Original Panama Red seeds

Mag7

A friend of mines dad gave him some 30 yr old PR seeds. They have been sealed in plastic and in a pill container for the entire time. I'm wondering if they will germinate and if so, should I use rapid rooter or what would be my best choice for germination? That is is they are still good after all this time.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

A friend of mines dad gave him some 30 yr old PR seeds. They have been sealed in plastic and in a pill container for the entire time. I'm wondering if they will germinate and if so, should I use rapid rooter or what would be my best choice for germination? That is is they are still good after all this time.

I doubt they're still good, but you might as well try. Make sure you have a good long term plan for them in case you do end up with some panama red from 30 years ago, you might want to save that strain... then again you might not. Intriguing endeavor.

I would germinate them in a wet paper towel in a plastic ziplock or tupperware or something in a warm place for a couple of days and see if they shoot out any roots.
:thumb:

Unfortunately they weren't ever frozen so I have no idea what will happen. They look amazing. Perfect shape and color. Fingers crossed that at least one will germinate and even if it's a male I'll keep the pollen and cross breed with a Panama feminized that I have. Does scratching the seed really help with germination?

@Big Budha, do you have link. I can't seem to be able to create an account on the site

Prepare a black tea extract, and soak them in it for few days. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. If it doesn't then scuffing with nail clippers is recommended, I germinated a lot of hard seeds that way.

Lol me too, this a long distant strain I hope produce.

Back
Top Bottom