Photoperiodic Strains That Flower In Less Than 12 Hours Darkness?

A friend wishes to grow a few plants outdoors this year. As he's a good one, lol, I've a mind to help - which basically means supply everything :rolleyes: .

We have these pests around here, maybe y'all have heard of the species before, they're called... helicopters. Also hunters and such. Due to the location, it is difficult to leave plants in the ground towards the end(+/-) of the season. The local "cover" starts fading early, there's often a cold(ish) period with lots of rain, et cetera.

So I thought to ask, can anyone give examples of strains that successfully flower under <12 hours of darkness? The autumnal equinox is, when, September 23 this year? He'd like to have his buds hanging by then, lol. I know that we use the generic recommendation of 12/12 because all strains will flower under such a schedule - but I also know that many will do so with less than 12 hours of darkness. I just do not know offhand which ones, lol.

Photoperiodic strains only, please! I know that auto-flowering ones do not depend on uninterrupted darkness as a flowering trigger.

I will be forced to donate seeds that I already have on hand, so I probably won't have what you suggest. But I am hopeful that I will be able to find something... close to one or more recommendations. Most of my seeds have a fair bit of sativa in their makeup, so this will further limit my choices of what he'll be able to use. I do have one or two seeds that are advertised as having extremely short flowering times (55-65 days) - but these are merely the breeders' statements, and we all know about those. Plus, I assume they are in reference to a 12/12 light/dark schedule.

He will be completely unable to cover his plants nightly (or even at all, most likely) due to a combination of his physical limitations and the fact that this will be a guerrilla grow. And, unfortunately, my help will be limited to initial setup because he's 20+ miles away and I cannot walk that far.

Thanks in advance!

Would it be possible to force flower them a few weeks early so they would finish in time?

Again:
He will be completely unable to cover his plants nightly (or even at all, most likely) due to a combination of his physical limitations and the fact that this will be a guerrilla grow.

I just read that White Widow will successfully flower under nine hours of darkness. This is news to me (and I do not really trust it to be true). But I do have a couple of Blueberry x White Widow (unknown breeder's strains crossed by an unknown individual) seeds. I don't believe they're feminized, though, so it'd be a crapshoot (no real time to sex them at this relatively late time in the year, I'm thinking) as to whether he ended up with males or females.

I also have a couple of Barney's Farm single-seed cards that seem like possible candidates: 8 Ball Kush and... Hmm. I know there were a couple that I thought of, but that was several seconds ago - so I forgot ;) . Critical Kush? Blue Cheese? IDFK. I have one Blueberry seed that I think might have come (in a roundabout way, you could say) from Seedsman. And I have a small pack of Blueberry seeds from Crop King Seeds. But the latter are definitely not feminized and I suspect the former might not be. It would suck to set him up with plants only to hear months later that they were males (and it would cause me no end of embarrassment, too, of course - but I'm far more concerned with whether or not he can grow his meds than how I end up looking when it's all said and done).[/COLOR][/B]

EDIT: That's some interesting looking fencing(?) you've used. Hog wire, huh? Around here we have poultry netting (aka "chicken wire"), rabbit wire (available in ¼" and ½" square hole sizes, IIRC), and welded wire (much thicker and more expensive - but still made way too cheaply, from my experience - in sizes like 1"x2", 1"x4", 2"x2", and 2"x4"). For hogs we have... hog rings and the "pliers" tool to <COUGH>install<COUGH> them to keep the hogs from rooting around.

Back
Top Bottom