PH: Biocanna Bioterra Plus

freedom8976

Hey guys, I am having trouble with my grow and my plants are most likely suffering from nutrient lockout, manganese possibly. I use the biocanna bioterra medium that consists of peat and coco but i can't find anywhere the correct Ph that i should be watering at, maybe someone could help.
This is the current situation after defoliating dead burned yellow leaves. What's left does not look that healthy either. The plant though is starting to create buds and turning white hairs into brown.
Still no trichomes at all and no smell.
At the moment the medium is bone dry, so i don't have to let her dry out. The droop is caused by different a reason.
Thx:D
IMG_20210406_161318416.jpg
IMG_20210410_114200508.jpg
IMG_20210410_114223807.jpg

Hey guys, I am having trouble with my grow and my plants are most likely suffering from nutrient lockout, manganese possibly. I use the biocanna bioterra medium that consists of peat and coco but i can't find anywhere the correct Ph that i should be watering at, maybe someone could help.
This is the current situation after defoliating dead burned yellow leaves. What's left does not look that healthy either. The plant though is starting to create buds and turning white hairs into brown.
Still no trichomes at all and no smell.
At the moment the medium is bone dry, so i don't have to let her dry out. The droop is caused by different a reason.
Thx:D
IMG_20210406_161318416.jpg
IMG_20210410_114200508.jpg
IMG_20210410_114223807.jpg
Cute girls Welcome to 420magazine my friend.
5.8 is your sweet spot. It's hydroponic no soil in pots.
I would try flushing the pots and refeed at 5.8 ph.
Bill

i use straight tap water at 6.8-7 ph for my grows. i also dont let my pots get bone dry.
that is an organic mix as far as i know this is my first grow with that medium too and i’m not that far into it yet so i cannot say for sure but usually coco needs to stay moist at all times otherwise you will run into lock out problems.
in true organics ph really doesnt matter much as long as the “soil” is moist and have thriving colonies of microbes plant will find food to eat.
are you using just water or some nutrients too? how long has it been since you transplanted into these pots?

Ditto on Bill284 soilless mix so hydro rules apply. Adjust ph to 5.8. Not a fan of the bastardized half soil, half soilless mixes, pre-nuted, tastes great - less filling, grows picture perfect plants yada yada.

What kind of floor is under your tent? Concrete or tile are both really bad for causing cold feet. A covered or indoor concrete slab stays around 55 degreees all year long. When you lift the grow bag out - is there a wet spot underneath? Girls don’t like to sit in a wet puddle....lay a hygrometer on the tent floor wait 10 minutes and take a reading. Elevate your tent on a pallet, then raise your girls above the tent floor, get an oven rack, grill grate or wire closet rack to raise the chicks up. The floor is coldest point in any room or tent, just as near the ceiling is the warmest point.

below is copied from their marketing spiel..... guess what - it ain’t working!!! I do recognize her tent mates are prolly doing just fine tho

BIOCANNA Bio Terra Plus only contains organic fertilizers of plant origin, which are released according to the needs of the plant. Thus, the plant always has the optimal amount of nutrition. With this simple but effective system, less- experienced growers can also achieve great results using BIOCANNA Bio Terra Plus.

BIOCANNA Bio Terra Plus is a reduced peat potting blend, the best white peat, coco coir, and organic bases without any materials of an animal origin. Coco coir offers a solution as a sustainable alternative to peat. Combining the exceptional physical properties of high-quality white peat with our highest grade of coco coir has proven to be a solution that provides an ideal substrate for your plant.

The unsteamed coco fiber used in the mix provides the correct physical structure, allowing the roots to form beneficial relationships with their physical environment. Bio Terra Plus provides a well-balanced nitrogen ratio. Extended liming provides the optimal pH environment for a longer time period. An increased water-holding capacity and improved drainage properties ensure a well-aerated substrate for faster rooting. It also aids in reducing nitrate leaching with water drainage and helps keep essential minerals available for plants.

Natural and easy​

BIOCANNA Bio Terra Plus provides a continuous release of nutrients for the first 4-6 weeks, depending on the type of crop grown. Furthermore, it provides a stable and predictable soil pH level from start to finish. A stable pH ensures that nutrients are more evenly available for the plants. BIOCANNA Bio Terra Plus assists you throughout the entire growing cycle:

• Plant-based natural blend
  • Provides the optimum root environment for the best plant health, quality, and vitality
  • Contains coco fiber to provide an ideal structure
  • Stable and predictable soil pH from start to finish
  • Increases water-holding capacity

Thx guys,
If i understand correctly i should ph my water at 5.8 and treat this as a hydroponic grow. Today i watered the plant because the pot had dried out, i fed 4ml biogrow and 4ml biobloom in 4lt of water, i didn't use ph+ and fed at 5.1Ph that the solution ended up after putting in the ferts.
I did that because the runoff water the previous time was 7.2Ph. This time it measured at 6.6. Should i keep doing so until i get a runoff of 5.8 or just stick with 5.8 and let it settle?
Also should i up my dosage of ferts?

I have also used palm tree ash, that i suspect has caused the problems, so i won't continue doing so and also have top dressed with bat guano that in another forum people told me that it is useless with my coco/peat medium.

The floor under my tent is tiles and i cannot do any mods atm. I have an air heater to keep the temperature high that causes heat stress to my girls, i can tell by the capping of some leaves. How bad does this affects them, is it minor?

I have one more plant growing with this soil and 50 more lts of it, so two more plants that is. I have to learn how to use it :D But i won't buy it again for sure, it is my first grow and "canna" led me to the decision as it could be more specific to my subject :ganjamon:
When should trichomes appear btw?

This guy suggests 6.0-6.4 Ph for Coco, plus their activera supplement to help assimilate nutes. This is getting ridiculous so much contradicting info.

Back
Top Bottom