WW's 1st Grow - 2x2 Tent - Single Plant - LED - Borderliner XTRM - Soil - Reveg

Thank you guys for the great tips!
The plant stretches a bit now so its got a better light penetration.
I topped 4 of the main branches 5 days ago so I'm just going to veg more. Besides, even if the plant becomes twice as tall it's still going to be a small plant. What do you guys think? Should I veg for another 10 days or should I do an extra month?

At Canna they consider the first 2-4 weeks of the flowering light schedule as "Vegetative stage II" and they advise to keep on giving veg nutrients until you notice formation of flowers. Interesting stuff!

Thank you guys for the great tips!
The plant stretches a bit now so its got a better light penetration.
I topped 4 of the main branches 5 days ago so I'm just going to veg more. Besides, even if the plant becomes twice as tall it's still going to be a small plant. What do you guys think? Should I veg for another 10 days or should I do an extra month?

At Canna they consider the first 2-4 weeks of the flowering light schedule as "Vegetative stage II" and they advise to keep on giving veg nutrients until you notice formation of flowers. Interesting stuff!
I give veg nutrients the 2 first weeks of flower too and I also consider week 3 since switch as week 1 flower.

Sent from my SM-G901F using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Here's the plant today, I think you can see where I topped 7 days ago :

IMG_76077.JPG

It's 18cm high (7") for now so even if it grows 3 times that height it's gonna be a tiny plant. It'd be fantastic if I could end with 120cm! I'll veg an extra month or switch to flowering if it reaches 40cm.
Cheers!

Could be a low strain or phenotype, the height is not necessarily gonna give better yield.
How many days in veg now?

I'm not exactly aiming for yield, what I need is a strong plant with strong roots to successfully regenerate. That strain has very little information, it's not grown a lot but I could find this abandoned journal :

Borderliner's - Soil - BorderlinerXTRM - Grow Journal - 2014 - Indoor

He had 9 liters pots and switched to flowering once his plants were 40cm high. He vegged for 1,5 month and I'm almost at the end of the second month. I think that I lost a lot of time trying to find the right distance with my lights and also by planting straight into the 20 liters pot. It's good for the experience at least!

Anyway I'm going to see if I can do 40cm. On the seed bank website it says : Height indoor : Up to 100cm (I checked the Northern Lights strain and there it says 80cm, so I'm not exactly sure I'm growing a low strain, it seems pretty average to me)

Nice clean set up man your girl looks really good :bravo:

Thanks man!

Yeah I looked it up and couldn't find much info, but it led me on to a lot of breeders and strains I hadn't seen before:thanks: and I'm gonna have to put my motherhunt on low to try some of those strains;)

Your girl is looking very healthy and you could flip now or in 1-4 weeks, just keep in mind that she might stretch a lot in preflower.

Are going to take clones or try to re-veg?

:smokin:

Yeah I looked it up and couldn't find much info, but it led me on to a lot of breeders and strains I hadn't seen before:thanks: and I'm gonna have to put my motherhunt on low to try some of those strains;)

Your girl is looking very healthy and you could flip now or in 1-4 weeks, just keep in mind that she might stretch a lot in preflower.

I'm glad that you discovered some interesting strains and breeders by looking the Borderliner up! There's a phenotype called OCA's Cloud 9 which is from the same landrace. That landrace is a heavy indica apparently but the Borderliner XTRM is 50/50 so I don't really know what they did to it. Although it's a 50/50 hybrid I read that the indica was dominant so I guess I'll have to try myself! I also read that it can reach up to 25% THC level and that it's super potent while still having a high CBD content. I don't think that it's anything seriously tested, I actually got so intrigued by its mysterious and unknown aspects that I took a leap of faith!

I decided that I was going to do 4 extra weeks! I'm not in a rush and I don't mind experimenting a bit.

Are going to take clones or try to re-veg?
isn't it better and faster to just take clones instead of a reveg ?

I'm going to reveg for a couple of reasons :

- It isn't popular and it's not easy to find reveg tutorials, so it got me intrigued.
- I don't like the idea of having to chop it all down and having to toss all that soil.
- I'm not aiming for big and fast yield.
- I don't have enough space for another tent to get the clone(s) ready. And I think that if I just get a clone done during harvesting it won't be faster than regenerating a good plant.

