PhishwithPhiv's - 600W - SCROG - WW-XTRM - AK-XTRM - Soil - 2014

Entry 24 (7/8): Eleven Weeks Old (Days 76-78)

Day 76-30: I watered WW II this morning and AK II this afternoon (tap water with ¼ tsp SuperThrive/gallon — ran 3 gallons through each and pumped out the excess).

Day 77-31: Temperatures have been in the upper 70s — lower 80s and humidity has been between 40-50. I went ahead and turned off the humidifier.

Day 78-32: Everything looks fine.

I tried to capture a picture of the leaves discolored by heat/light below:

IMG_052220.jpg

Here is the group:

IMG_052521.jpg
IMG_052619.jpg

Re: PhishwithPhiv’s 600w SCROG - WW-XTRM - AK-XTRM - Soil - 2014

Let me tell you I was getting 224g per sq meter with some questionable genetics from clones and without the scrog and they were barley that big at week 7-8! my bet is 500 minimum, that'd make me feel pretty damn good about this strain :p Good luck once again!

Entry 25 (7/12): Five Weeks Flowering (Days 79-82)

Day 79-33: Everything is looking good. I will get them feed sometime this week.

Day 80-34: Basic upkeep.

Day 81-35: Feed AK I today (15 ml Big Bloom, 10 ml Grow Big, and 10 ml Tiger Bloom/gallon).

Day 82-36: Feed WW II today (15 ml Big Bloom, 10 ml Grow Big, and 10 ml Tiger Bloom/gallon).
I'm not seeing any real problems. The tops under the bulb that got burnt a couple weeks back are still growing and there is no indication of further damage — I don't really know what to look for but the pistols do not look burnt.

The leaves are showing signs of age but I am finding fewer and fewer dead or dying ones to pull out. Under the screen looks good (not too crowded) and the canopy has thinned out a bit.

Here is the WW:

IMG_052817.jpg
IMG_053018.jpg

Here is the AK:

Day_82-36_AK_1_.JPG
IMG_053621.jpg

And the group (WW in the back):

IMG_053822.jpg
IMG_053921.jpg
IMG_054224.jpg

Entry 26 (7/15): Twelve Weeks Old (Days 83-85)

Day 83-37: Feed AK II today (15 ml Big Bloom, 10 ml Grow Big, and 10 ml Tiger Bloom/gallon).

Day 84-38: The plant odor is getting stronger and stronger — I am starting to worry. But, a good sign, I detected the smell of cannabis coming from the girls for the first time today.

Day 85-39: Everything is moving along.

IMG_054331.jpg
IMG_054621.jpg
IMG_055124.jpg

Entry 27 (7/19): Six Weeks Flowering (Days 86-89)

Day 86-40: Things are going fine. Temperatures are ranging in the low 80s during the day and down to the upper 60s at night. Humidity is usually in the lower 40s and going up to the low 50s at night.

Day 87-41: The smell is becoming an issue.

Day 88-42: I watered AK I today with a couple gallons of tap water.

I bought some Ona Gel and put it in the grow room. I am amazed at how well that worked.

My plan is to get the Ona out of the grow room and place some small containers of it in a few strategic locations.

I am relieved that I found a solution and, as a bonus, everything I have read about it is positive. The consensus seems to be that it will produce no ill affects if kept in the grow room but I don't really care if the grow room smells I just don't want it to be evident anywhere else.

Day 89-43: I watered the White Widow today with a couple gallons of tap water.

Everything looks good. Not much new to report which I suppose is a good thing.

Here is the White Widow:

IMG_055322.jpg

Here is the AK-47:

IMG_055619.jpg

And the group:

IMG_055726.jpg
IMG_055926.jpg

I am still working under the assumption that they will be fully matured at 9 weeks after switching the lights to 12/12. That would mean there are 3 weeks remaining. That being the case I guess I will only need to feed them once more (around this time next week) and then give them plain water until harvest.

Then again I could be way off in my estimate.

Entry 28 (7/22): Thirteen Weeks Old (Days 90-92)

Day 90-44: Everything is going well. I have noticed the pistols changing (being color blind I am not sure what they are now but some of them are no longer white).

Day 91-45: Watered AK II today: 2 gallons of plain water.

Day 92-46: Not much to report — things are fine.

