Parents who partake?

I'm jealous, haha, gardening for a living is my life's goal.
Well if ya do it in yer own make sure you save enough money to get ya by while ya grow lol I don’t do black market cuz I ain’t trying to lose my license haha But so far it lbs been a damn roller coaster being new to this and all the mistakes I’ve made and progress I’ve seen ... when I chop all these down and start the next room is hopefully gonna go much much smoother having known what I know now!

Well if ya do it in yer own make sure you save enough money to get ya by while ya grow lol I don’t do black market cuz I ain’t trying to lose my license haha But so far it lbs been a damn roller coaster being new to this and all the mistakes I’ve made and progress I’ve seen ... when I chop all these down and start the next room is hopefully gonna go much much smoother having known what I know now!

I keep asking the wife to let us move somewhere it's legal. However, her family is ft Lauderdale already, and she feels anything further than a ten hours drive is too far from home. So I'm stuck waiting on the people of this state to decide that we can make our own adult choices. I told her anywhere but Cali and I'll be a happy camper.

I keep asking the wife to let us move somewhere it's legal. However, her family is ft Lauderdale already, and she feels anything further than a ten hours drive is too far from home. So I'm stuck waiting on the people of this state to decide that we can make our own adult choices. I told her anywhere but Cali and I'll be a happy camper.
Yeah Oklahoma is medical legal now if they just leave shit alone! Lol

Oklahoma is somewhere I could handle, I like the wide open spaces. Don't really get that here in Florida....but my God do we have a helluva beach.
I went to training in Florida while I was in the army Can’t remeber the place but hot humid and mosquitos the size of the gators lol I’ll pass hahaha

I went to training in Florida while I was in the army Can’t remeber the place but hot humid and mosquitos the size of the gators lol I’ll pass hahaha

I moved here on a whim back in '12, I don't mind the skeeters. I was raised in the wet flatlands of Maryland. So this'll just a nicer version of home. And there's something to be said for our white sand beaches, and the music scene here is pretty happening.

Any other parents out there who smoke?

Do you experience judgement from family or friends, even if you're responsible about it?

Do you plan on hiding it from the kids or keeping an open dialogue?

Asking as a toker and new grower and parent of the most damn good looking baby boy this side of the Mississippi.
I smoke, my daughter is only 4 months old. I guess I'll roll or bust up where she can't see but I'm fine with her seeing me smoke outdoors. It's Legal, so I guess when she figures out I'm smoking on her own I wont deny it. My family aside from the old folk all toke so it's not a big deal. However I wouldn't have her involved in my grow or smoke with her unless she was an adult.

Let’s see I smoked through raising two kids, one a college grad. The second gave me another chance at parenthood. I have raised my 8 yr old granddaughter the last 7 years. I have always smoked, she calls it my meds. She helps with all the outdoor gardening, the bud and the vegetable garden. I live in California and have always taken grief for my habit until recently. Dad was diagnosed with Alzheimer’s and mom got arthritis. So now it’s “when are you gonna make my salve, and dad needs some edibles. Lol. Legalization has been great for me and my family.

I just glanced through this thread. A couple of observations:

In regards to the comment about cannabis consumption during childhood making for "stupid kids," there was a lengthy (long enough to track a relatively large group of children from a young age all the way through to adulthood) study performed in Jamaica that disproved this. I began smoking cannabis well before I began shaving (and I started that earlier than the average male). And - in terms of IQ - I would be classed as being... highly intelligent. (I have some other issues, but cannabis - and other mind-altering substances - didn't cause them, lol, just helped me to survive them.

However, I strongly recommend against consuming drugs with minors (or knowingly allowing them to do so on their own). One reason is that it's generally illegal, and not the kind of "illegal" that you would have a reasonable expectation of being let off with an @ss-chewing if you get caught. And some people's children, not having been raised in a home where both love and discipline were available in equal (and plentiful) amounts... If they end up thinking they've got any kind of "hold" over their parents/guardians, they'll pretty much do whatever the <BLEEP> they want whist threatening to tell LEO (etc.) about the parents' activities - and then will often end up following through on that threat.

But the main reason is that children's brains are still developing, in the physical sense, and in the mental/emotional sense, they're still learning how to think, in many ways. Most people... They understand the concept of working for a period of time and then getting paid. Of starting a project, and sticking with it until they finish. Of setting a goal, and accomplishing it. F*ck, there are even some people left who are capable of grasping that whole "marriage" concept, and understanding that every single second of every single day isn't going to feel like a <BLEEPING> orgasm.

