overwatering?

Legalize09

these pics are from about 30 min ago and someone told me it could be over watering. i previously thought they look like this bc of N defficiency and used cottonseed meal a lil over a week ago (which is slow acting and i havnt seen an improvement yet. Today i bought miracle grow all purpose plant food and watered it with the mix. Before recently i had been watering almost daily and i know that is way too much. Soooo my question is just to see what others think so i can get as much input as possible... check out the pics..

all 3 plants

this_current_my_3.jpg

plant 1

yellow_11.jpg

plant 2

yellow_21.jpg

plant 3

yellow_31.jpg

hello it looks like a ph problem.. whats ur ph when you water?

id second what he said the yellowing can be a sign of the wrong PH. Also ill add that some of the leafs are starting to burn on the tips had this happened befor or after adding fert, reason being u might have added a little to much if the burning tips happened after the feedings of fert were given.

Over watering could be playing a role. i don't see much perlite in the soil. We are going to need more information to judge better. What's the PH of the nutrient run off? How much did you feed them before the cotton seed meal and how much did you fed them with the miracle grow? Temps in the room? We need to know it all.
Another thing...when you have problems you very seldom expect damage already done to be corrected. One usually judges if treatment is working by judging new growth.

i used cottonseed meal a lil over a week ago. i used it generously bc i saw somewhere that you can use alot without nute burn bc it is slow acting. Besides the cottonseed meal i used the Mir Gro 1/2 tsp. in 1 gall water and watered the plants with it for the first time just 5 hours before these pics were taken. The temperature in the room ranges between 73-79F. I dont have any PH testers but i will buy some soon. The new growth on top looks real good on one of them and the others arent too bad.

So do you think i should try not watering for a couple days and then when i do i should test the PH? Or what would you reccomend?

You soil does look pretty muddy. I would definatly add some perlite for improved drainage.

You must always know the current pH of the soil before adding an ingredient that can cause a change in the pH. Attempting to adjust the pH is of little use if you are not sure whether the soil is too acidic or too alkaline to beigin with. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom