Optimus PrimeBuds 2nd Indoor CFL Grow

Dude if I'm not mistaken, the big bloom is more of a soil builder than a full strength fert, you may want to get the grow big, thats what I use, and you need the nitrogen....This is from the FF web site...

Big Bloom™ Liquid Plant Food (0.01-0.3-0.7)
Natural and Organic Blossom Builder
This odorless, liquid fertilizer is a live culture of vitamins, amino acids, natural growth hormones, enzymes, and beneficial organic microbes. Our special, micro-brewed formula incorporates earthworm castings, bat guano and other high test organic ingredients that offer a full, balanced range of nutrients. Norwegian kelp improves nutrient uptake and increases yields. Rock phosphate helps transfer energy from one part of the plant to another, which means bigger buds and more fragrant flowers.

Grow Big® Liquid Plant Food (6-4-4)
Extra Strength Grow Power with Micronutrients
Get your garden going with Grow Big®, our fast-acting, water-soluble fertilizer for lush, vegetative, compact growth. Use Grow Big® early in the season when young plants need an extra boost. We add earthworm castings and Norwegian kelp into this special brew to encourage sturdier, healthier stems and leaves, but we also provide enough nutrients and trace minerals to create the kind of healthy branching that you’ll need later in the season for more abundant buds and blooms.

You definitely need some nutrients, get the grow big, and feed at 1 tbs for your first feeding, then 2 tbs twice a week after that. I promise you dont need to do all that 1/4 and 1/2 dosage crap....I just fed at 3 tbsp 2 days ago ant theyre doing great....

Sorry^^Didnt mean to post the powder version but you get the idea, same N-P-K

Dude if I'm not mistaken, the big bloom is more of a soil builder than a full strength fert, you may want to get the grow big, thats what I use, and you need the nitrogen....This is from the FF web site...

Big Bloom Liquid Plant Food (0.01-0.3-0.7)
Natural and Organic Blossom Builder
This odorless, liquid fertilizer is a live culture of vitamins, amino acids, natural growth hormones, enzymes, and beneficial organic microbes. Our special, micro-brewed formula incorporates earthworm castings, bat guano and other high test organic ingredients that offer a full, balanced range of nutrients. Norwegian kelp improves nutrient uptake and increases yields. Rock phosphate helps transfer energy from one part of the plant to another, which means bigger buds and more fragrant flowers.

Grow Big® Liquid Plant Food (6-4-4)
Extra Strength Grow Power with Micronutrients
Get your garden going with Grow Big®, our fast-acting, water-soluble fertilizer for lush, vegetative, compact growth. Use Grow Big® early in the season when young plants need an extra boost. We add earthworm castings and Norwegian kelp into this special brew to encourage sturdier, healthier stems and leaves, but we also provide enough nutrients and trace minerals to create the kind of healthy branching that you'll need later in the season for more abundant buds and blooms.

You definitely need some nutrients, get the grow big, and feed at 1 tbs for your first feeding, then 2 tbs twice a week after that. I promise you dont need to do all that 1/4 and 1/2 dosage crap....I just fed at 3 tbsp 2 days ago ant theyre doing great....

Sorry^^Didnt mean to post the powder version but you get the idea, same N-P-K

Thanks for the info Quixilvir!! That really helps..wow when I think I had things going right I wasn't even using real nutrients lol shows what a noob I still am. So can I go full strength with the Big Bloom?

I will head to the hydro store this weekend and pic up some Grow Big and go by the feeding you suggested. So maybe my plants are just not getting the nutes they need and thats why they are looking poor right now. Well now I got some good info from you and everyone else and hopefully i'll be back on schedule and I will be putting into harvest this weekend, so will that make the feeding schedule change at all?

Also lastly when should I notice some root growth in my clones?

Thanks for the info Quixilvir!! That really helps..wow when I think I had things going right I wasn't even using real nutrients lol shows what a noob I still am. So can I go full strength with the Big Bloom?

I will head to the hydro store this weekend and pic up some Grow Big and go by the feeding you suggested. So maybe my plants are just not getting the nutes they need and thats why they are looking poor right now. Well now I got some good info from you and everyone else and hopefully i'll be back on schedule and I will be putting into harvest this weekend, so will that make the feeding schedule change at all?

Also lastly when should I notice some root growth in my clones?

Hey no worries my friend, and remember I'm still "geen" as they say, at this whole thing too. I just happened to know the FF nutes because I use them. But I dont have the Big Bloom.
Speaking of the BB, Yes, it is my understanding that you can use the big bloom full strength with every feeding; However, I would definitely read up on it here, or goo-gle it, to get a better idea of how it works, just for GP....

