Outdoor Plant inside

Justoned14

I planted a plant in the yard to see if would take I was quite shocked to see when it started to come round and grow.

Outside_grow_17_7_13_3_.jpg

As you can see I put a bottle round the edge to stop the bugs and a mesh on top to get a few shoots (scrog).

Outside_grow_17_7_13_1_.jpg

After about 3 weeks I decided to super crop by snapping 2 stems on the edge of the coke bottle as this coauses the stem to mend itself and take more food.

10_08_13_1_.jpg

10_08_13.jpg

I noticed little bugs had started taking a liking to my leaves but if I was a bug I think I would just chill with the plants all day. I took a picture a week later it was night so I will apologize for the quality.

18_08_13.jpg

After 2 week it started getting too tall and wide and as I have nosy greedy neighbors I had to do the right thing and bring her in. Straight after I scooped her out she was 23" tall and about 24" wide. As I brought her in she was drooping like f**k.

27_08_13_2_.jpg

At this point my main focus was just to get her perked back up as soon as I fed her Rhizotonoic, Cannazhyme and plant revive and sprayed loads of bug spray. I also give her a big check on the top and underneath of the leaves.
I decided to put her in the middle of a room with a fan on her and a clip on cfl just above her. After about half a day she came back round and was swaying in the breeze.

better_27_08_13_3_.jpg

After a few days I started to lollipop it as she was too bushy for the tent I was still to introduce the 400 watt HPS to her. Once I had put her in the tent I think it was too warm and bright for her at the start. But after a few days she came round.

02_09_13.jpg

The first day in the tent was a bit too much for her but I kept the temps at a nice rate for her. I also decided to top her few times as well to keep her short as she stands at 24" tall. and the tent is not that tall.

05_09_13_2_.jpg

These are the most recent pictures that I have taken after she has been topped and fed her the temp is 29 and the humidity is 40%

05_09_13_1_.jpg

Let me know what you guys think I am going to change her to flower straight away.
Thankyou

Just Lovely - Congrats!!

I've wondered how a plant would respond to being moved inside after spending significant time outside. It appears your girl quite likes it. Great job in digging and transplanting her!

Just Lovely - Congrats!!

I've wondered how a plant would respond to being moved inside after spending significant time outside. It appears your girl quite likes it. Great job in digging and transplanting her!

Thank you for looking I was worried but thinking back I think she did like the change and the attention she is getting.

Just a update if anyone is still looking the hairs are slowly starting to show and the leavers are getting skinny she sure is turning now

1st week of flowering and of course the fist problem appears purple striped stems Here are some photos sorry about the poor quality I do not have a decent camera.
12_09_13.jpg
12_09_13_4_.jpg
12_09_13_2_.jpg

I gave her a flush yesterday so I will net be watering today but if any one has any solutions for the stem color please speak.

Thank you

18_09_13.jpg

18_09_13_4_.jpg
18_09_13_3_.jpg
18_09_13_2_.jpg

Hey all Just another little update but I could do with a bit of help as they are yellow spots starting to faintly appear on the leaves any feed back would be great.

Thanks

Still looking great Juststoned14!

Just another update I think the ballast is fu**ed because it keeps on turning off so I have to use a clip on CFL until its ready to turn back on.
I flushed her yesterday to keep her on track.

Re: About 5th week of flower AK48

She is roughly 5 weeks in no big problems so far apart from a few caterpillars last week which I found and removed I have backed of the N just concentrating on the P and K now.

Just a update

subd,

nice save bringing it indoors,

i know your probably know this all ready but by letting more oxygen get to the roots this will then help with bud size, so letting the pot totally dry out between waterings will really help the plant put on weight, in the past i used the normal watering method where you check the soil a few inches down and see if its dry or moist, now i let my pots go totally dry so the plant is top heavy, this time round my buds are getting huge compared to previous grows and its because im letting the pot totally dry out before i water it again.

you dont a great job bringing it back indoors and keeping it alive, be careful with the hps you dont want to be starting any fires. also looks like you got some very frosty buds to come, looks great

Re: Outdoor Plant inside 6 Weeks

Still problems with the ballast keeping the p.h around 6 is it normal for the leaves to die close to harvest as mine are still looking green. Just feeding her Flower boost and PK 13/14. I do not see much difference as I look at her every night.
I always let her dry out as much as possible anyway I,m scared of drowning her.

ive just had a close look at the pics, id say you dont have long left to go, is their any way you can check the trichomes on the leaves sticking out the buds or on the buds themselves, use a small scope or magnifying glass and have a look and see what colour they are,
100% cloudy and the plant is ready for harvest
if you let the plant grow longer they start turning amber which is when the thc is turing into cbn which gives you the stronger couch lock affect, i harvest around 80%cloudy and 20% amber.

some of the leaves can start to yellow at the end of flower, but this only happens if you stop giving nutrients, if your still feeding the plant and the feed contains N then the leaves wont turn yellow, the leaves turn yellow usually starting from the bottom up due to the plant using the nutrients that are stored in the leaves so it tries to stay alive,

so most growers flush 2 weeks before harvest with 3 times the size of the pot, so a 3 gallon pot would be flushed with 9 gallons of water then the plant left with no nutrients at all until harvest which is usually around 2 weeks after the flush,

the other method and the method i use is not to flush but to stop feeding the plant 2 to 3 weeks before harvest, then the plant uses up all the nutrients in the soil then it starts using up the nutrients stored in the leaves.

but then ive harvested plants that look totally fine at harvest with no signs of leaves turning yellow,

the plants put on their most weight in the last 2 weeks, now looking at your pics id say you dont have long left till you reach harvest, but its hard to tell without checking the trichomes (the crystal glands on the leaves and buds), once i see these mostly cloudy then ill stop feeding the plant and just give it plain water, then it dont have nutrients in the buds at harvest giving you a much cleaner smoke.

so if you think its close to harvest or the trichs tell you it is then id stop feeding nutrients and either flush which i dont like doing as the soil takes ages to dry out but many growers do flush and have no issues, or stop feeding and just give plain water for the last 2 to 3 weeks of growth, then the leaves will start to yellow from the bottom up as the plant starts taking the nitrogen out of the leaves so it can keep the buds alive longer giving them chance to get polenated.

so to me it looks like you dont have long left till harvest, id stop feeding now and just use plain water or flush if you want to flush, but without being able to see the plant in person its just really hard to say, the best thing would be to check the trichomes on the buds and leaves at differnet parts of the plant and see what its telling you,

clear trichs mean thc is not at its peak and the plant has more flowering to do,
100% cloudy means thc is at its peak and the plant is ready for harvest,
amber trichs mean thc is past its peak and is degrading into cbn which gives you the more stoned affect when you smoke the buds

how ever most indica strains will be pretty potent at 100% cloudy.

clear trichs look like ice,
cloudy trichs look like milky water
amber trichs look like clear trichs with an orange look to them,

I have not got a magnifier so Its a bit hard I am not 100% on the stage its at but I would say roughly 7 weeks now. I am also feeding her with Ice cold water to make her think winter is round the corner.

its a bit difficult to tell by the pics but id say you could go 7 days to maybe 14 but if the trichs say its ready then its ready, but if your unsure then id let it go a bit longer just to make sure its stopped flowering,

looks very nice though

Back
Top Bottom