Here is the WW:

IMG_056313.jpg
IMG_056625.jpg

And here is the AK:

IMG_056821.jpg
IMG_056922.jpg
IMG_057422.jpg

Entry 29 (7/26): Seven Weeks Flowering (Days 93-96)

Day 93-47: Things continue to grind away. Nothing much new to report.

Day 94-48: Temperatures and humidity levels remain stable. There is continued degradation of the leaves but it seems healthy to me. The AKs are affected more than the WW.

Day 95-49: I feed AK I today. I ran 3 gallons through of the following mixture: 15 ml Big Bloom, 5 ml Grow Big, and 10 ml Tiger Bloom. About a full gallon ran through and I siphoned that off.

I have been concerned about the timing of the feeding schedule at this late stage. It has been 2 weeks since they last received nutes and being close to harvest this would be the final chance to get them food. Thus, I decided to follow a liberal interpretation of the FoxFarm Trio schedule (went with the week just passed suggested amount as opposed to the week just started).

Day 96-50: I feed both the WW and the AK II today (same amounts and mixtures as I used on the AK I yesterday). The AK II didn't need water, it could have waited another 2 or maybe 3 days, but I wanted to get her feed and try to keep all three plants as close together as possible.

I recognize that it is not the best idea to water a plant before she needs it but I took a risk hoping that it would not have much impact.

Plants look fine and seem to be progressing.

Here is the WW:

IMG_057531.JPG
IMG_057725.jpg

Here is the AK:

IMG_058024.jpg
IMG_058931.jpg

And the group:

IMG_058423.jpg
IMG_058625.jpg

My plan now is to flush each of them next weekend (I assume they will all need water again between F and Su of next week) and let that ride.

I am still working under the 9 week forecast for harvest.

This part, harvest time, makes me nervous.

I am colorblind and have zero luck looking through a microscope at trichomes — I just can't tell clear from cloudy from amber, etc. I can see the shapes no problem and right now most of the trichomes have nicely rounded tops.

I will just have to make my best guess for harvest time unless anyone has some suggestions for me. Two more weeks?

Entry 30 (7/29): Fourteen Weeks Old (Days 97-99)

Day 97-51: They all appear to be responding well to the recent feeding. The WW looks to have filled out in past couple of days.

Day 98-52: I removed some dying leaves and perhaps a few that were not quit ready to be pulled.

Day 99-53: Everything is steady. The trichomes have demonstrated an increased visibility in the last few days.

The AK looks further along than the WW but the WW has closed the distance in the past couple of days.

Here is the WW:

IMG_059030.jpg
IMG_059328.jpg
IMG_059525.jpg

And here is the AK:

IMG_059625.jpg
IMG_059930.jpg
IMG_060031.jpg

Entry 31 (8/2): Eight Weeks Flowering (Days 100-103)

Day 100-54: Things continue on schedule. I pulled off some more dead and dying leaves today (basically I just try to tuck them away and if they come of, so be it).

Day 101-55: Waiting for the pot to boil.

Day 102-56: It has been getting warm again in the afternoons. The grow room gets into the low 80s for the last 2-3 hours of the afternoon. Humidity still ranging in the 40s for the most part.

Day 103-57: The deterioration of the leaves continues and I pulled some more off today.

I flushed AK I by running 5 gallons of plain water through the pot (I pumped out around 3 gallons).

I continue to look at the trichomes through a magnifying glass and I continue to have trouble identifying what I am looking at. If I had to guess I would say that there are more cloudy trichomes on the AK than on the WW but I have no real confidence in that statement.

Here is the WW:

IMG_060428.jpg
IMG_060625.jpg
IMG_060825.jpg
IMG_061025.jpg

Here is the AK:

IMG_061118.JPG
IMG_061324.jpg
IMG_061525.jpg
IMG_061821.jpg

The group:

IMG_061921.jpg
IMG_062326.jpg

I plan on flushing the other two when they get dry (probably the WW tomorrow and the AK II on Monday or Tuesday).

I must be getting close. I am still hoping to harvest next Saturday. Each of the plants will have had several days of plain water and should be good to go on that front. If need be I could wait another week I just hope when the time comes I know it.

Looks like you're in the final stretch my man! Good luck, I'm just wondering where you got 9 weeks harvest time...doesn't it say 8 weeks on the ams website? Only thing that could happen is some of the thc could start converting to cbd but I'm sure you'll be fine either way...how much smell are you getting now that you're closing in on harvest? Good luck bro!

