WW's 1st Grow - 2x2 Tent - Single Plant - LED - Borderliner XTRM - Soil - Reveg

Hey guys!

The buds didn't really get bigger but I did notice a few mistakes I did. The first is that I didn't feed enough, on the next grow I'll be checking the EC of every feeding to make sure the plant got everything it needs. I was following the Canna feeding schedule but they seemed to be a tad low. Maybe it's because it's organic nutes?

Most trichomes are cloudy (got a few amber ones) so I'm going to flush tomorrow. The last feeding I had a 1,4 EC which is good for the last feeding but way too low for the earlier stages of the grow.

The other mistake I did was to use the growing pH min solution instead of flowering. I completely forgot to switch so I don't know if it'll have an impact. Anyway it's all written down now to make sure I won't do the same mistake again.

Today I received the square dirt pot, some perlite and 4 hangers. The dirt pot is pretty nice, it's got some loops normally made for bamboo canes but I'm gonna use them for LST. It's supposed to be 26L but I measured it and it's 23,5L. Not a problem but still good to take note of that.

I'll take PGR's advice and add extra perlite to the medium of my next grow to be sure it's got a better drainage.

I tried some hangers but they couldn't hold the weight of my light panels so I needed to get ones with a ratchet system.
The ones I got now seem to be holding more than my first ones so it's going to be nice.

Harvested two days ago!

IMG_106141.JPG

IMG_106235.JPG

It's not a lot, I'm going to have to fine tune this setup on the next grow but I'm quite satisfied with the experience I got from this first contact with cannabis :)

Alright so I just jarred up 70g, ready for curing. I'm actually quite happy with the results, if I could go above 100g on the next grow I'll be super happy.

I got my new pot ready today and since I was making everything dirty I opened the airpot to have a look at the roots. Well I was surprised to see that the roots weren't dense at all, I really had to go look for them and it's very different from the pictures I've been seeing on plants growing with airpot :

IMG_107242.JPG

Something really went wrong but I can't really put my finger on it. The early stress in the grow made it lazy? The medium was too compact?

I got a new seed germinating and I'll get started with a new journal soon.

Any comments welcome!

It's about 130W, 63x3W Leds... Not super powerful but it should be enough for a decent plant in a 2x2 tent nope?
I'm already a few days into my new grow and I'm doing PGR's technique with the panel on full spectrum, maybe it'll be better this time.

Congrats with the harvest man, that's helluva haul on one plant on your first go :thumb:

The roots look fine to me, and if your plant is healthy and bud is good there's no need to worry:)
The extra red spectrum should incerease root development.

What's the next project?

Thank you!

Yes that's what I've been reading, I was expecting a thick root ball and everything but having a root network like I had doesn't mean the plant isn't healthy :)

The next grow is exactly the same strain, it's rather boring for someone like you, hunting strains and everything but I like the idea of getting different results depending on the way we grow the same plant from the same seed! Journal arriving soon!

Thank you!

The next grow is exactly the same strain, it's rather boring for someone like you, hunting strains and everything but I like the idea of getting different results depending on the way we grow the same plant from the same seed! Journal arriving soon!

Not at all, there are more thana a few strains I'd like to grow again, that's really what the ''hunting'' is all about;)

I just remebered you said something about not doing a reveg anyway, and growing something from seed :)

Haha no but that's really inspiring what you are doing! I could do the same but I need to build up my knowledge. I smoked cannabis a couple of times in my life, EU style (mixed with tobacco), so quite nasty. The funny thing is that I still don't have anything to try my harvest and I realized that I just love growing that plant. If I can get a great smoke out of it that's pure bonus.

So now I'll keep on playing around with the Borderliner and once I feel like trying something new I'll go for another strain!

PS : and yes no reveg on that one because it was a midget plant :)
I'll try again!

Back
Top Bottom