Osmocote Plus Plant Food: Discuss Its Use With Cannabis Here!

Just finished reading this entire thread, and ive decided to do a soil grow. I'm only going to grow one plant at a time from seed. No idea on what strain yet, I may just try some seeds I have laying around.

I cant decide on a soil type though, i'm building an indoor grow room for a lot of other herbs and the weed is just a bonus.

EDIT:::

Actually found a hydro place near me that has both the fox farms OF and promix. I need to decide between the two

you're going to need to germinate a few seeds to get a female, I did the same thing as what you're gonna do, grow one plant, and I also used bagseed but if you germinate just one seed at a time chances are you might get a male. I germinated 10 seeds and only 2 actually popped , I was lucky tho cause one turned out to be female. GL on your grow:thumb:

null,

I use the promix organic with some magikmoss from the local store. It is a very light mix.

Just toss in some OC+ and you won't be disappointed. I add a few other things, but as a base nute, OC plants always look soooo healthy.

I loaded up two pots for a friend. He bought some organic soil from ServiceStar hardware that looked like half sand to me, but I threw in some OC+ and Dynamite Red and his plants grew huge and very healthy with very very little care.

If it's your first grow and just a test run, you will be well pleased. Are you going to use the OC+ on the erbs also?

null,

I use the promix organic with some magikmoss from the local store. It is a very light mix.

Just toss in some OC+ and you won't be disappointed. I add a few other things, but as a base nute, OC plants always look soooo healthy.

I loaded up two pots for a friend. He bought some organic soil from ServiceStar hardware that looked like half sand to me, but I threw in some OC+ and Dynamite Red and his plants grew huge and very healthy with very very little care.

If it's your first grow and just a test run, you will be well pleased. Are you going to use the OC+ on the erbs also?

Yea, its both my first grow and a test run.

I'm going to use the OC+ for everything.

I'm just trying to figure out what soil would be best. I dont want to spend $100 on different bags of soils/mixes. I think the promix may be too light for vegetables and herbs. Ill see what else they have at the hydro store when I go. I called to verify they had the FF ocean forest and happy frog as well as promix. They wanted $17 a bag of FFOF so not too bad TBH. I'm sure they have perlite as well.

For the 1 MJ plant I grow maybe 75% FFOF and 25% perlite (seems to be a common and successful bblend). For the rest of the crops ill blend the HF and OF together and add in perlite as needed.... I think that works. I'm sure the MJ will be fine, if anything from all this reading it is a VERY resilient plant as long as you dont treat it like shit. The lettuce i'm growing indoors may be a harder challenge :D.

OC+ still working wonders

Kannabia - Original Berry 8 weeks flowering
BB_8_wks_flwr_2_.JPG

BB_8_wks_flwr_c.jpg

Quick question for anyone who can answer:

I'm using an 'Easy2Grow' wicking system with 100% coir and OC+ -- I'm currently dosing the reservoir with 10ml/gal of Ca-Mg (the 1-0-0 version from General Nutrients) in RO/DI - when would it be safe to just use pH adjusted RO/DI and no ca-mg when using OC+ in coir?

Just got back from the hydro store, got out spending $75. Think I did alright.

3.8 ft^3 bale of pro-mix bx - $45
30 lbs of Wiggle Worm worm castings $20
And one of those seed starter green houses. $5

So far I have all of my Vegetables and Herbs planed in a 3:1 mix of promix to worm castings. Going to give them a few days to sprout and then they are going into window planters with the same 3:1 ratio and OC+. I thought about adding perlite but I was actually shocked at how light promix is. I think ill be alright. I should be :p

Going to wait till that's done to even consider growing some smoke.

Just got back from the hydro store, got out spending $75. Think I did alright.