What do you guys think? I imagine it might sound weird and a bit stupid :p

nan man nothing stupid with experiments, I know sometimes reveg can take ages.
I never grow huge plants they take to much time, and alot of soil.
I use 11L pots for my flowering stage, but you can recycle the soil once if you don't want to throw it out , get yourself a huge plastic container and let the soil dry out then throw it in and take out the most roots as possible. ( be sure to flush well )
when I started growing I used a cardboard box with 1 light in it as a cloner tent lol, worked great and all you need is a box a light and some wires.
2013-11-21-285.jpg

it was a 9w light I think I changed it to white later on but nothing fancy takes little space.
anyways I'll be around
cheers

That's the thing, I don't have any place for a huge plastic container and not enough space for another tent. I live in an apartment and I already feel like I'm trashing the place with what I'm doing :p
It took time to convince my girlfriend to let me grow so I don't want to end up being kicked out :D

From what I've been reading on regeneration, some guys said that they could harvest much faster than starting back from 0 if done well.
I got a 20 liters pot right now and if my plant ever dies I'll go for 30 or 40 (if it fits). I like the idea of having a lot of soil for better buffer and being able to reveg the same plant for more than two years.
I'm going to take it as a challenge and do my best to make it work!
Cheers

Cool you're gonna try a re-veg :thumb: but aren't you curious to try different strains?
You can recycle your soil by removing the roots and adding some amendments.

I guess a 30L-40L pot would fit, but the plant might not, the THC Bomb I have in a 27L pot almost fills up my 100cm x 100cm tent and the one my friend adopted is filling out his 80cm x 80cm tent. They went 100 days in veg, seed to flip.

You could build a stealth cabinet, or convert a closet if the tent is too out of place;)

Oh damn, it's good that you're warning me about the plant filling up the tent. Did you do a lot of LST on the THC Bomb? Because then maybe I should calm down a bit otherwise I'm going to have a problem with my tiny 60x60cm tent!
The plant grows about 1cm a day so it's not too bad. It's almost 60 days old from seed so if you did 100 days I can definitely do an extra month!

Do you happen to remember how much you were watering the THC bomb in veg and how often? I think that I might have a little drainage issue. It's not too bad but I should be careful : it takes 2-3 minutes for the run off to show up and I do 6 days between 2 watering/feeding...

For the strains yes that's the only thing that I regret a bit about my setup. The thing is that the last time I had cannabis was years ago and I never had good one. So for now I'm just going to focus on the technical aspect, get a decent harvest (hopefully without too many problems) and experiment with that strain. I'm super curious about other strains, especially the sativa dominant ones (like the Lemon Haze) because I like the idea of a "day", energizing kind of high. I'm going to give myself some time, gain some knowledge and once I'm through with that strain I'll try different stuff.

Oh and thanks for the tip on soil, I didn't know you could recycle it!

I just ordered a temperature/heater controller by the way. It's getting a bit cold here and I have this ceramic heater ready but I want to be able to limit the electrical consumption as much as possible. I'm going to set a day temperature of 22,5°C (~73°) and 18,5°C (~65°) at night. I'll post a picture once it's installed!
After that I'm going to get a Can fan + carbon filter. A little upgrade, probably next month.

mind you that, if you grow your own, your usage of cannabis may skyrocket, especially in case of multistrains, because if, for ex, you get 300 grams, in reality you get 20 of this 30 of that, 40 of this one, 15 of that other one.... so if you like to smoke, you suddenly get much more opportunities/good reasons to smoke and try all that, and it is almost free now that it is grown and dried. I read that you are not an everyday smoker of a 2-digit numbers of joints a day, so it might concern you. Actually, I think that you are already on that slope, even if you don't realize it yet. It is the hidden power of cannabis (it controls your mind in order to make you grow more and more and more lol :)

So it is not necessarily a bad thing to have only 1 room and to do 1 or 2 plants after the others. Usage should be limited in order to have enough until the next crop (1 or 2 month later) . I have learned that it would be much better for me in terms of lowering usage (and indirectly, in terms of return on investment and health) ;-)

That's very interesting what you're saying spacef! It totally makes sense. I guess you can get carried away really fast with the amounts that can be harvested and the very interesting properties of different strains.

Haha and I totally realize that I'm on that slope because I'm already bookmarking super pretty glass bongs and I already got all the mason jars ready with vacuum lids. I'd also like to make edibles so I'm browsing chocolate tablets molds and such. It's crazy how fascinating this plant is and how it's nearly impossible not to become interested in it.

