PH problem with Fox Farm soil & Advanced Nutrients

trevorgoth

420 Member
Im not exactly a noob but I do occassionally have problems with my grows. So I used General Hydroponics complete line for my 1st and 2nd years, Then I used Fox Farm Dirty Dozen and occassionally General Organics for a bit. Well I recently switched to Advanced Nutrients(complete line and all additives)and now it seems I have developed a PH problem. I think that the PH fluctuates because FF Soil is Ph adjusted and Advanced Nutrients is actually meant to be used in hydro and not soil. I dont actually know if this is the problem but if someone here could give me a bit of guidance or some grow wisdome would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance all :thanks:

Im not exactly a noob but I do occassionally have problems with my grows. So I used General Hydroponics complete line for my 1st and 2nd years, Then I used Fox Farm Dirty Dozen and occassionally General Organics for a bit. Well I recently switched to Advanced Nutrients(complete line and all additives)and now it seems I have developed a PH problem. I think that the PH fluctuates because FF Soil is Ph adjusted and Advanced Nutrients is actually meant to be used in hydro and not soil. I dont actually know if this is the problem but if someone here could give me a bit of guidance or some grow wisdome would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance all :thanks:
Just an idea but, why don't you use the fox farms nutrients that are made for the fox farms soil :hmmmm: it kinda sounds like the hydro nutes aren't strong enough...maybe up the dose and watch the tips of your leaves for burn :thumb::goodluck:

Yes Chris I have PH'd the soil and its always perfect until I add Advanced Nutrients
If you're going to PH anything, PH your water/nutrients to 6.3
I dont see any major problem only yellowing leaves during vegative weeks
I'm using FFOF with the FF trio nutrient line right now and I haven't PHed a thing the whole grow :rofl: and my girls seem okay

Don't worry about your soil's pH as long as you are watering to at least a 20% run-off. FFOF self-buffers so it takes care of pH swings from nutes. If your girls look good, I would not worry; just use your nutes per their instructions and you should be OK.

When I used the ANutrients I used them at 100% in the hp promix . Only 50% AN in hydro ! The ph perfect is going in that soil at 5.6 ph !

Like mentioned, pH of the soil is not relevant, the water and nutes in is

I've used the AN line, and Fox Farm, so probably not the nutes causing any issues unless you give them more than they want

Plus Fox Farm soil doesn't need nutes added for 4-6 weeks ish, including up potting

Good luck bud

Maybe I missed it but are you Ph ing your water/neuts after mixing? And before feeding?This is critical. Have used FFOF and their treo neuts if ph ed before to about 6.5 (sweet spot) you should have no ph problems. That soil is ph balanced. Just ph going in and you should have no trouble. BTW what ph devise are you using?

Ditto on not needing neuts. As long as you dont over water and "wash out" the neuts in the soil, 4 to 6 weeks of grow they won't need any neuts as that soil is jam packed with nutrients. Get a TDS meter and water to light run off and test TDS when it gets down to u der 1000 start with the neuts. That's how I have been taught.

I experienced this same issue with the Advanced Nutrients line in FFOF. The PH will always fall to mid 5's. You can reverse this very easily.

Flush your soil with PH'd 6.5 RO water, and replace the Advanced Nutrients with something you're familiar with.

I personally used FF Big Bloom exclusively on my last organic grow, and me ladies turned out swell!
20190910_155808.jpg

Back
Top Bottom