Legalize09 first grow

okay another update!...

the place i thought was a hydro store (looked it up on foxfarmfertilizer.com) turned out to just be a expensive garden place that carries FF. I bought Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom.

big_bloom.jpg

i also went and bought bigger pots and transplanted them. also bought a humidity and temp gauge (you can kinda see it in the pic behind plant #1)

transplanted.jpg

i bought some Organic Mircale Grow potting soil hoping that since it is organic it will be fine. Just to be on the safe side i mixed it with regular ol' potting soil (about half n half).

just to let yall know...im not going to add any of the FF ferts for now b/c im still waiting on the ph 600 to come in the mail

wish me luck!!!

Just checked the temp. and found out my box had an alarming temp of 90 f**kin degrees!...i only have one fan (6") and i know i need to get a new fan but cant afford it for qa couple days...i decided to open the box (its just cardboard fit around a shelf) and keep my room fan on and the temp has droppeed to around 80 degrees.... the problem is that i cant keep it open during the time when i am sleeping b/c it is so bright i couldnt sleep at all.

does anyone think its just because my lights are too low (they are around 12 inches from canopy) or do you think its just i need another fan?

regardless i will get another fan but i wanna here yall's input and see what YOU would do until i get another fan

well they arent droopy anymore and i keep the box open during the day with the fan on. they actually look pretty good right now...i know the temp was alarming..but with the box open it keeps the temp around 79 degrees and it will be open most of the day.
i think im forced to let them get a little hot during the early morning for about 2 hours bc the light is way to bright for me to sleep with it on...
i know i cant keep doing this so00 im planning on gettin a new fan...planning on getting a piece of glass for my light...also looking into what i can do about gettin a inline or can fan to bring down the heat!!

Leagalize09...

Just a suggestion here...check out the Problems & Pest post. It is a goldmine of info for diagnosing problems. You should call the retailer you purchased you FF nutes from and find out if the stock Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. It is tailor made to indoor soil grows. The pics you are posting seem to indicate more than simple nute burn and overwatering, but is is difficult to really see the leaves. I am doing my first hydro grow, after nearly 20 years of soil (outdoor) growing and the post helped me diagnose a potentially grow ending problem.
Good luck with your grow and I'll be dropping in on this one.

okay i dont wanna sound like a total newb but I've heard a lot of people say it, and I'm sorry but what is lst? lol

LST=Low Stress Training. The idea is to tie off parts of the plants to open up light paths to lower areas of the plant. This will increase bud production by allowing more light to the lower budsites. It can also stimulate multiple cola growths, if done properly and at the right time. Search through some grow journals and you will see exactly what it is and how its done.

Leagalize09...

Just a suggestion here...check out the Problems & Pest post. It is a goldmine of info for diagnosing problems. You should call the retailer you purchased you FF nutes from and find out if the stock Fox Farm Ocean Forest soil. It is tailor made to indoor soil grows. The pics you are posting seem to indicate more than simple nute burn and overwatering, but is is difficult to really see the leaves. I am doing my first hydro grow, after nearly 20 years of soil (outdoor) growing and the post helped me diagnose a potentially grow ending problem.
Good luck with your grow and I'll be dropping in on this one.

thanks for stopin in southern!.. yea ive checked it out and asked plenty of questions...waiting on the ph meter to come in then ill go from there... the retailor i purchased the nutes from doesnt sell FF soil

thanks l8 and pan! i think so too pan and especially with all yalls help i think im set!! i should get the ph 600 in the mail soon so i think ill be able to diagnose all my problems easier...ill get some new pics up ina couple days...maybe sooner if anything bad happens (pleasssse gooddd noooooo!!!)

well i decided to start flowering tonight...the girlfriend and i cant take the bright light at 6 am anymore...thankfully by the time these plants are done we will be moving into our house and have our extra space to put a Grow room in a room other than the one we sleep in!

got my PH 600 by Milwaukee today! i was dumb tho and did not buy ph 7 buffer solution to calibrate it...i tried distilled water but the Milwuakee rep that i talked on the phone to said that distilled water absorbs carbon once opened which he said would bring the ph down to 5. something...

i also tested my tap water and the run off from my plants... both said it was 8.1 (sounds kinda wrong b/c my plants are looking good)
..i dont think i trust the calibration with the distilled water

also i know that the PH 600 needs to be kept wet...so does that mean i have to keep it in a cup of water (about 3/4" of water) ALL the time??

any help would be appreciated!!! :)

HERES A PIC SO YOU CAN SEE HOW THEYRE DOING ON DAY 1 FLOWER
flower_day_1.jpg

got my PH 600 by Milwaukee today! i was dumb tho and did not buy ph 7 buffer solution to calibrate it...i tried distilled water but the Milwuakee rep that i talked on the phone to said that distilled water absorbs carbon once opened which he said would bring the ph down to 5. something...

i also tested my tap water and the run off from my plants... both said it was 8.1 (sounds kinda wrong b/c my plants are looking good)
..i dont think i trust the calibration with the distilled water

also i know that the PH 600 needs to be kept wet...so does that mean i have to keep it in a cup of water (about 3/4" of water) ALL the time??

any help would be appreciated!!! :)

HERES A PIC SO YOU CAN SEE HOW THEYRE DOING ON DAY 1 FLOWER
flower_day_1.jpg

Your plant's are looking good.:cool:
Get some calibration fluid too. 8.1ph is not surprising that's Very hard water, distilles water is about 6.8ph. Yes I keep my meters in R/O water all the time.

Pan4

heres some new pics

all_3.jpg

plant_a.jpg

this one is the only one that still shows weakness...the new top growth looks good, but there is little..if any...internode growth...
plant_c.jpg

plant_b.jpg

hey haze and cherma!

i started 12/12 about 5 days ago...

and yea i know i got my toe in it haha...the plants usually sit on that board in the backround of the plants...the light is about 8 inches from the canopy so i will probably raise the light soon to around 10 or 12 inches from the canopy

Back
Top Bottom