1 Auto Night Queen In 20 Liter Soil - LEDs & Stuff

spacef

This is a seperate thread for the AutoNightQueen from my Grow#4 session.
- Strain:
Dutch Passion AutoNightQueen
- Soil: 20L BioBizz Light Mix
- Container: 25L square
- Lights: leds
- Box: BBS 60*60 (2*2)
- Nutrients: BioBizz Grow, BioHeaven, Top Max + General Organics BioThrive, Bio Root Plus
- Germination date: 19 sept 2016
it is my 3rd Auto Night Queen: it is a very short and compact autoflower in a 11L container. I want it bigger so I've planted one in a 25L container.
The pic says it is a 18L container, but it is a 25L in reality (20L of soil in there).
d0069-AutoNightQueenDay01.jpg

re: 1 Auto Night Queen In 20L Soil - LEDs & Stuff

Here it is 10 days later
d0087-001.jpg

But I've found mushrooms in the pots!!!! the weather here is colder and humid. it is shroomz season now!! Also, my fault because I watered the 20L soil completely, and what is not a problem in 11L container can be one in a bigger one. Extreme humidity, perfect for mushrooms....
I removed them with a towel to make sure they don't drop more spores. then, directly to the trash can.
d0087-002.jpg
d0087-003.jpg

first time I have this kind of stuff since i began growing. I don't know if it was in the soil or in the air, but it is favored by the extreme humidity in the soil, and the fact that the plant is not big enough to suck the water, and that it is not hot enough to cause evaporation of the soil.

re: 1 Auto Night Queen In 20L Soil - LEDs & Stuff

Sept 3, 2016
========

I've been removing one or two mushroom everyday for the last 2 days.

Yesterday, I added a heater and have been able to rise temps to 26/27 and humidity down from 55/60 to 40/45% .

The soil is drying on the surface, and the last mushroom I removed this morning was small and under the leaves of the autonightQueen, where it is still wet. I think the mushroom episode is soon to be over.

The AutoNight Queen was topped yesterday:
d0087-0155.jpg

re: 1 Auto Night Queen In 20 Liter Soil - LEDs & Stuff

Looks good;) I'm in.

The ANQ is killer smoke so sweet and sticky, guess that's why I ran out already:)

What kind of led light is it?

Hi PGR :)

You bet the ANQ is good! it never lasts very long once dried ! Very relaxing, my "go to bed" strain (together with the California Snow from fast buds ;-) )

I hope the big container will make it yield!!!

The led panel is a mars II 400. It is on 20/4 cycle, Grow mode only for the moment ("bloom" switch is off).

Subbed and along for the ride my devil cream are about the sae age except I got them on a 18/6 schedule in 11L pots they are about the same size I'm guessing as well.

Ok, so, not sure what we got here but it is weird. I know the ANQ is short and compact but I never seen this.

So, 3 days ago, I noticed that the plant did not grow normally, because by this time, we should have bigger leaves and branches begining to form.

So I removed the 2 upper leaves and found this!!! extremely compact. the space between nodes is near zero.
d0092-011z.jpg

3 days after the above pic:
d0092-014.jpg
d0092-015.jpg

Not sure where we are going with this one... I don't remember it was so compact....
I am curious to see how it evolves and if it will use the 20L of soil or not.

Day 25
=====

On the 1st picture, look at the thickness of the stem. I could not take any picture of the topped stems, because it is very populated there. no access yet.

And the worse is that I should have known because the ANQs from my grow #3 were similar. Auto Night Queen doesn't like to be topped so soon, I think it is better to wait 4th or 5th node, or not at all. May be it is a dwarf. It is the 3rd seed of the pack and they were all like that (even though this one is a bit more extreme :) )

We'll see, but if it is like the Blow Mind from sweet seeds, then a container of 7L is enough.

I will give it massive doses of BioRoot+ as soon as possible (in 1 or 2 days). Also, I've been spraying it with a mix of BioBizz Grow and General Organic BioRoot+ , a little bit everyday since 2 days now, and it seems to help it stretch a bit. And it also looks better when the day temps are around 26/27°C .
d0098-001.jpg
d0098-002.jpg

Added General Organic Bio Worm to the mix. Sprayed a little where new baby branches are showing.
The central stem is flat like siamese, but finally seperated in two parts. I still can't get a decent pic because there is a lot of density. It could be a nice "one bud" at the end... we'll see in a week.

That's really cool looking man. Mine look nothing like that and they are same age (mine already starting to flower). I got some really fat stems as well maybe its just the season or the lunar cycle..

I could take better pictures, and I remember very well now that it happened previously.

The Auto Night Queen doesn't like to be topped early!!!
The stem out of the ground is normal (like 2 mm thick) and it becomes like this where it was topped (3rd node = way to soon for this one)

It is like two stems are joined together by the flat surface between them. it really did not want to become 2 !!!

d100-001.jpg
d100-002.jpg

The aim is to get all those baby branches above all those leave stems to grow !

It looks almost normal :)
d100-003.jpg

may be it is my pack of seeds,
UltraDan I hope you'll let us know how it goes for you , if it is the same or not! Avoid topping at 3rd node (unless you want to get that ;-) )

1 month and 4 days after germination.

Entering pre-flowering since yesterday:

I think that the bigger pot has delayed the pre-flowering, may be because it was building roots? I've also cut a few leaves here and there.
There is LST that is not very apparent in the picture: 2 siamese branches have been sperated and a garden wire makes sure they grow apart. Also, another branch that was growing near the center has been bent to go on the top-right side.

0001-001.jpg
0001-002.jpg

It's not very visible but there are a lot of bud sites inside, hopefully it will stretch a bit... It will not become very big. Flowers of the ANQ are quite nice in general, so those could be bigger.... wait and see ...

ANQ should be nice to grow in 7L pots. I think I will reorder a pack to try that later :)

The advantage of the 25L Pot is how easily I could bend branches, using wire stuck into the soil.
0001-004.jpg

I marked the top stems, ie the ones below the topping point. But I think that I completely Fimmed it, or rather, I fimmed the fim! cutting too low, so the new branches couldn't grow easily and all the energy was diverted to the lower branches. It is pretty obvious here :)
Look at the branch at the left, and how it divided in 4 sections (the 2 in the middle were sperated by me, there is a small bar between the apex of those branches, keeping them away from each other).
0001-003.jpg

Result could be interesting now that many bud sites are exposed to light and to foliar sprays (GO bio root + GO bio worm + biobizz grow).

Back
Top Bottom