WW's 1st Grow - 2x2 Tent - Single Plant - LED - Borderliner XTRM - Soil - Reveg

Hi ewilan947! Thanks for passing by! Well the plant is doing well but it's not looking very different than the last picture. Going to finish these 11 days of veg and I'll post an update before switching to flowering!
Cheers

Man that's a nice grow setup! You sir got some iron discipline. My current (and first grow), I ended up with 8 plants in my 2x2.5 lol! Good luck with the rest of the grow!

Man that's a nice grow setup! You sir got some iron discipline. My current (and first grow), I ended up with 8 plants in my 2x2.5 lol! Good luck with the rest of the grow!

Haha the fact that I don't smoke allows me to take it easy! But yeah I gotta say that I'm super excited to try it and see how it's gonna turn out. Maybe it'll turn to crap but at least I'll learn from it.

Why'd you stop posting ? Lookin at a 2x2 tent and wanna see the potential

I stopped posting because there wasn't much happening! The plant is 35cm high now (~14") and I'm going to veg for 5 extra days.
Here's the plant today :

image110073.JPG

There isn't a lot of space on the sides so I'm wondering if LSTing was a good idea. I don't really know what to expect so I'll remain positive :p
Cheers

Yes it's looking super good and healthy! Today I switched to flowering and the plant is 38cm high. I'm thinking that maybe I should have switched to flowering 2 weeks ago or so because it's super wide and I'm afraid I won't have enough space :)
It's gonna be super tight that's for sure. It's my first grow so I didn't defoliate but I might give it a try once it stretches more (so there's more space to see).

Here's the plant :

IMG_77304.JPG

Sorry for the tones but the red spectrum is quite brutal, even with the Method 7 LED glasses in front of the lens!

Humidity wise, it's tough. As you guys know, my tent is in my bathroom so it's a huge challenge to keep humidity low. The dehumidifier displays 44% but it's still around 50% inside the tent. I'm going to install a permanent extraction fan in my bathroom that should get 95m3/h of air out so I think it'll help.
Then I'll try to isolate the bathroom door so there's the minimum amount of air coming in from the rest of the apartment (which is between 58-65%).

I'm gonna get the carbon filter tomorrow and the RAM fans later this week. I'm hoping that with an overkill air movement for the size of the tent I'm going to be able to avoid bud rot.
Cheers!

PS : Oh and I'm also gonna get two tubular heaters that I will install next to the pot so maybe it'll help dry the air inside the tent.

PS 2 : I now water when the plant starts to droop, when the leaves make an angle bigger than 90° with the stem. For now it's about 2,850L every 3-4 days.

I think the training is very nice and you will get more buds closer to the light, if a branch is leaning against the side of the tent you can always tie it up to a branch leaning away from it, or somewhere in the tent.

Don't worry to much about 50% RH it's not bad, especially if you have a circulation fan running.
I flowered my THC Bomb at 50%-55% RH, sometime a bit higher but rarely lower, no problems at all.
Some strains are more prone to rot and PM, but if you have 50% RH and a circulation fan blowing on the plant you should be pretty safe.

It might be a good idea to cut any leaves shading bud sites or a tleast bend them under, so they get all the light they need.

Looking really nice. it's gonna be fun to see the flowers set in;)

Thank you PGR! That's super reassuring! When the lights are on I got 45% RH and about 50% at night so it's pretty okay actually. I got the filter but I didn't imagine these things working like that! My LED panel is 35cm wide and the carbon filter has a 20cm diameter so it's gonna be super tight in there and I will lose some height that could have been pretty crucial.

BUT. I'm building something pretty funny (great idea from a friend) : an air filtering chamber that is going to be above my tent. I bought a big plastic container, cut a hole at the bottom and one on the lid. I've adjusted a PVC flange to the bottom hole and glued it with some silicone kind of stuff. The extraction sleeve from the tent will be tightened there. Then the carbon filter will be next to it, extracting the air via the fan, perfectly adjusted to the hole on the lid. That way I can save some height in my tent just in case.

It probably doesn't sound like anything to you but I'll post a picture once I receive the RAM fans. I had to order them via a British growshop but it's a pretty bad one so it's taking time...

Other than that I dared to cut off some leaves that were giving some shade to bud sites. We'll see how it goes!

Hi freakbudz420! Thank you! Yes I saw your thread! Same tent but mine is 40cm higher I believe! For some reason I'm paranoid on not having enough height haha
That's why I won't even have the carbon filter inside the tent :)

Hi freakbudz420! Thank you! Yes I saw your thread! Same tent but mine is 40cm higher I believe! For some reason I'm paranoid on not having enough height haha
That's why I won't even have the carbon filter inside the tent :)

I'm in love with this tent. Once I get used to growing in it, it'll work perfectly for my personal needs. I'll likely get another one of the same size for veg. Vertical space is the least of my worries to be honest. You should be fine seeing as you have a bit more space going up. The tents scream scrog and can produce some good bud!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

with an "s" ?
Impatient to know what you think of them as I might get one soon too.

Haha yes because my intake fan is crap and it runs at half speed (too noisy otherwise) and gets about 100m3/h in. With 1 RAM fan I'd have the walls of the tent completely sucked in and my GSE controller wouldn't be able to adjust the negative pressure because of the huge airflow difference.

I'm such an idiot for placing an order on that garbage growshop. I normally always check reviews but I didn't do a thorough check on that one and they end up being liars and they literally have nothing in stock. I've seen some pretty insane reviews and apparently the manager even threatened clients to send addresses to the cops if they didn't remove the bad reviews. Good thing I paid via Paypal so I'm sort of protected.
Anyway, I placed and order on another website that had the fans in stock. I'm gonna have to finish up my DIY filtration chamber because it's getting smelly in here :)

I'll keep you updated on the RAM fans!

Hell yeah man she looks super healthy. Can't wait to see her start to flower

Thank you! Yes me too it's really getting exciting!

:)

Hi guys!

Little update on the plant/setup.
I'm still waiting for the RAM fans but the carbon filter is all installed and working with the current setup so it's all good. Just on time because it became super smelly.

IMG_086836.JPG

Dédicace to you spacef, I know you're a lot into DIY stuff so let me know what you think :)
I like that the inside of the tent is clean and I got quite a high ceiling so I could pull it off.

IMG_086641.JPG

The plant isn't stretching much though, just 2cm in 10 days... Isn't that weird?

IMG_086735.JPG

But it's flowering alright!
Cheers

Glad you like it!

Two more days and I get the RAM fans. I received a new fan and I'm pretty surprised on how well it works. It only consumes 5W so it's 3 times less than the other one. It's got only 1 position but it's quite silent and it's got a nice air flow :

IMG_087447.JPG

With the clip it's taking less space so i'm satisfied. I moved the previous one lower so it can blow at the top of the medium. I also defoliated the lower part of the plant so there's a better air flow under the canopy.

IMG_087537.JPG

Back
Top Bottom