PH perfect Sensi coco A + B is it bullshit?

Seaweed Farms

So I'm growing in Coco. I have a res that waters for me. It's water to waste, not recycling. I was wondering if there is merit to the PH perfect aspect of this nutrient line. I'm having the hardest time keeping my pH under control. I can't be at home to water every day so I need this automatic system. My res consists of an air stone with a pump and a 170gph water pump. I was using GH coco A+B which is fine but I have to adjust the pH every day, which isn't feasible for me.

I use a ph one from advance nutes and its crazy how it chances the ph i put vinegar in after to test ph and should dropped to 4 only went to 5.9 and rose back up to 6.5 which is perfect for me

Autoflower420

My experience has been...

If mixed at full strength, it will balance to about 6.0. It will hold for about 48hrs and start to climb. Three points..

1) I used tap water.. ppm around 70 and PH around 8 out of the tap
2) I also mixed in the supplements b52, voodoo, big bud, etc..
3) I never added an air stone.

This climbing PH thing is exactly why I won't try DWC (although I really want to). Let me know if you figure it out. Good luck!

My experience has been...

If mixed at full strength, it will balance to about 6.0. It will hold for about 48hrs and start to climb. Three points..

1) I used tap water.. ppm around 70 and PH around 8 out of the tap
2) I also mixed in the supplements b52, voodoo, big bud, etc..
3) I never added an air stone.

This climbing PH thing is exactly why I won't try DWC (although I really want to). Let me know if you figure it out. Good luck!
Hypothetically if those supplements adjust pH or are pH perfect and not meant for coco specifically, I could see it raising the pH. I'm looking for only a part A+B right this second. I read a ton about how a lot of those supplements are fluff and expensive and dont really make too much of a difference in the end. But I don't know for sure because I've never used them.

Thanks for the input :D

Sent from my Pixel using 420 Magazine Mobile App

They are all in the PH perfect line from Advanced. It is a great line of nutrients, it just won't hold PH for more than a couple of days for me. Are you using RO water? You could also try light proofing the res. That combined with the air stone should help buy a few more days.

I forget if it's A or B, but one of them smells just like Molasses. Definitely a live environment anyway so adding sterile reservoir stabilizers won't help. Might want to try some different beneficial bacteria. Again, my conclusion was to try and do all the things people do in DWC (lower temps, air, etc..) will buy some more time.

They are all in the PH perfect line from Advanced. It is a great line of nutrients, it just won't hold PH for more than a couple of days for me. Are you using RO water? You could also try light proofing the res. That combined with the air stone should help buy a few more days.

I forget if it's A or B, but one of them smells just like Molasses. Definitely a live environment anyway so adding sterile reservoir stabilizers won't help. Might want to try some different beneficial bacteria. Again, my conclusion was to try and do all the things people do in DWC (lower temps, air, etc..) will buy some more time.
Is pH perfect the same for all the nutrients? It shouldn't be...DWC you would want 5.5, coco 5.8-6, and 6.5 for soil.

Also I use tap water but I'm moving towards RO when I have a better setup for it.

Hypothetically if those supplements adjust pH or are pH perfect and not meant for coco specifically, I could see it raising the pH. I'm looking for only a part A+B right this second. I read a ton about how a lot of those supplements are fluff and expensive and dont really make too much of a difference in the end. But I don't know for sure because I've never used them.

Thanks for the input :D

Check advanced nutes range out

Autoflower420

I use AN in DWC and i havent gone over half strength yet. Using RO water at 7.0ph, half strength nutes and additives put my ph right at 5.8 and through the week they will bounce around between 5.6 and 6.1 which is great for absorption of different nutrients. What i understand about AN though is that they are chelated so that all the different elements and minerals,etc, absorb better at a wider range of ph.
There are a few companies that use chelated nutrients that i know of but i do prefer AN. I've had good success with them and the local hydro shop has them at pretty affordable prices. Some of their additives are good too and some are just overpriced and unnecessary imo.

I use AN in DWC and i havent gone over half strength yet. Using RO water at 7.0ph, half strength nutes and additives put my ph right at 5.8 and through the week they will bounce around between 5.6 and 6.1 which is great for absorption of different nutrients. What i understand about AN though is that they are chelated so that all the different elements and minerals,etc, absorb better at a wider range of ph.
There are a few companies that use chelated nutrients that i know of but i do prefer AN. I've had good success with them and the local hydro shop has them at pretty affordable prices. Some of their additives are good too and some are just overpriced and unnecessary imo.
This reopens my dilemma which is to pH perfect or not to pH perfect lol

Separately, do you ever have problems with your air stone raising your pH too much?

I think it will be worth it to at least try the coco a+b 1L bottles

Yeah, they stand behind their product. Ive called customer support twice and got good help both times.
You really cant go wrong with their base nutes and you can grow almost strictly with them but calmag and at least a bloom booster will help significantly ime. I use Big Bud, Hammerhead and overdrive for boosters. Only things i use not part of ANs line are great white and the enzymes i prefer.

Back
Top Bottom