Phucht up this Auto breeding project

nah bro at that age they didnt need more N.
They do now. But that is not what made them small.

@Phytoplankton
to be clear what your saying is you would still personally use one of those plants as a male to knock up the rest of the tent ?

nah bro at that age they didnt need more N.
They do now. But that is not what made them small.

@Phytoplankton
to be clear what your saying is you would still personally use one of those plants as a male to knock up the rest of the tent ?
Yes, they’re not mutants, they’re a bit stunted. It’s more than likely something you did that stunted them. How did you come up with your soil mixture? How do you know the compost was “Hot”?

Edit: looking closely at the plants, they’re yellowing from the bottom up, they need N, and probably K, since the One Shot is lacking in both.

I have been mixing soil for like 15 years. I just winged it. I know the compost was hot cause I added a tun of coffee grounds and old mushroom mycelium and it was not finished. I had nitrogen toxicity a week ago. Then I flushed with phd water. They sure are hungry now I wont deny that.
The nights are cold. I guess it's possible it got into the 50s even. This is also my first time running LED I am use HPS. i have this spider farmer 430 watt in there now.
Honesty i'm relieved this seems to be the consensus. I still only have a 50/50 chance of a male but im ot out of luck yet.

I have been mixing soil for like 15 years. I just winged it. I know the compost was hot cause I added a tun of coffee grounds and old mushroom mycelium and it was not finished. I had nitrogen toxicity a week ago. Then I flushed with phd water. They sure are hungry now I wont deny that.
The nights are cold. I guess it's possible it got into the 50s even. This is also my first time running LED I am use HPS. i have this spider farmer 430 watt in there now.
Honesty i'm relieved this seems to be the consensus. I still only have a 50/50 chance of a male but im ot out of luck yet.
When we spread pollen we pollinate flowers to create seeds. The temperature is too cold for the cannabis plants. When the temperature is below 65 Fahrenheit growth is slowed. You want to maintain 76 Fahrenheit in the grow tent to extend growth.

KingJohnC you sound like AI​

Thanks for entertaing my thread but im not sure you offered any insight to anything I was asking.
If you are AI, congrats lil buddy you sure are learning.

speaking of AI i decided to feed my original question to Bard

this was the answer
"

Whether an autoflowering plant pollinated in week 7 will produce viable seeds depends on several factors, including:

1. Specific variety: Different autoflowering strains have varying sensitivity to late-stage pollination and seed production capacity.

2. Pollination timing within week 7: Early vs. late week 7 can make a difference. Earlier pollination offers more time for seed development.

3. Growing conditions: Optimal light, temperature, water, and nutrient availability throughout flowering and seed development are crucial for viable seeds.

4. Plant health: A healthy plant with minimal stress is more likely to produce viable seeds even with late pollination.

5. Competition with remaining flowers: If the plant still has actively developing flowers, they compete for resources with the newly pollinated ones, potentially impacting seed viability.

Considering these factors, here's the probability:

• High chance: If you have a resilient variety, pollinated early in week 7 with optimal growing conditions and minimal stress, there's a good chance for viable seeds.
  • Moderate chance: With less ideal conditions or later pollination, the chance of viable seeds decreases, though it's still possible.
  • Low chance: Very late pollination (end of week 7) in a stressed plant with poor conditions might result in non-viable or underdeveloped seeds.

Overall: While week 7 pollination isn't ideal, it doesn't guarantee unviable seeds. Monitor your plant, optimize growing conditions, and consider harvesting earlier if seed quality is your priority. By understanding the influencing factors, you can increase your chances of success.

speaking of AI i decided to feed my original question to Bard

this was the answer
"

Whether an autoflowering plant pollinated in week 7 will produce viable seeds depends on several factors, including:

1. Specific variety: Different autoflowering strains have varying sensitivity to late-stage pollination and seed production capacity.

2. Pollination timing within week 7: Early vs. late week 7 can make a difference. Earlier pollination offers more time for seed development.

3. Growing conditions: Optimal light, temperature, water, and nutrient availability throughout flowering and seed development are crucial for viable seeds.

4. Plant health: A healthy plant with minimal stress is more likely to produce viable seeds even with late pollination.

5. Competition with remaining flowers: If the plant still has actively developing flowers, they compete for resources with the newly pollinated ones, potentially impacting seed viability.

Considering these factors, here's the probability:

• High chance: If you have a resilient variety, pollinated early in week 7 with optimal growing conditions and minimal stress, there's a good chance for viable seeds.
  • Moderate chance: With less ideal conditions or later pollination, the chance of viable seeds decreases, though it's still possible.
  • Low chance: Very late pollination (end of week 7) in a stressed plant with poor conditions might result in non-viable or underdeveloped seeds.

Overall: While week 7 pollination isn't ideal, it doesn't guarantee unviable seeds. Monitor your plant, optimize growing conditions, and consider harvesting earlier if seed quality is your priority. By understanding the influencing factors, you can increase your chances of success.
In my experience with breeding autoflowers and pollinating them late it has appeared to me as if they would stop development after they reach a certain maturity even if you keep the plant alive past its 3 months for seed development. Autoflowers do not automatically fall down and die after a certain period, you can keep them alive but would it do any good for seed production in my opinion the answer would be No even if you feed the plant high doses of nitrogen during flower.

Wisdom teaches to seek many, many, many opinions from professionals held in trust.
Your correct to a point but when we are talking about "Online" you have to realize who isn't a professional "Online"? 😆 The problem I ran into online at one point was that if I had a question I received a million different responses, some were similar responses to what other's said and then some responses were way off and sometimed it makes it difficult for the person with a question to determine who is right from who is wrong without actually doing it themselves and discovering the outcome because like i said above everybody is a "professional" Online. 😉

That is correct! When seeking information qualified opinion from trusted authorities are greatly valued. Wisdom is the successful application of experiences and opinions vary. Wisdom and artificial intelligence are in congruent

Back
Top Bottom