But a person kind of has to have learned that. Drugs are "instant-gratification" things. Life is "long term gratification" (so to speak). Introducing them to the one makes learning the other... significantly more difficult, on average. And the other... is one of the main things that separates us from all the other animals. . . .

In regards to the comment about cannabis consumption during childhood making for "stupid kids," there was a lengthy (long enough to track a relatively large group of children from a young age all the way through to adulthood) study performed in Jamaica that disproved this. I began smoking cannabis well before I began shaving (and I started that earlier than the average male). And - in terms of IQ - I would be classed as being... highly intelligent. (I have some other issues, but cannabis - and other mind-altering substances - didn't cause them, lol, just helped me to survive them.

However, I strongly recommend against consuming drugs with minors (or knowingly allowing them to do so on their own). One reason is that it's generally illegal, and not the kind of "illegal" that you would have a reasonable expectation of being let off with an @ss-chewing if you get caught. And some people's children, not having been raised in a home where both love and discipline were available in equal (and plentiful) amounts... If they end up thinking they've got any kind of "hold" over their parents/guardians, they'll pretty much do whatever the <BLEEP> they want whist threatening to tell LEO (etc.) about the parents' activities - and then will often end up following through on that threat.

But the main reason is that children's brains are still developing, in the physical sense, and in the mental/emotional sense, they're still learning how to think, in many ways. Most people... They understand the concept of working for a period of time and then getting paid. Of starting a project, and sticking with it until they finish. Of setting a goal, and accomplishing it. F*ck, there are even some people left who are capable of grasping that whole "marriage" concept, and understanding that every single second of every single day isn't going to feel like a <BLEEPING> orgasm.

But a person kind of has to have learned that. Drugs are "instant-gratification" things. Life is "long term gratification" (so to speak). Introducing them to the one makes learning the other... significantly more difficult, on average. And the other... is one of the main things that separates us from all the other animals. . . .
Hey there tortured - just a note to let you know I don’t believe any one of us were advocating the use of any drug with our kids. Just voicing what we are currently experiencing in the world of legalization. I want to raise this generation (my 8 year old) without the negative connotation I felt being a smoker and raising kids, some 25 years ago. . Flowers have helped my family in so many ways, from Alzheimer’s to anxiety to arthritis, that I want everybody to respect and not judge it’s use, especially my granddaughter.

Do you have a grow journal with all the trials and tribulations you have encountered in setting up your business. I am sure it would be a great read to those of us dancing around the idea!

Any other parents out there who smoke?

Do you experience judgement from family or friends, even if you're responsible about it?

Do you plan on hiding it from the kids or keeping an open dialogue?

Asking as a toker and new grower and parent of the most damn good looking baby boy this side of the Mississippi.

Yes.... I dont talk to my family (just my wife n son) ..... Friends - dont need them..... Wife and son are ok with growing and my smoking, neither of them partake... I waited till rec. cannabis was legal before I began enjoying again (was 15yrs thc free).... Now all is ok, just wish I had some time off work when weather was nice so i could do some yard work and burn a fatty out in the sun.

Well said. I grew up in small town Hawaii and it was pretty damn normal for pakalolo to be around so as kids we really didn’t think much of it. My parents didn’t smoke but I had aunts and uncles that did. I don’t think my parents ever actually talked to me about drugs haha I don’t think they felt they needed too.. I do however remember them instilling in me to just be a good human being and treat people with compassion and aloha.

In my teens I had friends who smoked and friends who didn’t and no one really cared either way. I was one of the ones that smoked but usually incorporated with a activity like surfing, free diving, fishing being outdoors. Really wasn’t a big deal.. one of us would roll up and we would pass it around.

I’m a daddy now to two kids. Best title I ever had in life. I don’t smoke around them. It’s not necessary so why do it. They know I grow but in reality they also see me grow all kinds of other plants in our garden including vegetables and flowers. My daughter asks me why I don’t put the plants I have in the house outside and my honest response is the bugs will eat them up and the rain will make them have mildew. Something she is familiar with because we have had a bunch of powdery mildew on our tomatoes and Anaheim chili’s this year.

Glad I found this thread. All great points made. Much respect to you all.

Sunny :peace:

Back
Top Bottom