WW's 1st Grow - 2x2 Tent - Single Plant - LED - Borderliner XTRM - Soil - Reveg

Beautiful girls. I am a beginner but honestly I would say take off as little as possible but try and get rid of any big fan leaves covering bud spots. Your girls are set up quite nicely as they are. You can try tucking leaves away too I do that.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Looks good, those uncovered buds will be small/medium buds in stead of popcorn.
Remove the leaves you think are shading budsites too much, sooner rather than later, so the buds get maximum possible light as soon as possible.

They're gonna swell up soon and get frosty, sticky and smelly ;) Could we please get a pic or two in natural light ? :)

Beautiful girls. I am a beginner but honestly I would say take off as little as possible but try and get rid of any big fan leaves covering bud spots. Your girls are set up quite nicely as they are. You can try tucking leaves away too I do that.

Thanks for passing by! You mean girl! I'm monogamist for now :)
I thought about doing some more LST but perhaps for my next grow! It's almost touching the sides of the tent so maybe that would be the wisest!

Looks good, those uncovered buds will be small/medium buds in stead of popcorn.
Remove the leaves you think are shading budsites too much, sooner rather than later, so the buds get maximum possible light as soon as possible.

They're gonna swell up soon and get frosty, sticky and smelly ;) Could we please get a pic or two in natural light ? :)

Thanks for the tips, I might remove a couple more leaves then! I'll drop a natural light picture in two days!

Hey WW! Looking good up in here! Have you heard of back building? Basically clipping off a little top part of the buds to increase growth of the bods, they'll fill out good. Do it at about 1/2 way into bloom. Here is a thread on it, LA's Quick Guide To Simple Backbuilding Technique For Buds!

Rock on!

:theband:

Hi weenmeaoff! Thanks for passing by! Never heard of it but now that I see what it's about I gotta say I'm quite intrigued! I'll probably give it a go in 5 days! I see that it caught the spacef's attention so it can't be that wrong :)

Thank you all for the comments! Love this community!

Here's some pictures under natural light :

IMG_096038.JPG

IMG_095838.JPG

IMG_095744.JPG

IMG_095443.JPG

Comments are welcome!

I got a slight nute burn by the way, you can see it on the last picture. I'm using the "heavy feeding" chart from Canna but I'll go back to normal and it should be fine. I got a EC pen but I didn't use it enough throughout the grow to be honest :)

Hi everyone! Week 6 of flowering :

IMG_098935.JPG

IMG_099134.JPG

I'm not sure but it seems to be going pretty slow. The buds aren't getting super wide! It's advertised as taking 6-9 weeks of flowering time but I got mixed feelings about this!

Has any of you an idea if this is normal? Thanks!

It looks like it should 6 weeks after flipping, they're gonna pack some weight the coming weeks.

Around 10 weeks is usually good for indicas and hybrids depending on strain/pheno, some sativa heavy hybrids might be 12+ weeks and landrace sativas can be as long as 16-18 weeks.

Thank you PGR! Quite reassuring! I'm going to try the backbuilding in the coming days.

Spart, Air-pots are amazing and I think it's mostly because they are super healthy for the roots. Also it's literally impossible to overwater. I did read that they aren't recommended for volumes under 15L because they dry out way too quick.

The idea behind my grow was to regenerate the plant after harvest. Because I believe that I can get a better plant and a better grow from this strain, I won't do it and I'll redo a grow and tweak a few things and regenerate from that (yes I'm stubborn).

The other day I asked PGR about watering the Air-pots because what usually occurs is that they tend to let some soil out with the run-off. It's not a lot but if it would be a problem he suggested to put a cloth at the bottom definitely not a bad idea because it's a bit frustrating to have the 8-10 top centimeters that aren't filling up the pot very well. It made me think that if I was going to put a piece of cloth at the bottom I could perhaps go for a fabric pot. They aren't bad but the basic smart pots aren't the best ones for LST because they lack anchor points. So I think I'll go for a square 27L dirtpot. It's easy to water, no soil running off and less nutrient waste. They got a model with strong handles and loops to put bamboo canes. That'll be good enough for LST for a 60x60cm tent. They got a 37L model too but I'd end up with an uncontrollable monster :)

It's amazing to see the amount of things we can learn here! Super excited for the next grow!

Spart, I could find what I was referring to :

Because air pots dry out faster than regular cannabis containers, you should get double the size as you normally would, and it's recommended your final size should be at least a 5-gallon container (anything smaller than that dries out in just a day or two!). So if you would normally get a 2-gallon container for your plants, you'd want to get at least a 5-gallon air pot to make sure you're not having to water your plants all the time.

What spazcore is suggesting would be a very decent solution to avoid soil going away with the run-off but I'm a lazy guy and honestly quite curious about the dirtpots. I can still keep up on being stubborn and change my mind on the next grow :)

Hey guys! Got some weird spots on a couple of leaves :

IMG_102541.JPG

IMG_102340.JPG

Anyone with an idea of what this might be? I first thought cal deficiency but the water here has quite some. Should I test the pH of the soil?

Thanks!

My soil pH is 6, should be fine for soilless as the ideal pH is 5,8! I'm going to check my EC next time I feed (in two days) to make sure it isn't a nutrient burn.

I've read that for flowering the soil pH should be between 6 and 6,5 for optimal potassium assimilation in soilless medium. Any thoughts?

Back
Top Bottom