What I think will force me to monitor my consumption is the fact that I'm above all growing for my girlfriend. She got some normal - but still annoying health issues and I strongly believe that I'll be able to help her out. I'll sort of always make sure that we got enough stashed for her as medicine and the extra will just be for our fun.

Thanks to all of you commenting on my journal, it's very motivating to get that much help! It's also cool that we get to discuss more than just the growing process alone.
Cheers!

Oh damn, it's good that you're warning me about the plant filling up the tent. Did you do a lot of LST on the THC Bomb? Because then maybe I should calm down a bit otherwise I'm going to have a problem with my tiny 60x60cm tent!
The plant grows about 1cm a day so it's not too bad. It's almost 60 days old from seed so if you did 100 days I can definitely do an extra month!

Do you happen to remember how much you were watering the THC bomb in veg and how often? I think that I might have a little drainage issue. It's not too bad but I should be careful : it takes 2-3 minutes for the run off to show up and I do 6 days between 2 watering/feeding...

I did LST, pretty late in its life though, and it is a strain that generally grows big plants, I watered as needed but usually a day or 2 too late.. At the moment she drinks 6L every 3-4 days.

Did you add perlite or something else?
I usually mix 2-3 parts soil(Biobizz Light-Mix, already has a little perlite in it) with 1 part perlite, to make the mix nice and fluffy.

you should probably set your day up to 25°c and night at 20°c
I try not to go under 20 and over 28°c
20L sounds good for a 2x2 plus if you are scared of over growing the pot size limits the plants growth.
so on that part you should be ok
I have a plant that I have vegged for a while in a 11l pot and it hasn't grown much lately due to the pots size It takes about 60% of a 2x2 space I'm sure if I repot it in a 18L pot it could fill up the hole space and not stretch much.
peace

I did LST, pretty late in its life though, and it is a strain that generally grows big plants, I watered as needed but usually a day or 2 too late.. At the moment she drinks 6L every 3-4 days.

Did you add perlite or something else?
I usually mix 2-3 parts soil(Biobizz Light-Mix, already has a little perlite in it) with 1 part perlite, to make the mix nice and fluffy.

Thanks for your reply! For now I do 1,5L every 5-6 days. I'm using Special Mix from Gold Label and it already got some perlite in it. My mistake was that I wanted to fill up the airpot the best way possible and I pressed down the medium way too much.

Second mistake in my grow is that I didn't make sure that I'd get 15-20% runoff in order to avoid salt buildup in my soil. I hope it's not too late to fix it. I'll be doing 1,8L from now on and raise as the plant grows.

you should probably set your day up to 25°c and night at 20°c
I try not to go under 20 and over 28°c
20L sounds good for a 2x2 plus if you are scared of over growing the pot size limits the plants growth.
so on that part you should be ok
I have a plant that I have vegged for a while in a 11l pot and it hasn't grown much lately due to the pots size It takes about 60% of a 2x2 space I'm sure if I repot it in a 18L pot it could fill up the hole space and not stretch much.
peace

Thanks for sharing your experience!
Yeah I actually meant for flowering but for my extra month of veg I'll make sure never to go under 20°C. I saw on the box that it has a 1°C margin error so I'll set it 1 degree higher just in case. I'm going to set the device to 21°C for veg and for flowering 19°C at night and 23°C for the day.
I read that the best is to have a 5-6°C difference between night and day during flowering but I'm not going to aim for that because of the electricity bill...

Going to install that thing tonight!

Hi everyone!
It got a lot colder for two days now so I definitely got this little device right on time :

IMG_76317.JPG

It was pretty easy to set and it has an integrated timer so I could put my lights on it as well, it's always good to save a spot on the power strip.

The little heater is working fairly good I must say, even though it's got a nasty plastic smell. Let's hope it'll go away soon. Not sure I'll be using this thing forever since it has a rather high consumption. I've seen these little green heating tubes that seem to be quite good consumption wise.

IMG_76337.JPG

Other than that, not a lot of change on the plant, it got taller for sure and is looking healthy :

IMG_76358.JPG

I'm now looking for a good quality clip fan because I'm afraid mine from SJ is dying. The mounting system is great but last week I heard a rattling noise and when I looked closer it was the fan that was slowly coming off the motor shaft and it was hitting the frame...
So if you guys got any good clip fan (20cm max) to recommend, feel free to let me know!

Back
Top Bottom