ph meters

grizzly3327

does anybody know a good ph meter or pen you could recommend for around 90$.i have a bluelab truncheon that iam very happy with but need ph meter:thanks:

I use this one: Amazon - Oakton Waterproof EcoTestr pH1, I'm not saying buy from Amazon, just an example.

1667446528037.png

I have used this one for a year now with no problems. It's always stayed right on calibration.

Hope this helps!

I wouldn't be surprised if most of the the circuit boards and probes inside the meters all come from the same factory in china...just in different colored shells with different names on the outside.

for a lil les than 65 you can get a milwaukee ph56 which is about the meter your gonna find for the price imho... waterproof, has atc, replaceable probe...

Here's one, a ph meter priced the same as most pens. Get more for your money! Nutradip pH meter

That looks like a decent meter. Might I suggest you consider carrying the Milwaukee pH600 for the extremely budget-limited and new growers wishing to try the hobby without spending too much right off the bat? It's "disposable" (non-replaceable probe) and only has single-point manual calibration and only has an accuracy of +/- .1, but I've seen it under $30 (occasionally well under $30 but I don't know what a fair price would be) and the one I had worked fine. I prefer Milwaukee's pH56 myself because it's more accurate, has a replaceable probe, has ATC - and temperature display - and "automatic" two-point calibration, but if it failed the next time I tried to use it <~TS~ KNOCKS ON WOOD, lol>, I would have no qualms about buying the pH600 while I saved the $65-$75 for the pH56. Why... A store that sold both could wind up selling me both if I needed to replace my '56.

Anyway, thanks again for participating in our forums. It's always great to see a sponsor that can discuss his/her products and who doesn't mind helping the members with questions. :thumb:

I use Weipro ph controller which I got from HK together with a dosing pump for ~$130 shipped. So far- so good. Not much more expensive, but remember - this is 24/7 monitoring/adjusting down as needed system! It makes a big difference with my ph anxiety I previously had.

Where I saved some money -was the blue TDS meter which I use manually when mixing and don't feel the need to constantly monitor it. It was only $15.

So yeah, $150 for a hydro solution peace of mind is on the cheaper side of the spectrum. I am so grateful this picky ph can be dialed the way I want it without much effort at all

Back
Top Bottom