PH Problems - Need Help - Pics

Re: PH PROBLEMS NEED HELP (Pics)

Ok that must have been the problem, it was at 14" moved it to about 17' ill move it up a lil more, thanks.

Very interested to see how this turns out for you.
I think I have nearly destroyed 4 of my plants in the late stage of flowering with the same symptoms/leaf issues you have.
I was not getting any replies in my journal so I have sort of abandoned it but will definitely keep an eye on what you have going on here for reference..

I've been gone for a few days, i had to work in vegas,but i will be back tomm and ill be able to check them out. I've had my girl taking care of them for me but she doesnt know much about growing so hopefully all is well

I just checked them out last night, we had some watering misunderstandings so they are not so well but nothing that will kill them. Im still having problems with the same little problematic one but nothing too serious I'm just going to let it live and get a crappy half ounce or so, but its better than nothing. Quick question though, my girl watered without nutes for about 6 days and I'm entering week 4 in flower while previously only adding about a quarter strength nute solution one day before I let her take over. Can her not providing nutes for about a week cause the plants to look as if they have nute burn?

no not really what happens is the plant will find any nutes it can get out of the soil as well as anything stored up. she basiclly gave them a good flush thats the way you can think of it. i water nut water nut water again to ensure no salt build up. i like to flush about the same time. so that when i give the ladies full stregth i have no worries about having salts build up. Just be sure to watch the nitro intake i. I notice plants like a lil morw nitro after the flush, but provide this within reason.

AND hey at least you came home and they still going.i read about people leaving thier plants with friend relitives and roomates and it always ends upin disaster. so show some extra loving to the lady.

Yeah I am definitely greatfull, I didn't expect for them to be 100% I am still learning as I go so I didn't expect her to do any better. But she kept them alive and at the end that is all that counts. I am looking at other pics and I am thinking I might have a calcium deficiency but I am not sure, I'll feed them some nutes and see how they do, I think I might start a jornal with the new clones I'm about to take from the L.A. Conf and Master but they arent doing as good as I would like them to so I think imma give them a few days of tlc before I cut them down.

Hey Happy Grass,
Just a word of wisdom from my limited end.
I chased the "nutrient" condition around for weeks, posting pics and getting ideas, acting on those ideas and basically trying everything under the sun.
At the end of the day, I feel like I am going to be lucky to get away with some decent bud that does not taste like shit hopefully.

I strongly believe now that because of the size of my containers (aprox 3 gallon) that I totally over fed them, even though I used the water/nute/water/nute/water/nute pattern as soon as I switched them to 12/12.

Prior to that, all I fed them was Grow Big, but once they went 12/12 I spent over $200.00 on nutrients, basically everything Fox Farms has to offer, and started in on the schedule Fox Farms publishes on their web site.

For the first 3 0r 4 weeks into flowering, everything was bitchen, they were growing huge, insanely healthy looking (have a look at my journal) and all was well.

Then all of a sudden, bang! shit started to go wrong, leaves started dying, first one plant then another and another until now 6 or so weeks into flowering all but one of my plants is affected.

I flushed first with plain water, running at least 5 gallons through each plant thinking that was the answer, then I started right back in with the water/nute pattern instead of sticking with plain water for a week or so to see if they improved.

Problem with that was that they never did recover really, as more and more leaves continued to brown and die off.

Then last week, I did a full flush using a flushing agent called "Clearex" as prescribed, hoping for the best from here on out.

Bottom line is I now believe that I way over fed these poor things, yet they are still producing huge buds and my final yield will be impressive for a first time indoor grow so I am happy with that, however the bummer is that the final product will not be nearly as pretty as I imagined it would be as all of the buds will have tell tale signs of abuse and they will be riddled with small brown leaflets even after a careful trimming session.

I strongly believe that the bag seed I used did not need the amount or frequency of feeding I subjected them too, and I also believe that the size of the container will dictate how much you can feed these things in the long run.

I am not totally disappointed since my intention was to use the majority of this crop to make tincture, oils and other edibles but I would have been really stoked to have made it through to the end with nice clean looking buds that I would be happy to share with other patients.

Anyway bro, I would seriously consider backing wayyyyyy off the nutes as I also believe that a deficiency is far easier to overcome than nute burn/lockup or nutrient induced PH issues which seem to have us chasing our tail around in circles until it is too late or we set ourselves back by 4 weeks which may be the final outcome in my case.

Let us know how you are doing.....

Cachagua:peace::peace:

Hey Happy Grass,
Just a word of wisdom from my limited end.
I chased the "nutrient" condition around for weeks, posting pics and getting ideas, acting on those ideas and basically trying everything under the sun.
At the end of the day, I feel like I am going to be lucky to get away with some decent bud that does not taste like shit hopefully.

I strongly believe now that because of the size of my containers (aprox 3 gallon) that I totally over fed them, even though I used the water/nute/water/nute/water/nute pattern as soon as I switched them to 12/12.

