WW's 2nd Grow - Borderliner XTRM - 2x2 - Single Plant- LED - Reveg?

Tomorrow is the first day of week 6 from flip!

IMG_126838.JPG

Looking pretty good and frostier than my previous plant so I'm quite satisfied with the new LED panel!

IMG_126732.JPG

Tomorrow is the first day of week 6 from flip!

IMG_126838.JPG

Looking pretty good and frostier than my previous plant so I'm quite satisfied with the new LED panel!

IMG_126732.JPG

Looking good man. Your lady looks great since the last update. Really starting to show off her full potential .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Hi guys! Little weekly update as we start that week 7 of flowering :

image110085.JPG

Not a lot of difference here compared to the previous pictures.

image210069.JPG

Here we see more trichomes and more amber hairs so it's ripping good! Did some backbuilding 3 days ago and you can still see it. The plant is healing fast from the small chop though.

image38050.JPG

Got my seeds from GH, looking forward to grow something different :)

Looking frosty . I'll be sure to follow along your Super Silver Haze grow. I still have some left that I bought in Green House coffee shop in Amsterdam. Posted a couple of grams back lol. One of my favourite strains

Thank you! Since it's a CBD cross I don't think it'll feel like anything close to the original SSH but I remain curious!

Alright so I checked my plant before the lights went off and it was a little droopy. No problem at all but I noticed that like my previous grow, this strain's trichomes display all 3 stages of ripening... I got clear, cloudy AND amber trichomes. Don't think that there's anything to worry about though, I gave her her last feed today and I'll flush her in 7 days. Going to push her to 9 weeks!

I didn't think that the trichomes would turn amber that quick so I might have done the backbuilding a bit late.

Thank you! Since it's a CBD cross I don't think it'll feel like anything close to the original SSH but I remain curious!

Alright so I checked my plant before the lights went off and it was a little droopy. No problem at all but I noticed that like my previous grow, this strain's trichomes display all 3 stages of ripening... I got clear, cloudy AND amber trichomes. Don't think that there's anything to worry about though, I gave her her last feed today and I'll flush her in 7 days. Going to push her to 9 weeks!

I didn't think that the trichomes would turn amber that quick so I might have done the backbuilding a bit late.

The trichs turn in different stages depending on where on the flower they are - the ones on the leaves turn amber first.
So it's easier to go by the trichs on the actual flowers.

Ah yes I was pretty baked last night I didn't spot the CBD lol. It will be interesting to see how it goes and the CBD should give it a nice mellow affect.

You can pick up a pretty cheap 250x scope on amazon for around €20. The only way I could use it was by snipping a small leaf as close to the buds as possible and bringing it out to check. Using the scope inside the room was impossible my hand was too shaky to get a decent magnification. Much easier on the scope mount hooked up to the laptop. And the pictures look amazing. It's so cool being able to see the little trichomes and their heads. Here is one I got from the Swiss about 2 weeks ago

420-magazine-mobile813436335.jpg

Them trichomes were weird, even on the buds they were displaying all kind of colors. I got a 200x magnifier and I sort of can get an idea!

I flushed her right after I took these pictures :

image41057.JPG

image61027.JPG

I could have defoliated more at this stage but the smell is very strong and I'm kinda paranoid :)

Them trichomes were weird, even on the buds they were displaying all kind of colors. I got a 200x magnifier and I sort of can get an idea!

I flushed her right after I took these pictures :

image41057.JPG

image61027.JPG

I could have defoliated more at this stage but the smell is very strong and I'm kinda paranoid :)

The scopes are brilliant, I never really thought about it until I seen some trichomes in a picture. Light bulb moment haha. Great to see how close they are to maturing.

Not sure about the defoliating. I was pulling some big leaves close to harvest, anything that got in the way of a bud or if I couldn't shove it any further down the stem it came off . I'm sure she didn't notice .

Looking sweet in there :thumb:

Don't worry too much about trichome colour, looks like it could put on some more weight in the next weeks, but if you want a more clear high and get the next grow started just pull her soon ;)

The scopes are brilliant, I never really thought about it until I seen some trichomes in a picture. Light bulb moment haha. Great to see how close they are to maturing.

Not sure about the defoliating. I was pulling some big leaves close to harvest, anything that got in the way of a bud or if I couldn't shove it any further down the stem it came off . I'm sure she didn't notice .

I'm not a huge fan of these, they are super awkward to use and you barely see anything. I'm going to try to get a jeweler's loupe, something between 12x and 25x!

Looking sweet in there :thumb:

Don't worry too much about trichome colour, looks like it could put on some more weight in the next weeks, but if you want a more clear high and get the next grow started just pull her soon ;)

Thanks! I looked with a 10x magnifier and the trichomes were about 25% amber. The plant barely shows any sign of deficiency from the flush so I'm going to do an extra week and we'll see how it turns out!

If I push her for a week or two extra, will I have a more couchlock sort of high? Since I got the vaporizer I started to really enjoy the high from this plant and I usually smoke a bit before going to bed. It really helps sleeping deeply!

Alright so we're entering week 10!

IMG_130033.JPG

IMG_130238.JPG

What do you guys think? I'm going to give her only water tomorrow so it's been 2 weeks since the last feed (flush was 1 week ago).

No clue! I was thinking in about 4-5 days but since you said she'd pack more weight in the next "weeks" I'd appreciate hearing your opinion :)

Totally not in a hurry! And indeed it's almost 10 weeks from flip. What would you do or aim for?
Thanks!

The flowers usually take around 2 weeks to set from flip, and if you add 2 weeks the breeder finish times are more accurate.

I think it could swell up more in the next weeks, but you can't be sure.

Personally I would chop it and put 4 or 9 plants of different strains in small pots in there with little veg time ;)

The breeder advertises that strain for a flowering time of 7-9 weeks. Now I'm starting week 11 so I'll harvest in exactly 1 week!
This grow is very different than the previous one and i'm already certain of the huge quality improvement.

I know you'd do that, and so would I in a different situation. Growing 1 plant is decriminalized here and I don't feel like gambling with potential serious problems. I'm aware that it's a very paranoid thinking and on the growing part it's super stupid given the yield per power cost.

Anyway thank you for the advices, I really appreciate it :)

Back
Top Bottom