Just saw this journal on the first page, and I haven't been on a lot in the last few weeks but DAAAAAMN!! Those buds look awesome and your SCROG looks fantastic as well!!!

On a side note: it almost looks like your cat/dog enjoys your plants as much as you do!!! lol When I was trimming my first plant, I swear the cats were getting INTO the tent with the amount of hair I found!!! :)

Yes Bagzy, the seed supplier suggested each of the strains needed 8 weeks to finish but clearly that was an underestimation for this grow. The aroma is getting strong and smells more like cannabis now than just growing plants.

Thanks for the note. I do have a couple of dogs and it is clear that i will be smoking some of their hair; oh well, what are going to do?

Entry 32 (8/5): Fifteen Weeks Old (Days 104-106)

Day 104-58: I flushed the WW today (5 gallons of plain water).

Day 105-59: I flushed AK II today (5 gallons of plain water).

Some of the buds are dropping a bit under the weight; not much but I take it as a good sign.

Day 106-60: When I looked in on them today they appeared lightly seeded — another good sign.

I have viewed them under the microscope again but I still can't tell what stage the trichomes are in.

Here is the WW:

IMG_064624.jpg
IMG_065529.jpg
IMG_065822.jpg

And here is the AK:

IMG_066324.jpg
IMG_066923.jpg
IMG_067221.jpg

I don't think they will be ready this weekend but hopefully within 10 days. Any opinions?

I would be real happy with 200g and i think that is realistic but the more the better.

Welcome Growlow. I have never tried Harlequin but it looks interesting.

I'm pretty sure the single seed center has Harlequin seeds currently and a couple crosses as well in case you were curious about the place I got my genetics from :) Keep growing green mate!

Amazing journal and grow. Great job. Thank you so much for the time put into it for us. Idk the medium but i rec looking into coco its amazing. Also i wouldnt go to 2 plants for a 600w instead id add. You dont seem to have height issues i would do the exact same thing but 6 plants and no scrog. But ur doin great so thats my 2 cent hope it didnt come out wrong. Oh and compared to my 5gallon buckets of soil you seem to water alot more than me. Do you go til 20% run off. Buds look amazing from what i can tell ww is clear and ak looks cloudy. After years of reading i made my first post becuz how much i love your journal. Cant wait til see the final result.

Amazing journal and grow. Great job. Thank you so much for the time put into it for us. Idk the medium but i rec looking into coco its amazing. Also i wouldnt go to 2 plants for a 600w instead id add. You dont seem to have height issues i would do the exact same thing but 6 plants and no scrog. But ur doin great so thats my 2 cent hope it didnt come out wrong. Oh and compared to my 5gallon buckets of soil you seem to water alot more than me. Do you go til 20% run off. Buds look amazing from what i can tell ww is clear and ak looks cloudy. After years of reading i made my first post becuz how much i love your journal. Cant wait til see the final result.

Why would you not use the Scrog? From what I see your biggest problem growing indoors is you dont have natural sunlight, and every inch you are away from optimal light equals wasted light, correct? Not to mention you can cover double or triple the surface area of light with a scrog...

Very cool post tazzz. I really appreciate your comments.

You are right that i don't have much concern about height. But my thinking is along the same lines as bagzy: i went with the scrog method hoping to get more light to all the budding sites. As it currently stands none of viable parts of the plant are more than 24" from the bulb - that has to be a good thing.

(Also, under my state's medical cannabis law i am only legal with 3 flowering plants).

Its possible that i could get about the same canopy coverage with two plants if i allowed for an additional 7-10 days in the vegetative stage. This would be nice because i have learned that the scrog method requires a lot of work; and that work is made more difficult because of the confined space the plants inhabit.

I don't mind this too much because the growing process itself is a great hobby and while i am anxious to reach the destination the journey on its own has been rewarding. With that being said i would not mind having one less pot to deal with (especially the one that is the most difficult to access).

As far as watering: if i let the pots get good and dry they will take around 2 gallons before there is any runoff.

I have heard good things about coco as a medium, i believe it is more porous than what i am using (ProMix BX) so it would make sense that you would water more often with small amounts.

I hope the rest of my grow doesn't disappoint - i must admit to feeling a bit nervous about the next couple of weeks.

Back
Top Bottom