PH dropping hard

kentboy1296

6/12/19 week 13 day 5 (day 39 flower)
WW EC 1.00 ph 5.8
SSH EC .88 ph 6.0
Been on top of ph coming in 3 times a day not letting the ph of ww go below 5.5 until i figure out why its dropping so drastically. Not gonna mess with the ssh as things are good with her adjusting the ww through
WW EC .80 ph 6.1
SSH EC .88 ph 6.0
Humidity 47%
Air temp 72°- 79°f
Water temp 67°- 73°f
Got a 6in exaust fan and 4in intake fan and air conditioning
5ft by 5ft by 7ft tent
Using general hydroponics flora trio with liquid koolbloom, gh calimagic, botanicare silica blast hydrogaurd and z7 (using tap water, comes out at .29 ec)
600 watt hps (on super lumens) about 23in from canopy

The last pics i posted were from yesterday

Anybody know why my ph is dropping so drastically in my WW? (not SSH)

I might add bout three weeks back i was out of town over night and the power went off for about 5 to 6 hours (no bubbles to roots) my roots were pearly white and now they are light creamy white (no slime though)

Well, the fact that you're not observing this thing in the reservoir right beside the one with the issue tells me that it's not a miscalibrated pH meter or the result of EMI/RFI playing havoc with it.

First thing I wonder if the solution in my sterile reservoir starts tanking... is whether it's no longer sterile :rolleyes: . A relatively healthy-appearing root zone is indicative that this isn't the case here - but it's not proof. Are you regularly supplementing with H₂O₂ (hydrogen peroxide)? When I started adding it to my reservoirs every day, I stopped having "microbial issues."

Other possibilities that I can think of right off the top of my head are: The pH adjuster that you're using (if any) isn't providing a stable adjustment but, instead, merely a temporary one. That also seems somewhat unlikely (I'm assuming that, whatever you use, you use the same product for both plants). Another thing... I had the best "luck" and generally most stable situations when I use 20- to 23-gallon reservoirs in my DWC setups (but I was trying to fill screens eight square feet in area per plant, so I was growing relatively large plants), and have often wondered about the stability of things when people tried to grow sizeable plants in small (5-gallon bucket) reservoirs.

How much water is the White Widow consuming/transpiring per 24 hours? If the plant is going through water at a significantly higher rate than it is going through nutrients, then the result will be that the nutrient concentration in the solution is skyrocketing - and that will, of course, have an effect on things.

Where's that "what it means when the pH, EC, and water level are changing in the various possible ways" chart... <CHECKS BOOKMARKS> Crap, I thought I had the link saved. Doggone it! (Memoria non existit, lol.) Well, it has been posted here on the forum multiple times, maybe you can find it. It tells you what such changes generally indicate, and would likely be helpful.

I searched through 10,000+ links in my browser bookmarks, found three broken links :rolleyes:, decided to hunt down another copy from the Internet... and finally found one. I hope this helps:
full

im going to guess that those are single buckets meaning they are not connected together ?

Well, the fact that you're not observing this thing in the reservoir right beside the one with the issue tells me that it's not a miscalibrated pH meter or the result of EMI/RFI playing havoc with it.

First thing I wonder if the solution in my sterile reservoir starts tanking... is whether it's no longer sterile :rolleyes: . A relatively healthy-appearing root zone is indicative that this isn't the case here - but it's not proof. Are you regularly supplementing with H₂O₂ (hydrogen peroxide)? When I started adding it to my reservoirs every day, I stopped having "microbial issues."

Other possibilities that I can think of right off the top of my head are: The pH adjuster that you're using (if any) isn't providing a stable adjustment but, instead, merely a temporary one. That also seems somewhat unlikely (I'm assuming that, whatever you use, you use the same product for both plants). Another thing... I had the best "luck" and generally most stable situations when I use 20- to 23-gallon reservoirs in my DWC setups (but I was trying to fill screens eight square feet in area per plant, so I was growing relatively large plants), and have often wondered about the stability of things when people tried to grow sizeable plants in small (5-gallon bucket) reservoirs.

How much water is the White Widow consuming/transpiring per 24 hours? If the plant is going through water at a significantly higher rate than it is going through nutrients, then the result will be that the nutrient concentration in the solution is skyrocketing - and that will, of course, have an effect on things.

Where's that "what it means when the pH, EC, and water level are changing in the various possible ways" chart... <CHECKS BOOKMARKS> Crap, I thought I had the link saved. Doggone it! (Memoria non existit, lol.) Well, it has been posted here on the forum multiple times, maybe you can find it. It tells you what such changes generally indicate, and would likely be helpful.
Im running beneficials like hydrogaurd and enzymes like z7... but the WW is drinking WAAYYYY more than the SSH she drinks 2.5 gal a day to the SSH 1 gal a day and the EC has been sky rocketing as well, been trying to lower ec till it starts dropping again, will be dropping to .70 tomorrow and if ph is still falling and ec still rising and if problems still arise i will be running just tap water and h202 (to clean up any nasties) and then on res change day re introduce my beneficial bacteria (hydrogaurd) and enzyme cleaner (z7)

Could that possibly be the issue? Drinking sooo much that ec is skyrocketing making the solution acidic?

And i do know the chart u are talking about where it talks about static rising and falling ph and ec

Back
Top Bottom