pH Question

You really don't need to use boiled water, unless it has some kind of bad bacteria in it. Bottled water should be fine as is and tap water contains chlorine, which kills things like that.

I use tap water that I bubble for 48 hours to remove the chlorine. You can just let the water sit for 48 hours, stirring occasionally, and the Chlorine will evaporate. Some water districts use a type of chlorine that can't be evaporated but most don't. Check with your district or sit a small bucket out, stirring it occasionally, and check to see if you can smell chlorine in 48 hours.

Some tap water is high in ppm, depending on where you live, so you may need to filter if that is the case. Being on a budget, you could give the tap water a try on one of your plants (after you've let the chlorine evap) and see how it works.

:peace:

Harry

so is Bottled Deer Park drinking water ok then ?

some 1 told me, it wasn't recommended cuz it was "Human Drinking" but i been using it since seedling and my plant looks ok. I havent tested the ph yet cuz i dont have a meter yet but yea.....

im just trying to find out which is best between the 2. Bottled deer park or Boiled Water ?

Go to your local pool store and buy some cheap pH tester strips. It's only like 3 bucks

I use tap water, after 24 hours of evaporating and then I set the pH.

Have fun

Back
Top Bottom