PH 7.0-7.3 - how to reduce?

smurfette

Week 2 of vegetative growth... wondering if I'm experiencing Mag def due to 'lock-out' already. How can I bring soil PH down to 6.0-6.5 & maintain...? :Namaste:

your best bet, is mix your soil with Dolomite Lime, it will keep your soil neutral. Then adjust your water everytime to 6ph. and you shouldnt have issues.

Do you have a grow journal here with more details? It would be helpful in assisting you because then we would know what type of nutrients, soil's, additives etc you are using...

I believe in another post you mentioned you are doing organic, so I will help you with that in mind...

usually with organics, the soil ph will creep up when N is being used up in the soil.. negative ion's start building up in the soil...(salts) and raising your ph

....so.....

A good old flush with R/O or distilled water will help bring your PH back within range, but make sure the ph of the water is also in the right range (6.5ph) You can use lemon juice as a ph down. You want to use 2x-3x water per the amount of soil...so if you have 3 gallon pots, ideally you want 6-9 gallons of water to run thru them... Ive found you can usually get away with 2x, but helps to have a ppm meter to read the run off...

You also can add some myco's and benificial bacteria to your soil, which will help stabilize the ph as well as help break down the organic materials faster... You also can brew up a mean "compost tea" after the flush to help replenish your bennies :) and your plants will literally whisper "thank you".

Hi nibec, thanks for your reply post. where can I Dolomite Lime? And what does it do / how does it work? And how do I know how much to use? I'm going to read 420's info about grow journals now & see if I can upload some photos etc now I've changed my proxy settings...

Hey smurf...dolomite lime is everywhere ......also know as Garden Lime....sold at every retail store on the planet...

You know when you soil is extremely alkiline...you can use a tad bit lemon juice in the watering.....too....word

Back
Top Bottom