As for feeding schedules, again I'm not the person to ask. For one I'm only on my second grow, and 2nd, I dont go by any schedule. I just water when they're dry, (leaves a little droopy) and add nutes when I feel they're hungry (roughly twice a week, but not strictly.)
BTW, did you mean putting them into FLOWER instead of harvest this week? If you're switching the lights to 12/12 this week you might as well pick up the Tiger Bloom too, which is the FF bloom fert....And I would give them around another week to take up some of the N from the Grow big, and ease the stress they're under. You know, kind of a recovery period before you tell them its time to produce other hormones for fruit....Or something like that.
Dude I'm in no way telling you that any of this info is proper, just what I would do.
I've never killed a plant, and have had a decent past harvest. I listen to the plants. I read, a lot. But I still have lots to learn. I need to spend less time on the forums bullshitting with my buddys,(I dont mean you) and more time reading about the science of growing. So again, I am by no means an expert, and you should verify anything you read with other sources, including what I've told you....

As for your clones, it can be anywhere from now, up to 21 days or so. I have no experience with doing it the way you are, but I would think you should be seeing SOME roots within the next 7-10 days. If not, I would toss them, as they're just taking up light and space and stressing me out. Then, I would build a cheap ass Bubble cloner like I did, and try again(that is if you're not already in flower with the moms...)

Start reading threads like this Plant Abuse Chart to better familiarize yourself with how the plants work. It'll give you confidence, and knowledge so you're not so worried when things get funny!

Start reading threads like this Plant Abuse Chart to better familiarize yourself with how the plants work. It'll give you confidence, and knowledge so you're not so worried when things get funny!

This might help ya out a little as well, I know it saved my butt a few times :goodluck:

Cannabis_Nutrient_And_Deficiency_Table1.JPG

TN
jumping back in here again lol
so Big bloom i use as well... but like the others said it is an additive for flowering....
i would get the grow big and tiger bloom... and because your close to switching i would go half strength on the GB and Half on the TB. the reason i say this is because your plants dont look like they are starving for N..... go ahead and feed the GB till about the 2nd week in flowering before u take it out of the equation...
when you take the GB out of it add the BB back in...
you will use the TB and BB throughout the flowering proses
i hope that helps with the clarification.
as for the scheduled... every one is different.... i myself am on a feed, feed, feed, Microorganism feed, kelp feed, feeding four to five times a week on a wet to dry watering.
i will flush the last week. the reason i dont feed with just water during is because the Mycro's help to use up the salts and extra nutrients in the soil so they are taken up by the roots creating there to be less to flush out.

Hey guys thanks for the info I have put it to good use! Sorry I haven't been on here much my grandfather has been very sick and I have just had other priorities at the moment. ANyway I will be updating with some pictures soon.

Some info on the clones...splitting the end of them was a bad idea..made them take way to long to start developing roots. I have 3 left (all Cali Orange) the rest have slowly died, I did check them and saw very small roots coming out but not sure what the issue was. Anyway I made some new clones using a different method and it seems to be working out just fine as of now. But still not seeing any roots through the rockwhool. Hoping my new clones who are 5 days old do better then my last bunch.

As far as the older plants, I have yet to put them into flower because they share the same light as the clones I am working now on a new light fixture just waiting for 1 piece. Anyway here is the breakdown below.

Cali Orange: Doing very well. Lots and lots of branches making it great for experimenting with clones. Seems to be healthy.

Diesel: Very large plant extremely bushy not as many branches. It is an auto flowering plant but I have seen no signs of it starting to flower at all. Not sure if its the light schedule I was told that doesn't matter so much, but I'm new to auto flowering plants.

Buddha: Doing ok, still small has had a lot of little issues and lots of dying leaves. Hasn't shown much progress as far as getting bigger in about a week now. Overall she is doing ok and I cant wait for her to flower.

Raspberry Cough: Looking good. very weak stem because not directly in the air circulation but moved her today. Actually hoping this one is a male so I can breed the clones.

Will post pictures later tonight!

Ok its been a while but here they are, the pictures!!

Clones:
clones74.jpg

Cali Orange:
cali217.jpg

cali34.jpg

Diesel:
diesel214.jpg

diesel39.jpg

Raspberry Cough:
raspberry2.jpg

raspberry.jpg

Group:
group79.jpg

Hey guys thanks for the info I have put it to good use! Sorry I haven't been on here much my grandfather has been very sick and I have just had other priorities at the moment. ANyway I will be updating with some pictures soon.

Some info on the clones...splitting the end of them was a bad idea..made them take way to long to start developing roots. I have 3 left (all Cali Orange) the rest have slowly died, I did check them and saw very small roots coming out but not sure what the issue was. Anyway I made some new clones using a different method and it seems to be working out just fine as of now. But still not seeing any roots through the rockwhool. Hoping my new clones who are 5 days old do better then my last bunch.

As far as the older plants, I have yet to put them into flower because they share the same light as the clones I am working now on a new light fixture just waiting for 1 piece. Anyway here is the breakdown below.

Cali Orange: Doing very well. Lots and lots of branches making it great for experimenting with clones. Seems to be healthy.

Diesel: Very large plant extremely bushy not as many branches. It is an auto flowering plant but I have seen no signs of it starting to flower at all. Not sure if its the light schedule I was told that doesn't matter so much, but I'm new to auto flowering plants.

Buddha: Doing ok, still small has had a lot of little issues and lots of dying leaves. Hasn't shown much progress as far as getting bigger in about a week now. Overall she is doing ok and I cant wait for her to flower.

