Outdoor questions

sfsgosu

i had a few questions regaurding outdoor growing. I have a little bit of experience already i've done 5 crops outdoor so i have the basics down. Firstly i wanted to know if there is any sure fire way to keep catipilars off your plants and what to use to stop them before they begin? this year i had 10 great white shark destroyed by them and a blackberry that had to be cut early because of them so is there something or maybe a combination of things that can prevent this happening again? I used pyrethrem this go around at first sight and it did absolutely nothing!! Secondly id like to know how big i should dig my holes if i want to put them in the ground? also i wanted to know what i can use to build a greenhouse type structure that will let plenty of light in? during my summers the temps get 100+ so i figured i could put a fan in there to keep temps down. lastly i was planning on doing gdp that would be planted march 1st with about 2-3 months vegging previous do you think that 2 pounds per is an unrealistic goal?? Any responses are much appreciated but please only answer if you have experience, :thanks:

sfsgosu, I recommend reading How to Ask for Grow Support you will likely get quicker responses by asking in this manner.

Also try breaking up your post into multiple paragraphs instead of one big one, I find people will read multiple as it appears easier, than if things are jammed together.

Finally, many of your questions are already on the forum with answers, along with the plethora of info in sticky posts from staff. This will allow you to find answers sooner than two days.

I'm feeling good, so I will answer your questions.

To keep really all bugs off your plants, at least the ones who will eat them I would recommend Aza-Max. It is an OMRI organic product which will cause your pests to die when they attempt to eat the plant. However like most products you most be diligent and spray weekly to maintain a pest free plant.

I would recommend putting them in pots with good soil, preferably air-pruning pots. 10-25 gallon pots depending on how large of a plant you plan for.

For your greenhouse build yourself a frame from wood, or hire someone, or buy one. Then use Solexx, it's a great product that will work very well. Simply putting a fan in there won't always be enough to keep things cool. You can vent the greenhouse however negative pressure would cause that same warm air to simply re-enter. However with this corrugated insulator you may lose some heat. Shade when possible on those extreme hot days.

GDP is usually a more light yielder. However outdoors yields obviously tend to be much higher if you can make it through the variable involved in health. It's always hard to give someone an exact yield with all the things that go into growing great cannabis. I would recommend starting your plants from seed, getting them well-established indoors and strong, healthy so when they go outdoors they have a head start.

Hope this helps you.

Thanks man i really appreciate your reply, an my bad about how i posted this but i wasn't aware there was a specific format.

I actually switched things up though and i got Kings Kush, Kalashnikova, Arjans Haze #1, and Hawaiian Snow all from green house seeds an I have two of each.

I plan to put them in holes 18"x18" an 30" deep. I will have them vegging by nov 15 under flourescents and then mh until i plant them outdoor in march. I am going to top them all to try an keep them short an bushy as much as possible but i wanted to know if 8 and 1/2 feet would be tall enough for the green house?

Back
Top Bottom