Paper Bagging

audank

just harvested my first grow and paper bagged it. In order to collect the lost trichs that fall off when stirring the nugs, I put a lining of foil along the bottom. Any chances this could interfere in the process anywhere? i'm assuming it shouldnt, but dont want to risk the chances of losing a very nice first harvest

dank

Foil shouldnt harm it too much, aside from providing a higher chance of molding.

You don't want to keep the budz in the bag to the point of being crispy dry.
When they go into the curing jar they should still be pliable.
I lose very little trike's during a bag dry. I very gently move the buds around in the bag (with my fingers) daily.

Question: I live in Arizona and in a VERY hot house... Talking swamp cooler ALL summer long... I'm about a week and a half into flowering one of my plants... BUt I know when it's time to harvest I'm not going to have ANYwhere cool to dry my buds... Is there anything I can do ?? This will be my very first time getting A harvest,... plese help.. :)

am still working on a best method of dry/cure but no matter what i do i handle gently having lost most of the 1st grow prettys from rough handling they looked so nice before i bagged them and shook them up every day for a week ..... play nice while we dry

I was wondering .....can I use a shoe box with lil vent holes instead of a paper bag..dont have any handy and I would like to dry my buds some way other than hanging them....:hmmmm:

Cigars are kept at 70% humidity in the box where they continue to cure and age to perfection. Well, as perfect as some can get! You don't want a cigar to dry out.

Question: I live in Arizona and in a VERY hot house... Talking swamp cooler ALL summer long... I'm about a week and a half into flowering one of my plants... BUt I know when it's time to harvest I'm not going to have ANYwhere cool to dry my buds... Is there anything I can do ?? This will be my very first time getting A harvest,... plese help.. :)

airconditioner?
:hmmmm:

airconditioner?
A swamp-cooler is different than an air conditioner. Air-conds, usually cool by blowing air past metal coils, that themselves are cooled,(in most cases) by freon.(Im sure that the technology must have changed to something else by now.)

A swamp-cooler is like a big, hamster-wheel, in a big, metal box. The spinning wheel, blows air across a small pan of water. They are only effective in dry climates like AZ.

And obviously they would make the air way too damp for drying plants.
;)

*edit*
And yes I realize that I just replied to a thread that has been still for 3 months now. Oh well. Maybe someone will one day need more info on swamp-coolers.

Up where I live the climate is very humid (pretty much all the time except for the dead of summer). I use a commercial dehumidifier. You can spend as much as $500 for a good one with digital controls, but it has been one of the best investments I have made. I am currently drying a crop with an outside RH of 80-90% and am ready to clip in a week or so generally speaking.

Back
Top Bottom