Raspberry Cough: Looking good. very weak stem because not directly in the air circulation but moved her today. Actually hoping this one is a male so I can breed the clones.

Will post pictures later tonight!

Hey buddy, very sorry to hear about your Grandfather, thats always hard. My thoughts and prayers are out to you and yours tonight....

Also sorry to hear about your clones, I know you were excited to get them going. Tell you what, sometime in the future, I'd like to do an experiment with you, if you want, here's what I'm thinking....

I have been wondering if what I did, and succeeded with, was just luck, or strain vigor. If you're game, I'd like to give you the rundown on exactly what I did, (and it's pretty cheap)
I think everything for my cloner can be purchased for 30 dollars or less. I'd be more than happy to walk you through the setup (very easy) and we'll see if we can get you some clones going. Just let me know brother. I'm sure it's getting close to flower time for the current ladies, but if you wanted to start veggin some freshies up right before harvest, you could have afew mothers going, and we could practice the bubble cloner within a few weeks after harvest. Could even start building it now, or collecting the few pieces you need for it anyway, and it would be ready to ride when the time comes. Just a thought bro.:Namaste:

Wishing the best for your grandfather - and your clones.

Hey buddy, very sorry to hear about your Grandfather, thats always hard. My thoughts and prayers are out to you and yours tonight....

Also sorry to hear about your clones, I know you were excited to get them going. Tell you what, sometime in the future, I'd like to do an experiment with you, if you want, here's what I'm thinking....

I have been wondering if what I did, and succeeded with, was just luck, or strain vigor. If you're game, I'd like to give you the rundown on exactly what I did, (and it's pretty cheap)
I think everything for my cloner can be purchased for 30 dollars or less. I'd be more than happy to walk you through the setup (very easy) and we'll see if we can get you some clones going. Just let me know brother. I'm sure it's getting close to flower time for the current ladies, but if you wanted to start veggin some freshies up right before harvest, you could have afew mothers going, and we could practice the bubble cloner within a few weeks after harvest. Could even start building it now, or collecting the few pieces you need for it anyway, and it would be ready to ride when the time comes. Just a thought bro.:Namaste:

Thank you Quixilvir means a lot you would help pray for him he really needs it right now.

Bro that sounds great!! I would really love the help and you have already been extremely helpful throughout this grow :) It would def be a great idea to get a few more clones going before my girls go into flowering. that way I can make a few mothers with my others go to harvest. And I also hope I can breed a few (really hoping I have all females and one male lol)

I would be ready anytime to start gathering the items I need to make the cloner :) Thanks again for all the help!! This is alcove as I can get to high fiveing you haha :high-five:

Wishing the best for your grandfather - and your clones.

Dude thank you, I am hoping everything goes well, more for my grandfather then my clones at this time.

So some good news finally!!! I got roots in one of the clones!!! All the clones are Cali Orange now there were no Buddha survivors.

My question is, when do I plant my clone in soil? Should I do it asap since the roots are hanging out? And Also can I expect this clone to get as big as its mother, since it was a very small cutting?

Clone showing roots!
clones313.jpg

clones75.jpg

clones216.jpg

Same my friend best of wishes to you and yours, hope everything goes well.

I think you have the same BCN Diesell as me? If so mine did not auto until day 42 from when it sprouted.

:peacetwo:

Thank you Dekon it means a lot to read and see so much love and support.

Yeah I believe we do have the same plant. Mine is now at day 55 days old and no signs of flowering at all...maybe it isn't an auto flower or maybe the lgith schedule is messing with it im not to sure?

I'd say yep you could go ahead and put them in soil. I wouldn't give them a lot of water after cause you want those roots to stretch out and look for water. As far as how big they will get is only as how long you want to veg them before sticking them into flower.

Congrats on the clones :) :high-five:

I'd say yep you could go ahead and put them in soil. I wouldn't give them a lot of water after cause you want those roots to stretch out and look for water. As far as how big they will get is only as how long you want to veg them before sticking them into flower.

Congrats on the clones :) :high-five:

Thanks for the info Dekon!! I will put them in soil first thing tomorrow!! Oh ok so the size is still determined by the veg time... can you tell i'm new to cloning lol I will be putting them in a separate room to veg while the other plants go into flower

I know mine had me scratching my head for a while cause it's def not like any of the other autos I've read about. I contacted them like a week or so ago and this is what they sent me.

For the best results, we recommend growing these plants outdoors, since the whole process may take up to three and a half months. They are not like the 60-70 day self-flowering varieties, but over 100 days, to assure the highest yield and optimal psychoactive content, as well as the best flavour and smell.

So I'm not to sure, the seed banks site says best light schedule for them is 18/6 or 14/10.

:peacetwo:

Yep I agree with D, you can definitely go into soil with roots like that, What kind of soil are you transplanting into?...Oh and I'll put together a list of items to get you started on the cloner, just give me a few to do it, I'm super busy this weekend, getting ready for a road trip and week vaca to cali....I get it together for you over the next few days bro....

Back
Top Bottom