Prior to that, all I fed them was Grow Big, but once they went 12/12 I spent over $200.00 on nutrients, basically everything Fox Farms has to offer, and started in on the schedule Fox Farms publishes on their web site.

For the first 3 0r 4 weeks into flowering, everything was bitchen, they were growing huge, insanely healthy looking (have a look at my journal) and all was well.

Then all of a sudden, bang! shit started to go wrong, leaves started dying, first one plant then another and another until now 6 or so weeks into flowering all but one of my plants is affected.

I flushed first with plain water, running at least 5 gallons through each plant thinking that was the answer, then I started right back in with the water/nute pattern instead of sticking with plain water for a week or so to see if they improved.

Problem with that was that they never did recover really, as more and more leaves continued to brown and die off.

Then last week, I did a full flush using a flushing agent called "Clearex" as prescribed, hoping for the best from here on out.

Bottom line is I now believe that I way over fed these poor things, yet they are still producing huge buds and my final yield will be impressive for a first time indoor grow so I am happy with that, however the bummer is that the final product will not be nearly as pretty as I imagined it would be as all of the buds will have tell tale signs of abuse and they will be riddled with small brown leaflets even after a careful trimming session.

I strongly believe that the bag seed I used did not need the amount or frequency of feeding I subjected them too, and I also believe that the size of the container will dictate how much you can feed these things in the long run.

I am not totally disappointed since my intention was to use the majority of this crop to make tincture, oils and other edibles but I would have been really stoked to have made it through to the end with nice clean looking buds that I would be happy to share with other patients.

Anyway bro, I would seriously consider backing wayyyyyy off the nutes as I also believe that a deficiency is far easier to overcome than nute burn/lockup or nutrient induced PH issues which seem to have us chasing our tail around in circles until it is too late or we set ourselves back by 4 weeks which may be the final outcome in my case.

Let us know how you are doing.....

Cachagua:peace::peace:

Are you sure it was not part of the natural flower cycle where the fan leaves yellow then die off? By the sound of the time line it sounds like what happens naturally. Flowering nutes are low in Nitrogen as they should be and eventually the leaves start to die off. usually happens first to the larger fan leaves.

All of my plants are doing well now with the exception of two. One of them is just fucked and the other Headband is coming arround after feeding it 750 PPM of CalMag (nothing but H20 for this week). I'm a few weeks from harvesting 5 Green Craq's and 4 should be pretty damn good, I just want to save that Headband cause those nugs stank like no other. Just gave the GC's 1150 PPM of Jamaican Bat Guano, CalMag, Tiger Bloom, ChaChing, & Big Bloom. They looked like they were loving it this morning the leafs looked like they grew alot over night. Besides that everything looks good, just some small problems with my vegg but nothing too serious, oh and I forgot I saw a white fly in my grow room yesterday so that means I'm at war again. But I do have a question though, I am going to mother 2 plants do I feed them only Grow Big or do I add some Big Bloom to keep them in vegg state? What PPM should I feed?

By the way, I would like to thank all of you for all of your help, I'll post pre & post harvest pics later.

oops double post sorry

Are you sure it was not part of the natural flower cycle where the fan leaves yellow then die off? By the sound of the time line it sounds like what happens naturally. Flowering nutes are low in Nitrogen as they should be and eventually the leaves start to die off. usually happens first to the larger fan leaves.

McBudz,
Take a look at the progression in my journal, it is not that big so it wont take but a few minutes start to finish.
I think it is a nute lock up / ph issue, induced by overlapping nute levels.

If I had to guess at it that's what I think it is.

Have a peek and let me know bro, I would really appreciate it!

Check it out guys, this is the last week and this is what they came out looking like... ENJOY!

2009-09-12_23_31_56.jpg

2009-09-12_23_29_42.jpg

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/2009-09-12_23_29_07.jpg[/IMG
[B]
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR HELP[/B], this is my first grow so i will give a smoke quality update in a few weeks.

Check it out guys, this is the last week and this is what they came out looking like... ENJOY!

2009-09-12_23_31_56.jpg

2009-09-12_23_29_42.jpg

2009-09-12_23_29_07.jpg

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR HELP
, this is my first grow so i will give a smoke quality update in a few weeks.

Re: Nice recovery

I didn't individually check the runoff of all of them, but one of them was in the mid 5's. I had 4 that came out ok, hoping to get arround 1-1.5 oz each. But the GC tha I was having the most problems with died 2 weeks ago and I got about 5-6grams from it so that sucked. The headband was almost dead and I revived it to about 70-80% now. I have a Blackberry I just started flowering and I'm thinking about posting it on this months contest, she's a real beauty. Not your typical plant, more of a bush, and mostly 3 fingered leafs but she's a beast. Only 2 weeks into flowering and she has a big stem, nice foliage, and a sh!t load of bud sites. Post pics later, family members are over and they don't know about the grow. All legal in Cali, but they just don't approve.

Back
Top Bottom