PH in Fox Farm soil

I live in Michigan and have well water the water is really not very good I was using distilled water I'm a switch over to bottled spring
It's going to get expensive. You may want to look into an RO system. Aquatic Life RO buddie is a good choice. It's around $50.

Fox farm soil pH is between 6.3-6.8.

Here is a map of hard water areas on the US. if you are in the lighter areas you may be able to use your tap.
View media item 1751094
Let me know if you aren't in the US. I can probably dig up a map for your area.
Thanks for the info. Tap water here in NW Ohio is 8.5PH. I use PH Down and take it to 6.o to 6.5 for my northern lights 2 month old clones. All seems fine.

Hi guys I am a first-time grower and I am getting ready to use Fox Farms Happy Frog. Would it be okay to use spring water from a bottle or distilled ? My other question is using the cheap prong meters are they accurate at testing the pH of the soil

You may use the water aforementioned. Additionally, several suggestions have been made regarding FFOF and to not pH. Failure to pH adjust appropriately, even in FFOF can result in undesirable stress upon the plants.

This mistake was recently made and was a reminder to never work in a hurry when it comes to your garden.

The plants did recover, however the effect was noticeable in terms of the plants stress for a day or so.

Everyone has different experiences, these are of recent.

welcome to the journal section christopher. i'm not following. Your using ffof, with distilled water and you had issues. Ottor mentioned that calmag is needed if using distilled water. I don't think your plant issue was the ph of water, but rather missing a mineral that the plant needed. perhaps few pictures in natural light would give us better understanding.

With regards to your light question. I use mars TS1000 and SP3000. the SP is adjustable light intensity vs ts dosnt. i think, @SmokeSara can correct me if im wrong. I would look into the site sponsor section and use the coupan code 420magazine :Rasta:One thing you want to take note of is the amount of Lux/par the light has. regardless if its Budget or Mars-hydro. also look into some of journals as there are enough members that use either or.
2020-10-20 10.08.16-1.jpg

really, i wonder why mine doesn't?? :(
How long ago did you get it?
Mine is less than 6 months old. They may have added that feature later on.

How long ago did you get it?
Mine is less than 6 months old. They may have added that feature later on.
i've got it about same time. I think i purchased the last model from amazon due to certain reasons.

i've got it about same time. I think i purchased the last model from amazon due to certain reasons.
Could be older stock from the warehouse.
I got mine from Mars Hydro directly.
I asked for a dimmable fixture specifically. I believe the newer TS1000 all have it now.
I think that the TS600 and the SP150 are not dimmable and for the most part the rest of their newer stuff is.

Could be older stock from the warehouse.
I got mine from Mars Hydro directly.
I asked for a dimmable fixture specifically. I believe the newer TS1000 all have it now.
ya, its too bad they don't accept credit cards or e-transfers. The method of payments are not my fav and .....

unless I’m too far out in left field the new similar threads feature is helping to generate grave digs of old posts.... cant find christopherbennett
thats funny, you are right. Thats a tread that came up from feb 2020 and i just noticed that. @420 @Renee Roberts this is the second time that old threads are coming up.

Back
Top Bottom