Photo tips?

barto

hi all, I'm pretty new to the 420 site and love looking at all the great photo's and have learned much from the wealth of advice that is shared here.

I see that pictures taken under bloom lighting comes out with a yellow tinge and those under grow lighting come out more normal looking.

my question:
do any of the photog guru's (and I'm sure that there must be some here) have any tips for color correction to get better shots under the bloom lights?

thanks

this is what I have to work with: canon xt and photoshop elements 8.0

hi all, I'm pretty new to the 420 site and love looking at all the great photo's and have learned much from the wealth of advice that is shared here.

I see that pictures taken under bloom lighting comes out with a yellow tinge and those under grow lighting come out more normal looking.

my question:
do any of the photog guru's (and I'm sure that there must be some here) have any tips for color correction to get better shots under the bloom lights?

thanks

this is what I have to work with: canon xt and photoshop elements 8.0

Ya thats the HPS aura...I take ALOT of pics....the HPS is yellow, The LED is purple....T5s,CFL, and MH are great in pics. I dont edit or filter anything, I dont even know if my camers has that filter...dont care...I take them in the dark most of the time to eliminate the yellow glare....

Like this use the flash in any light and it will change the way it looks. I don't use photo shop or any of that shit it is what it is
100_4064.JPG

even most basic cameras have settings for outdoor sun ,overcast, inside,auto balance ect.
play around with those it and see what you get.
gimp is a decent free open source picture editing program.

even most basic cameras have settings for outdoor sun ,overcast, inside,auto balance ect.
play around with those it and see what you get.
gimp is a decent free open source picture editing program.

Yeah its all in the white balancing. Take some time and learn your camera and figure out your setting.

One of my favorite tricks is I like to make every thing look more purple, cause i like the contrast with purple and green.

for example:
update42.JPG

This was taken under 2700k CFL bulbs. so it was quite yellowish-orange. Yet you see with tweaking the white balance I was able to get this effect.

What kind of camera you have?

What I never figured out, is why do people take pictures and change them...?
Just go on the net and copy 1,,, shit that's easier...
Or take the picture the way you want it to look, try and try again you will get it right.
Every body wants to use photo shop and make it what it is not.. F**^*#* BS

Back
Top Bottom