Ozzie Costal: ready to harvest or not

TimmyTT

420 Member
Hi everyone.

first time grower seeking help.

it’s been quite a journey and I am now looking to get some advice on if I am ready to harvest.

It’s an unknow strain, grown outdoors in oz, with minimal fertalser.

E18D9B4D-A1BE-459E-A280-5DB3A7F42C05.jpeg

49843E55-2FC5-4971-ABFA-F26EE1B61101.jpeg

5DBBCA3D-5B1F-4157-87F0-A9AF01FFCC15.jpeg

799C40DE-108C-4B02-8C11-1171DFFF69A2.jpeg

402AE14B-13D2-4DBB-BDDD-7F9C87453DFC.jpeg

When did the pistils first appear - how many weeks ago was that?

The fresh fluffy pistils says she is still growing, when the pistils turn dark and crinkle up then it’s getting closer to harvest but could still ripen for even longer. Buds swell the most near the end so you don’t want to jump the gun. At this point the plant does not grow taller but it packs on flower weight which is what you want.

Maybe next time fill those buckets up with soil to the top but first mix in plenty of aeration something like perlite, pumice or biochar depending on what’s available to you. The nutrient demands of this plant are strong - don’t be afraid to throw some ferts at it but you have to learn what works based on what’s available there. The plant needs NPK plus calcium and magnesium, in the veg cycle plant needs higher N lower PK but in flower it needs little to no N but higher PK however it needs cal & mag all the way thru.

nice work Mr TimmyTT, looking good

When did the pistils first appear - how many weeks ago was that?

The fresh fluffy pistils says she is still growing, when the pistils turn dark and crinkle up then it’s getting closer to harvest but could still ripen for even longer. Buds swell the most near the end so you don’t want to jump the gun. At this point the plant does not grow taller but it packs on flower weight which is what you want.

Maybe next time fill those buckets up with soil to the top but first mix in plenty of aeration something like perlite, pumice or biochar depending on what’s available to you. The nutrient demands of this plant are strong - don’t be afraid to throw some ferts at it but you have to learn what works based on what’s available there. The plant needs NPK plus calcium and magnesium, in the veg cycle plant needs higher N lower PK but in flower it needs little to no N but higher PK however it needs cal & mag all the way thru.

nice work Mr TimmyTT, looking good
@013 thanks for the feedback. its more than once you have helped me.

if you recall, i did a post a month ago (5 weeks) when she was flowering

I have been doing a bit of a home made fert mix of around 10/30/10 (cant seem to find anything off the shelf that has 0 N). i think i over fertilised for a while so backed it off since.

i will def do it differently the second time and i take your feedback onboard.

With those fresh white pistils I would say it is too early to harvest yet. Maybe another 2 weeks to go.

You said the strain was unknown so who knows, but I wondered if the light build of it's appearance suggests a mostly sativa plant.

Next time I would build up the soil a bit, increase the pot size too, and I think then you'll get a big improvement to yield. And as Sueet pointed out, keep a close eye on bugs, as they can decimate a plant.

With those fresh white pistils I would say it is too early to harvest yet. Maybe another 2 weeks to go.

You said the strain was unknown so who knows, but I wondered if the light build of it's appearance suggests a mostly sativa plant.

Next time I would build up the soil a bit, increase the pot size too, and I think then you'll get a big improvement to yield. And as Sueet pointed out, keep a close eye on bugs, as they can decimate a plant.
@Stunger thanks so much.

great advice

@Sueet Roger that; ill check it out.

What's your recommended treatment?
I can't really give you a good recommendation. When I had them, I sprayed heavily with neem. But they were too advanced by the time I noticed them, it was my first grow. The neem didn't help, I ended up soaking the branches in bleach to make sure they were good and dead and couldn't get to my houseplants upstairs, and then later burned them because I didn't want to smoke bleach :D

I have also used Neem and insecticide soap, with some success, however I did see a suggestion by @Skottelgoed Spons with which he had great success in irradicating spider mites, I haven't used it myself but I have seen others speak highly of similar approaches, his post is here.

I can't really give you a good recommendation. When I had them, I sprayed heavily with neem. But they were too advanced by the time I noticed them, it was my first grow. The neem didn't help, I ended up soaking the branches in bleach to make sure they were good and dead and couldn't get to my houseplants upstairs, and then later burned them because I didn't want to smoke bleach :D
@Sueet @Stunger i have just given them a god does of Ecooil so i will let you know how it goes. i couldn't see any spider mites but there were a few moths, maybe whitefly (i think).

Back
Top Bottom