Outdoor 2014 Worldwide

Debating on harvesting plot 2 (3 females 5 males) to avoid botritis.... They are deep seeded and should be ready in a few days but the nugs will prolly be questionable. I will not smoke it just collect the seeds.

Harvested plant #2 is smokable now and quite a pleasure to smoke <3 Harvested #1 is as well. #'s 3 , 4 , 5 and 6 should be ready by middle of September my hopes is that they get hefty int hat time , I will use discretion when I harvest them I want to have finished specimens. I got enough meds for the month 'fist pump and hopefully will not need to buy any next month too!!!! YAY!

#2 After dry and some curing.

IMAG6504.jpg
IMAG6505.jpg
IMAG6506.jpg
IMAG6507.jpg

all plants frozen solid this morning but doing very well , fed 1 tbsp per gallon growology #3 :) forgot cam....

At what temp do you think they were frozen solid? I see you were talking about 0 celsius in your earlier post which is 32 fahrenheit? So far I've found getting into the mid 30's fahrenheit to cause no harm. I ask because I'm trying to decide when to pull the plug on the outdoors and bring mine inside to finish.

At what temp do you think they were frozen solid? I see you were talking about 0 celsius in your earlier post which is 32 fahrenheit? So far I've found getting into the mid 30's fahrenheit to cause no harm. I ask because I'm trying to decide when to pull the plug on the outdoors and bring mine inside to finish.

If they handle mid 30's and keep growing you will cold finish them , the longer they last the nicer they will get so long as days are warm following cold nights. Yes 0'celsius is 32'f. The plant tissue was frozen solid if you try to bend a stem it snaps off easily. My plants been surviving frozen temps since I put them outdoor then grew a couple months in to massive plants and now experiencing frosts and cold temps again. Usually in the past they just die after this many!

2 weeks for next harvest then perpetual harvesting up to October. Eager to see how regs handle the temps and climate :D

So you're getting 28 fahrenheit now and still plan on growing outdoors until Oct?? What kind of lows to you experience In Oct.? Are you covering them up at night?
Based on where my plants are in pre flowering I don't expect them to finish until Early Nov and by Nov. 15th we average 12 degrees fahrenheit as a low so I have no real hope of finishing outdoors. I wish I could get into early Oct but I'll most likely have to make the move indoors before the end of Sept. I'm just keeping a close eye on things myself.

So you're getting 28 fahrenheit now and still plan on growing outdoors until Oct?? What kind of lows to you experience In Oct.? Are you covering them up at night?
Based on where my plants are in pre flowering I don't expect them to finish until Early Nov and by Nov. 15th we average 12 degrees fahrenheit as a low so I have no real hope of finishing outdoors. I wish I could get into early Oct but I'll most likely have to make the move indoors before the end of Sept. I'm just keeping a close eye on things myself.
Indeed I plan to letem grow till it snows if I can... Usually in early Mid October here we have a couple feet of snow so this will be interesting lol.... Some of the strains I am using are known to be rot and frost resistant so I am putting them as well as some I created for same purpose to the test. I will not cover them this entire grow is partially a experiment on their toughness. I have to admit though I am getting anxiety , afraid I will lose my crops but keep trying to tell myself to accept that possibility and roll with the punches along the way. Fortunately of 21 or so plants I put out way too early I only lost one and it was human error on my part not mofo nature lol I busted her root ball and she said "F YOU WRB 'SUPUKU!" haha

Thank you for your keen interest eh! I hope your babies produce you enough meds to get you through for awhile :) Namaste!

I'm very interested in how this turns out for you and hope it works out. Please keep us posted on how the plants react as the temps continue to drop. This is my first crop in many years and I'm not brave enough to try to see them through to the end outside, plus I think my plants have a few weeks farther to go then yours. I've never tried digging a plant up from the ground to move it indoors. You bring up losing one due to to busting the root ball. I thought I'd be o.k. if I severed a few roots in the process of moving them to pots. Do you think this should be a major concern for me?

I'm very interested in how this turns out for you and hope it works out. Please keep us posted on how the plants react as the temps continue to drop. This is my first crop in many years and I'm not brave enough to try to see them through to the end outside, plus I think my plants have a few weeks farther to go then yours. I've never tried digging a plant up from the ground to move it indoors. ""You bring up losing one due to to busting the root ball. I thought I'd be o.k. if I severed a few roots in the process of moving them to pots. Do you think this should be a major concern for me?""
Mitigating stress is fine so long as you do not lose a large chunk of root ball. If you can tell where it is rooting the most and can dig around it I see why you could not take it indoor but there are a lot more risk than just damaging roots , transporting can really hurt them too. When does your area start having snow?

Personally I would keep a eye on Weather Network almost hourly and cater to them by covering the main stem and ground if I was concerned. The reason I am doing this with my own plot letting them fend the weather and no staking support is because I need to know the structures of these babies and how viable they are in adverse weather. The strains I used claim to be resilient so I bred them and testing it out so far the claims are true and I am smiling wide :D I got one plant that grosses me out though , smells like cilantro ewwwww lol

It has been a over a week of colder than 5'celsius nights here and my plants are not wilting and they keep high fiving. I stopped taking pictures because I am starting to obsess and stress. It rained 2 nights in a row so I dun gotta do much just hope deer dun eatem.

Fuzzy morning #2 was strong last night knocked me the f out.

Mitigating stress is fine so long as you do not lose a large chunk of root ball. If you can tell where it is rooting the most and can dig around it I see why you could not take it indoor but there are a lot more risk than just damaging roots , transporting can really hurt them too. When does your area start having snow?

