Our Ongoing Grows

LEDs are something new to me.. I do have acouple laying around A Mars 1600

I think that is supposed to give a sloid 4X4 coverage. I also have a small one that fits in my 2X2X5 mother tent that I use for rooted clones and seedlings and smaller veg plants.

I use the LED in my flower room if I do a flip in there during the summer when temps are a problem. It's one of them that looks like a Christmas Tree light,, purplish. THat on one side and an HPS on the other. I did kind of a comparison grow, LED on one side,, a 1000 watt HPS on the other. I did see shorter internode spacing and more buddage future down the plant on the HPS side. Better light penetration. But the LED to my surprise did a decent job on it's plants. Maybe 15-20% less in the buddage department... This was in an open room, but I can see alot of good it wood do if one had it in a more confined space,, as a tent or something smaller. Anywhere heat wood be a problem is a good spot for one. But when temps are lower,, I'll stick with my 1500 watters. 2 of them do a 10X10 easily. But they do put out some heat,, so you have to get a cool air intake from somewhere if you run them. I draw cool air passively from under my house and exhaust warm air to my attic

But I do see alot using these 'COBs' with great results. Mister @bobrown14 has some good ones.. But I know everyone here knows more about them than me...

GL and Keepem Green

Timber Grow lights
Mars Hydro
Horticulture Lighting Group
I’ve run all 3 and have only good things to say about them

This ^^^ what Penny said. Depends on your budget.

Like Woody said, he's been using HPS for ever and it always works. You will get the best results with the HID lamps but they are not for the faint at heart.

Safety first HIDs get VERY hot. They have to be hung and wired properly.

For LEDs the HLG lamps are what I wood consider one of the best lamps on a budget.
So for say $500 you could run probably 6-8 plants full size. MAybe in a 4x8.

Timber has a nice lamp that I use for about $800 that will do a 4x4 so 4 plants.

Mars has lamps for every budget and size. Just about every one that uses LEDs has a Mars lamp I'd wadger. They have lamps for every budget. Its a good place to start. You may end up staying with them. They have COBs, boards like HLG and blurples in every size.

I still use Mars on my clone table.

At the end of the day its hard to beat an HID for price and result.

We all agree, I’ll look at Lights Depot.

I bought mine direct from HLG - but they always sold out of a lot of stuff. I guess they do more wholesale than retail it seems. Can get the same exact package a few different places.

The Light Depot I think is one and also check out Growerslights on that dot com place.

I run the HLG 260 V2 I have a few of them and they are very well made. I bought the kit and put them together. It's so easy even I could do it. Even wired it backwards a few times. lol

HLG has added a new RSPEC version with added red spectrum - highly suggest looking at these.

I have the Rspec boards on my wish list, but I'm semi confident of the HID/COB hybrid I'll soon be using when I build a 9x9 room. I only have 18 COBs which I don't think is enough coverage for a 9x9, so my plan is to use an old 600w HID in the middle, then outline it with COBs.

Thats a great idea with the HID COB combo. I'm about to move my flower room to our new place and the new room is significantly larger total is 14x13 flower footprint.

Trying to decide how to set it up. I don't have enough lighting but adding a 600w HID would be a great solution.

I'm running Red Spectrum with COBs with good result. I got the idea from some other growers that were trying them out a few years ago.

For a 14x13, I think you'll need several HIDs and/or LED fixtures. That's a lot of space, how much will be for your grow?

BUT BUT I did grab a Pic or two of that Cripit while in flower... I think''' she close to harvest... Part Crippler Thai,, and does have a chocolate type smell..

Hey @SativaBoy give me a call late tomorrow evening.. Is a great bunch of people down on Burnside called Used Hydro tore or something.. It'll pop up on a search?

Right now I'm down,,, still on a walker. But I can walk acouple steps now.. But sure is easier to keep 10-15pounds off the leg and hip right now......

Before I start babbling;;; Cripit getting close.. 50 days and rock hard buddage''' Fast plant..

Keepem Green

Thats a great idea with the HID COB combo. I'm about to move my flower room to our new place and the new room is significantly larger total is 14x13 flower footprint.

Trying to decide how to set it up. I don't have enough lighting but adding a 600w HID would be a great solution.

I'm running Red Spectrum with COBs with good result. I got the idea from some other growers that were trying them out a few years ago.
The COB lights I got from Mars has some far right red LEDs added to the COB light I hope they work well I have one for each plant. I am running 4 plants in my 5x5 mars tent.

stunning. a goal to aim for. :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom