Organic Amare LED Grow

UVB
Cannabinoids
Pate [95] cites older literature suggesting that UV-B radiation promotes cannaboid production in Cannabis and also speculates about cannaboid evolution. Plots of estimated UV-B exposure in different growth places shows an increase in Δ9- tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC) with exposure, but a decrease in cannabidiol. Lydon [96] and Lydon et al.[97] found that in both leaf and floral tissues the concentration of Δ9-THC but not of other cannabinoids increased linearly with UV-B exposure in drug-type Cannabis sativa plants (Fig. 7), but not in fiber- type plants of the same species. Nowadays many sites on the Internet show that the dependency of cannabinol accumula- tion on UV-B radiation is common knowledge among private entrepreneurs in the drug industry. The biosynthetic pathway of cannabinoid synthesis is shown in Fig. 8.
It is not known which enzyme or enzymes for Δ9- tetrahydrocannabinol biosynthesis are induced or stimulated by UV-B radiation, but one can speculate. The gene for poly- ketide synthase catalyzing the synthesis of olivetolic acid possesses strong sequence homology with chalcone synthase and may have evolved from this. Chalcone synthase is one of the classic UV-B-regulated enzymes.

Idk where I was going with this lol
Uvb is a good thing in ur garden hahaha

My neighbor gave me tons of horse manure, this is just one pile lol
420-magazine-mobile517094293.jpg

Lucky!! That horse manure looks well aged, dried and perfect. Wish I had a neighbor like that.

Nice dandelion harvest and worms too.
Very lucky! Lol, making a larger vermicomposting bin in a 45gal tote. Starting it off with 5gals of each; EWC, Horse manure, & Dandelions.
420-magazine-mobile349704053.jpg

UVB
Cannabinoids
Pate [95] cites older literature suggesting that UV-B radiation promotes cannaboid production in Cannabis and also speculates about cannaboid evolution. Plots of estimated UV-B exposure in different growth places shows an increase in Δ9- tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC) with exposure, but a decrease in cannabidiol. Lydon [96] and Lydon et al.[97] found that in both leaf and floral tissues the concentration of Δ9-THC but not of other cannabinoids increased linearly with UV-B exposure in drug-type Cannabis sativa plants (Fig. 7), but not in fiber- type plants of the same species. Nowadays many sites on the Internet show that the dependency of cannabinol accumula- tion on UV-B radiation is common knowledge among private entrepreneurs in the drug industry. The biosynthetic pathway of cannabinoid synthesis is shown in Fig. 8.
It is not known which enzyme or enzymes for Δ9- tetrahydrocannabinol biosynthesis are induced or stimulated by UV-B radiation, but one can speculate. The gene for poly- ketide synthase catalyzing the synthesis of olivetolic acid possesses strong sequence homology with chalcone synthase and may have evolved from this. Chalcone synthase is one of the classic UV-B-regulated enzymes.

Idk where I was going with this lol
UV-B found in a reptile UVB150 bulb cleared out my spider mite attack. I now use it to clear up to a 1x1 foot area around bulb.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Deleterious effects of UV-B radiation on herbivorous spider mites: they can avoid it by remaining on lower leaf surfaces. - PubMed - NCBI

There you go, that's the abstract but you can access the article.

It works wonders, it helps the plant, no mess, organic too I'd assume.

Cheers

I would say you have found a great way to keep bugs off your plants and is safe to use when you're not in the room and means you don't have to spray anything durring flower too. Pretty cool .

It's just hard to cover much space, I'm in a 4x4 and bulb will kill up to 24" from bulb in all directions. Large grows would be a challenge and it's bad for you in large amounts. I'll run 1 to 2 UVB150 bulbs. I got them to help veg since UVB stunts plant growth but not root growth. (Read up on hortilux T5 power veg bulbs). I had a small outbreak of mites that I did not notice. Hung the UVB bulb two days later I noticed leaf stippling but all mites and eggs were gone. Then I researched what I linked you to.

Cheers

It's just hard to cover much space, I'm in a 4x4 and bulb will kill up to 24" from bulb in all directions. Large grows would be a challenge and it's bad for you in large amounts. I'll run 1 to 2 UVB150 bulbs. I got them to help veg since UVB stunts plant growth but not root growth. (Read up on hortilux T5 power veg bulbs). I had a small outbreak of mites that I did not notice. Hung the UVB bulb two days later I noticed leaf stippling but all mites and eggs were gone. Then I researched what I linked you to.

Cheers

UVB is bad for you and the plants in large doses, you can put it on a seperate timer for ON 15mins/OFF 45mins per hour that the lights are on.

Love ACV in the mornings, really puts a little pep in my step lol. Can't wait till my Sauerkraut is finished so I can eat that fermented goodness too!!

Do you drink ACV? I know it's healthy, I make salad dressing with it, I have not tried drinking it though.

Cheers

Do you drink ACV? I know it's healthy, I make salad dressing with it, I have not tried drinking it though.

Cheers

2 tsp in a glass of water every morning and sometimes throughout the day if I have heart burn, helps with that for me. Tons of benefits drinking it first thing in the morning!

How long have you been using ACV Prepper? Have you seen noticeable differences?

Every time I glance at your name I see Dr Pepper for a split second. lol It's probably just the fat kid in me. lol
Lmao, Dr. Prepper. I have using ACV for 1.5yrs now. Noticable differences? Defiantly right after you drink it you can feel the effects, more energy, clears up any hangovers, taking it before eating preps the body to digest food. Upset stomach or heart burn I will drink some. Just don't drink it after 5, will keep you awake.

I also take Turmeric, Ginkgo Biloba, and Oil of Oregano everyday.

Back
Top Bottom