Personally I would keep a eye on Weather Network almost hourly and cater to them by covering the main stem and ground if I was concerned. The reason I am doing this with my own plot letting them fend the weather and no staking support is because I need to know the structures of these babies and how viable they are in adverse weather. The strains I used claim to be resilient so I bred them and testing it out so far the claims are true and I am smiling wide :D I got one plant that grosses me out though , smells like cilantro ewwwww lol

It has been a over a week of colder than 5'celsius nights here and my plants are not wilting and they keep high fiving. I stopped taking pictures because I am starting to obsess and stress. It rained 2 nights in a row so I dun gotta do much just hope deer dun eatem.

Fuzzy morning #2 was strong last night knocked me the f out.

I'd project my plants should finish in early Nov. We'll have snow normally by mid to late Oct. with 12 degree fahrenheit lows by mid Oct and sub 0 lows in Nov. Even if I cover them I don't see any chance at all of finishing them outdoors. I have large pots ready and planned on digging a large area around the plant to make a root ball but even with that I think it's inevitable that I'll sever some roots that run out. I don't see much of a choice though, the plants are so close and are worth the effort. I'm just keeping a very close eye on temps and forecast as of now. I want to take advante of what is likely the last warm front but I may have to pull these inside any week now.

November here it is not uncommon for -20's to -30's celsius (-4 to -22'f) in December it drops too sub arctic temps of -30'c to -40'c (-22'f to -40'f) by January and early Feb it is not uncommon to hit the -50'c (-58'f the temp ocean water starts to freeze at) at times that we call cold snaps.

If you pull yer plants indoors my hat is off to you , you got more energy than I do haha (another reason I want resilient strains , less work)

"How to grow Cannabis outdoors if you are poor"

My total investment on my grow was like $50..... I made about 4 ounces harvested dried and half smoked already. At $150 a ounce my return is already $550. I am not including gas.... It costs about $5-$10 per visit lets say $7.50 per trip. That is about $262.... So $262 + $50 = $312..... I did not make anything out of this really , not yet anyway and I hope I at least get another $550 break or this was not worth it other than a ton of seeds for the rest of my life. I need this break real bad like it is pretty much a matter of life and death now :(

November here it is not uncommon for -20's to -30's celsius (-4 to -22'f) in December it drops too sub arctic temps of -30'c to -40'c (-22'f to -40'f) by January and early Feb it is not uncommon to hit the -50'c (-58'f the temp ocean water starts to freeze at) at times that we call cold snaps.

If you pull yer plants indoors my hat is off to you , you got more energy than I do haha (another reason I want resilient strains , less work)

Well you have me beat on the temps and you can keep that record. The coldest I've seen to date has been -40 but getting into the -20's is more the norm in the winter. I hope you're able to get a full harvest but even if you don't what you're doing has value to someone trying to understand how to grow in a cold climate. My plants are within walking distance of where I'll be taking them indoors but I still don't look forward to the work. If I pull it off I'm going to give them as long as they want to fully bud.

Well you have me beat on the temps and you can keep that record. The coldest I've seen to date has been -40 but getting into the -20's is more the norm in the winter. I hope you're able to get a full harvest but even if you don't what you're doing has value to someone trying to understand how to grow in a cold climate. My plants are within walking distance of where I'll be taking them indoors but I still don't look forward to the work. If I pull it off I'm going to give them as long as they want to fully bud.
Reps!
You should start more journals I will sub and follow them :)
Cold climat growing is what I want to specialize in so everyone almost everywhere can grow outdoors. So far in my eyes my breeding is not going so well but the back crossing and soon will have a stock of LowRyder straight up for perpetual breeding regimens. I just got back from my plot , later in season I go at night when it gets cold I wanna see how much more trics there are , color and smell before I harvest any of them. I usually go with clear cloudy but I want some cloudy amber specimens/meds as well from certain varieties. The Greem Reefer is new to me so I desire a full finish before harvest but if mofo nature does not desire that I will have mostly clear cloudy.....

Romulan , oh Romulan.... Why you so slow baby? She is just starting to flower but in slow motion.... She needs a few more feedings for sure but she wants 6 gallons per feed now. I will let her fend on 1 gallon till I get a few plants harvested , there is no way in hell I am hand bombing 90 pounds of water for 2 weeks...... Every 2 days. The distance is just too much , next year if my friend allows me perhaps I will leave a reservoir there and just fill up walk , walk back and fill up again. It will be an investment but I hope to have a cash job by then to afford it. I also am keen on a water wheel..... Well who knows though I might be out West next summer in some pretty wild country , I will have to be armed but it is legal to be armed in the bush so that is ok. We got tons of cougars and bears and wolves out there.

The other early morning I was surrounded by a pack of coyotes.... They were just yards from me lol I just did my thing and left no problem. I got good boots n they hate bein kicked haha....

Woke up at 4 am checked out temps online and saw it was -2'celsius so I thought I would get some water and go see them girls n how they are doing. our sun up is almost 7 am now so pics are dark sorry all.... All early/auto plants are in full bloom , one almost ready to harvest already and is cold finishing the rest are a couple weeks to go at least.... I have concerns , anxiety and despair running through my head atm I need these meds so bad!

IMAG6577.jpg
IMAG6576.jpg
IMAG6574.jpg
IMAG6573.jpg
IMAG65721.jpg
IMAG65711.jpg
IMAG6570.jpg
IMAG6569.jpg
IMAG6568.jpg
IMAG6567.jpg
IMAG6566.jpg
IMAG6565.jpg