF Tiger Bloom, as well as any other fert used for cannabis flower production, is designed for plants that are growing a completely different type of flower. In other words, I would just let him go au natural. The only thing I would even really watch for is cal/mag deficiencies, which is fairly cheap to suppliment in the amounts you'll need. Don't waste your 18 dollar bloom nutes on a male. Just stick him somewhere with window light, or maybe 2 cfls or something. Don't keep him with your girls if you can help it, I can tell you right now, he'll surprise you with banannas(male flowers) and will have polinated all your girls, before you know it.

Well good job on the transplant there bud! Everything else looks good too!
In my opinion, you will be better off if you just let the RC just sit for a few, and get used to his new pot. Remember, there are goodies in fresh soil, and you could probablty go 2 weeks or more without feeding. And to be honest with you, since he is a male, and the production you're after is different than with the females, I wouldnt even worry about feeding him. The FF Tiger Bloom, as well as any other fert used for cannabis flower production, is designed for plants that are growing a completely different type of flower. In other words, I would just let him go au natural. The only thing I would even really watch for is cal/mag deficiencies, which is fairly cheap to suppliment in the amounts you'll need. Don't waste your 18 dollar bloom nutes on a male. Just stick him somewhere with window light, or maybe 2 cfls or something. Don't keep him with your girls if you can help it, I can tell you right now, he'll surprise you with banannas(male flowers) and will have polinated all your girls, before you know it.

Thanks bro :) Yeah I will give him a week and see if there is any improvement at all, Im sure with more room he will be happier. I still have no room to actually move him how long does it take before they start to produce pollen? I am hoping this week I will get him moved.

Thanks bro :) Yeah I will give him a week and see if there is any improvement at all, Im sure with more room he will be happier. I still have no room to actually move him how long does it take before they start to produce pollen? I am hoping this week I will get him moved.

Well, I'm sure to some degree it depends on the strain, and my experience with this is limited. My females that popped nuts and pollinated, had done so inside of week 5 of flower. So I would immagine that somewhere between 3 and 6 weeks. But I wouldn't give him that long. I would separate him now just to be safe.

Ok so a great update. All the plants are doing well, raspberry is still very sick but I'm not worried about it honestly. And the best news is I made two other light fixtures with a friend, so now I have 4 fixtures and I have 3 set up at the moment I'll set the other one up this weekend. I'll try posting pictures later if I have time.

Alright so here are the pictures of the new setup. I am pretty happy with it and will be happier having the right set up and then 2 more to come from there! Anyway I have raspberry with the other plants by the fan hoping to pollinate some of the plants I know its not producing pollen just yet and ill put it with the other light fixture when its set up and then hope I can control who gets pollenated.

Raspberry as you can see is honestly not doing well and getting sicker each day and I do not know why, but all I need is for him to make some pollen and then i could care less what happens since Ill get no bud form him. Ok enough of my ramblings here are the pics!

New setup:
newsetup31.jpg

newsetup4.jpg

newsetup23.jpg

Shit dude you got a bette rsetup than me now! lol, but im tellin you, you want to get that rooster outa the hen house now, look at all those nuts! I promise you, you'll get up to make a damn sandwitch, come back and see yellow dust everywhere. And with ANY air movement at all, you'll have pollinated the WHOLE crop. I wasn't joking about any of that. If you dont want A SHIT LOAD of seeds, then separate him NOW, then COLLECT pollen, in a controlled environment,(a different room) then dust just a few lower branches of the ones you want seeds from....Do it now!....

Cannabis pollen is very fine, and light, and will "ride the thermals" in your environment...(Float in the warm air) and WILL make it to ALL of your plants....Just saying....

i agree with Q... unless you want a straight seed harvest and little viable smoke separate them now.... theirs even a good chance you have already pollinated some of the closer... as even if they dont look open they can still begin to dump pollen.
collect the pollen in a different room and pollinate with a feather.... i pollinate in the 4th week of flowering when i seed my plants.

Shit dude you got a bette rsetup than me now! lol, but im tellin you, you want to get that rooster outa the hen house now, look at all those nuts! I promise you, you'll get up to make a damn sandwitch, come back and see yellow dust everywhere. And with ANY air movement at all, you'll have pollinated the WHOLE crop. I wasn't joking about any of that. If you dont want A SHIT LOAD of seeds, then separate him NOW, then COLLECT pollen, in a controlled environment,(a different room) then dust just a few lower branches of the ones you want seeds from....Do it now!....

Haha thanks I just used a DIY CFL light fixture which is super easy to make and started making a ton of fixtures so hopefully I wont run out of room and light this next time round.

Cannabis pollen is very fine, and light, and will "ride the thermals" in your environment...(Float in the warm air) and WILL make it to ALL of your plants....Just saying....

i agree with Q... unless you want a straight seed harvest and little viable smoke separate them now.... theirs even a good chance you have already pollinated some of the closer... as even if they dont look open they can still begin to dump pollen.
collect the pollen in a different room and pollinate with a feather.... i pollinate in the 4th week of flowering when i seed my plants.

Ok move the raspberry got it :) I'll have him moved tonight in a different room I'll have to get another light for just him then since the others are going back to veg.

Hope I didn't do to much damage.

a single cfl will work for your male plant... it wont need alot of light to produce.
how come your going back to veg? id say keep them in flower and get your next round started!

a single cfl will work for your male plant... it wont need alot of light to produce.
how come your going back to veg? id say keep them in flower and get your next round started!

Thanks for the info! good thing I didn't waste a whole light fixture on him that would he been a huge waste. I moved him to a different area far away from the others. But when will I know to collect the pollen? Are there signs I should look for and then how do I collect it and pollenate the other plants?

check out the "how to" section in the "Grow room" up top... there is alot of good info on breeding and collecting pollen. ive collected it in many different ways from foil below the plant and simply letting it drop, to putting a bag over the bastard and shaking him.
pollen can be kept in a freezer for some time

Back
Top Bottom