3.8 ft^3 bale of pro-mix bx - $45
30 lbs of Wiggle Worm worm castings $20
And one of those seed starter green houses. $5

So far I have all of my Vegetables and Herbs planed in a 3:1 mix of promix to worm castings. Going to give them a few days to sprout and then they are going into window planters with the same 3:1 ratio and OC+. I thought about adding perlite but I was actually shocked at how light promix is. I think ill be alright. I should be :p

Going to wait till that's done to even consider growing some smoke.

whatever you decide to do and when you decide to do it, I wish you success:thumb::Namaste:

joza, he's just pissed that u're growing better herbs & not having to screw w/'em all the time. i wouldn't use cal-mag till the plants show they need it.

Current soil and what is in it that I am using now. 3 parts Sta-Green garden soil available almost anywhere, Home Depot, loews, wallyworld, two parts perlite, miracle gro version, 2 tablespoons OC+ per gallon, 1 tablespoon epsom salts per gallon, 1 tablespoon Ironite per gallon. I was going to do a blend using DM red but couldn't find the bottle of it in time for the mixing. This is in 3 gallon buckets watered with a couple of wicks made from 7/16ths nylon rope. The reservoir holds only water so far. I will add a tea made variously from Alfalfa or Jobes organic for tomatoes and vegetables, and Mollasses, possibly with a seaweed extract, some worm castings after stretch is over. So far so very good, not a dead leaf tip anywhere.

Dr. Red White,

While I applaud your efforts, that's a ton of stuff to add to your soil, kind of defeats the purpose of just using OC+ and a supplement or two - but to each his own. Grow ON!

:bongrip: - JZ

I'm guilty of it too...I have my own soil mix now that I start with for using OC+! I've been incorporating 1 Tablespoon of OC+ per gallon of soil in Superoots Air-Pots.

My soil looks like this for about 5 gallons worth:

3 Gallons Pro-Mix Potting & Container Potting Mix
1 Gallon Perlite
1/2 Gallon Worm Castings
1/2 Gallon Coast of Maine Lobster Compost
3/4 Cup Espoma Tomato-Tone
1/2 Cup Greensand
1/2 Cup Powdered Dolomite Lime
1/4 Cup Kelp Meal
1/4 Cup Azomite
2 Tbsp Ironite Mineral Supplement

It's totally not necessary with OC+, you can have great results with any old potting soil, but I'm playing with organics and have recently started supplementing with teas.

I know it's been touched on before, but pot size makes a big difference. I've been experimenting with 1 gallon pots for some moms, and the plants blew through the nutes in the soil & OC+ in less than 3 months... that pot size might be good for a SOG, but if you grow bigger plants I think I would agree with DocBud to go with a minimum 3 gallon... Otherwise you'll need to top dress with more OC+ at some point.

Well Jozo-Sha OC+ is just a base nute for me and I need a certain soil texture for a wick system. I forgot to add that I also use Snowstorm Ultra in the tea also. The epsom salts and ironite make sure I don't run out of needed minerals and in the end I just put water in the reservoir twice during flower adding the tea weekly. I just can't see wasting the benefits you can get by helping your microherd work for you. SnowStorm Ultra deserves a standing ovation and I have only used it for 2 grows. I am getting such good results I am not easing up on the extras!

I tried coco coir for a bit. Personally I was disapointed with it as I had problems I never had with perlite and vermiculite or perlite and peat moss. Possibly my study of it was not complete enough though I did wrinse it and use it in hempy buckets. I got a lot of deficiencies I had never experienced before so I went back to the tried and true. I never use OC+ in it and I battled a calcium issue before I decided why change when I was getting fine results in the first place. I was initially attracted to it because it was cheap and you could get a brick of it that would swell up to 3 cubic feet when wetted. Oh yeah, my first brick came with it's own bugs!

Yet another OC+ success.

Dinafem - Diesel, freebie

Test bud was great. Shes is in 9th week 12/12. Looked like about 20% ambers on a few buds so we picked them. Will give the rest of the plant another week.

Diesel_9_wks_flwr_1.jpg

Diesel_9_wks_flwr_2.jpg

Diesel_9_wks_flwr_3c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom