Super Silver Haze CBD - 2x2 Tent - Organic

I won't be harvesting soon! The amber trichomes literally showed up in the middle of week 5 from one day to the next so I know that I can't rely on it. I'm now finishing week 6 and it's a strain that needs 10-11 weeks. Most pistils are still green and I'm pretty sure that the buds will pack some serious weight in the next weeks. I'll go to week 10 and then I'll see what I do.

The buds are so heavy that the branches start to bend. I'll install some wooden sticks tomorrow to support the weight ;)

Hi! Little update on this beauty!

We're almost in the middle of week 8 and she did pack some weight but nothing too crazy. Like I said in a previous post I had to install some poles to support the weight of the buds but it didn't go as planned unfortunately. To install the poles I had to remove the soft ties that I used for LST and all the branches came together tightly in the center... Since I'm using a felt pot, the poles aren't that stiff to pull branches so I had to attach them to the tent poles in order to be able to pull back the branches. It's going to be annoying when I flush but I'll see :)
Oh and while doing that I broke a small branch so I dried it and vaped it to have an idea. It tasted awful but the high was really interesting. It's my first sativa/cbd strain and I was surprised that it did make me high. Perhaps the CBD develops more fully in the later stage of flowering?

Lesson learned : I won't be vegging this long on my next grow, since I germinate in the 30L pot I will do 1-1,5 month of veg max.

Pictures :

IMG_184533.jpg

IMG_184626.jpg

Sorry for the late update, I used to only browse 420magazine with TOR and I couldn't load the site for 2 weeks... Now I got a VPN so I'll post updates more often.

Any tips are welcome! I'd like to flush at the end of week 9 and do 1 week with clear water. That way I harvest at the end of week 10.
Do any of you think I should go till week 11?
Thanks!

IMG_184533.jpg

IMG_184626.jpg

I'd like to flush at the end of week 9 and do 1 week with clear water. That way I harvest at the end of week 10.
Do any of you think I should go till week 11?
Thanks!

Beautiful!! :drool:

Do you have a microscope to check if there's amber trichomes?
When I was growing my SSH it was always ready at 9 weeks.

Thanks! I do have a microscope but I'll decide on my harvest depending on the buds' development rather than the trichomes' color.

I fed her yesterday and I already see a difference today in the size of the buds so she's still going strong!

Were your seeds from Green House?

I looked up the website from Royal Queen and the Shining Silver Haze has a flowering time of 9-11 weeks while the SSH from Green House Seeds is at 10-11. I'm pretty sure that I'll be good for harvest at the end of week 10. I'll be doing a flush at the end of week 9.

Macro pictures will follow tomorrow or the day after :)

Thanks Dinsdale for sharing your experience with the SSH! So that was about 11-12 weeks which makes sense.

In my case it's going to be hard to define the optimal harvest time based on the trichomes because they already turned amber on fan leaves and 20% amber on the buds during week 5... I still have a week and a half to decide :)

Macro pictures coming tomorrow (I came home when the lights were already out)!

As promised :

IMG_185634.jpg

IMG_185531.jpg

IMG_186026.jpg

IMG_185942.jpg

IMG_185835.jpg

So as you can see the trichomes on the top of the buds still need to turn a bit amber while the fan leaves are completely amber :)

The smell is pretty okay, not too overpowering compared to my previous 2 grows! I'm not too much of an expert when it comes to cannabis smells but I did notice some stinky whiffs! Then I come closer to a bud and it smells normal so I guess it's just my imagination :)

Hi everyone,

Yesterday was flush day! The flush itself went great although it was a bit tricky to get the plant out of the tent without breaking branch.
On the other hand I noticed that I made one major mistake : when I opened my tent I realized that only the boost switch was on. It was probably like that for 6 days and this caused my plant to display one sign of hermaphroditism (3 specious staminate flowers on one bud).
I didn't notice my mistake because with the current light schedule, I'm never home while the lights are on...

Anyway, it should be alright in the end and I think we got 10 days more to go before harvest :

IMG_191938.jpg

IMG_192334.jpg

IMG_192836.jpg

IMG_193433.jpg

IMG_193640.jpg

IMG_193732.jpg

Hi everyone!

The harvest and drying is done!

Pictures of the plant before I chopped it :

IMG_198142.jpg

IMG_198034.jpg

The buds were hanging and drying for 5 days at about 65% RH.

I jarred 102g of flowers! Really nice yield for a sativa, that's about 30g more than my previous grows. I didn't even weigh the trim which was probably around 10g (with tiny buds).

The next strain will be the Panama landrace from Ace seeds and I'll probably get started in the following weeks. Thanks to everyone who has been following this grow and I'll see you on the next!

Cheers

PS : I'll upload a nug picture soon

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us. :goodjob:

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom