Paulwall's First Grow Ever

paulwall

Hey guys im starting this thread for my first grow. I have the 10 gallon sterilight after searching for it for days. I have 6 3.75 inch net pots with 3 inch rockwool. two 14 inch airstones and a 185 pump. My 5 wonder women, 5 snow white and 5 random seeds should be here sometime next week they were on transit thursday. I'me gonna put 2 from each in the tub then maybe get another tub if all the plants grow well. I have a 4 * 4 * 6.5 foot tent and a 400w hps. Im gonna keep this journal updated and hope you guys can help me along to a succesful first grow.

What's up PW. Welcome to the site, I'm new here as well. These Deep Water Culture on this site are really good at what they do, and they will give you excellent advice. Post up some pic when you get a chance. :peace:

+ rep to get you started.

Hey guys still here, finally fixed up my camera and should have some pics of the set up tomarow some time. As for the seeds i am still waiting for them. I would like to put it out there that roseman your tutorials are the ones which inspired me to start my first grow with some bubbles. Thanks for all the help and hopefully the seed ferry will deliver tomarow.

Hey guys still here, finally fixed up my camera and should have some pics of the set up tomarow some time. As for the seeds i am still waiting for them. I would like to put it out there that roseman your tutorials are the ones which inspired me to start my first grow with some bubbles. Thanks for all the help and hopefully the seed ferry will deliver tomarow.

I',m always glad to help, bro.

Please consider voting for me in the Member of the Month Contest.

Seeds came in with 9 freebies. I just have a quick question for you guys. I was wondering which way would you recomend germinating the seeds. I just recieved them last night and was wondering weather to place them directly in the rockwool and let them germinate in the soaked rockwool or to germinate them in a shot glass or papertowel?

Hey, Im a first time grower here too, Im on day 36 with mine, I had good luck germinating mine with a paper towel. I folded one up in fourths, soaked it in PH'd water, and squeezed out most of the water, then after soaking my seeds in a glass of water overnite, I put the seeds in the towel, in a ziplock baggie, blew it up a little, and placed it on an old cable box in my rolltop desk so it would be dark, about 2-3 days, all had sprouted, then I used some tweezers and put em in the rockwool. Probably the biggest problem you are going to have is patience, you'll want it all to happen right now, and it seems like it is taking forever, but it isnt really! Good luck!:welcome:

Seeds came in with 9 freebies. I just have a quick question for you guys. I was wondering which way would you recomend germinating the seeds. I just recieved them last night and was wondering weather to place them directly in the rockwool and let them germinate in the soaked rockwool or to germinate them in a shot glass or papertowel?

I put my seeds in a coffee cup covered with ph ballanced water left them in the kitchen cabinet for 24 hours. Then when my system is set up with the rockwool cubes soaking in ph ballanced water for at least 4 - 8 hours then i insert the seeds into the cubes making sure to take offf the plastic then put them into the cups and Wait for sprout look for those babies to pop my came up in 12 hours. :welcome:

I finally took a couple pictures but i am having troubles uploading them. Anyways, can my rockwool be to wet? I have set the pump to release at like a dribble of water rather than a stream. still nothing shooting up but we'll see later on in the day.:peace:

when they pop hit them with lights i waited till they all poped and wound up stretching my ladies
IMG_002310.JPG

I finally took a couple pictures but i am having troubles uploading them. Anyways, can my rockwool be to wet? I have set the pump to release at like a dribble of water rather than a stream. still nothing shooting up but we'll see later on in the day.:peace:

Sounds like your on track man. You don't want the rockwool to be "soggy", it should be holding some oxygen in there too. Good luck, hope you see babies soon!:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom