perlite plus the start of my third grow

BigSmoker1275

First grow was an experiment and still going strong. The medium is soil and sunshine mix.
IMG_20150406_193716548.jpg

I have three seedlings in I want to say a 2 quart pots. I would like to transfer them to straight perlite but not sure if that would work out. Do y'all have any ideas on this?

Next I would like to start atleast one or two need plants in straight perlite. But I'm not sure how to plant the germinated seeds in the perlite. That's my second question. Other than that everything is fine in my world of plants. Besides I have one sansi kush that only grew four main fan leaves with very minimum under growth her twin and my other six white widow have taken off. Anyone have any ideas why she is slacking? All of them have had the same treatment.

Re: perlite plus the start of my third grow....

Grower Peyton Manning can help you with perlite grows, he uses all perlite hempy I believe.

I would start seeds in a 2" rockwool cube, and then plant them in the perlite when they have 3-4 sets of leaves and 3"-6" roots out the bottom of rockwool.

That's who I was thinking about and is rockwool expensive?

Are the seedlings rooted good? How old exactly? My seeds start in rapid rooters or jiffy pellets, but if it's got a decent set of established roots, then you can transplant into straight perlite. I root and grow all my clones in perlite.

Going on their second week... 3 set leaves now. I was thinking about waiting another two to three weeks then transplant into straight perlite. But there rooted in soil right now.

I'd give them about a week and they should be ready to go. I'd recommend looking into getting mykos if you plan to do more growing in perlite, it's like adding steroids

Back
Top Bottom