Physan 20: Question

Rumboy

Is it ok to use Physan 20 in conjuction with your nutes, or is it supposed to be used by itself?

Nutes are Canna Aqua vega A&B and Rhizotonic <--- expensive $h|t that is.

I started a fresh rez with my nutes and some SuperThrive, then added the Physan 20. It went all frothy and brown crud started gathering together. I presume that's from the nutes, which are brown in colour. Is this bad? Have I just toasted a load of fresh nutes?

::: Just got back from the grow room. The brown crud that is gathering is sticky in consistency, and looks like brown tar. I ph'd up to 5.8. I'll check it after a bit and see it that changes. the PPM seems mostly unchanged from when I first started.

Thanks for any help

RumBoy :yummy:

Is it ok to use Physan 20 in conjuction with your nutes, or is it supposed to be used by itself?

Nutes are Canna Aqua vega A&B and Rhizotonic <--- expensive $h|t that is.

I started a fresh rez with my nutes and some SuperThrive, then added the Physan 20. It went all frothy and brown crud started gathering together. I presume that's from the nutes, which are brown in colour. Is this bad? Have I just toasted a load of fresh nutes?

::: Just got back from the grow room. The brown crud that is gathering is sticky in consistency, and looks like brown tar. I ph'd up to 5.8. I'll check it after a bit and see it that changes. the PPM seems mostly unchanged from when I first started.

Thanks for any help

RumBoy :yummy:

Canna Aqua Nutrient - Vega - 1 Liter

In the first phase of a plant’s growth, the basis is laid for the subsequent bloom and the yields. A healthy and strong growth is characterized by vital growth shoots and luxuriant root development. CANNA AQUA VEGA has specially been developed to meet the plant’s needs in this phase. CANNA AQUA VEGA is a 2-part A&B nutrient designed to fit various inert mediums. Full absorption of nutrients and water penetration from the start of the growth are guaranteed by AQUA VEGA’s large quantities of direct-absorption nitrogen compounds and high-grade EDDHA iron chelates and trace elements.

AQUA VEGA contains sicilic acids, humic acids and fulvinic acids, which are present in the soil in their natural forms. An extract of brown algae, rich in trace elements, amino acids and vitamins

Seems to me you should not run any Physan 20??? With algae as a part in the nutes... Hope that helps??? Hey and welcome to the big show! :cheer: Hit up the intro forum, tell us what else you got going on... Strain lights etc... Peace man :goodluck::smokin:

I'm thinking, I'll just dump out the rez, and start again. If/when the brown algae appears I'll dump a little Physan into it a day before I start a fresh rez. Might have to log onto the Canna website and see if they have any solutions to the problem...

Thanks Mule :)

Canna Aqua Nutrient - Vega - 1 Liter

Seems to me you should not run any Physan 20??? With algae as a part in the nutes... Hope that helps??? Hey and welcome to the big show! :cheer: Hit up the intro forum, tell us what else you got going on... Strain lights etc... Peace man :goodluck::smokin:

Physan 20 is a VERY strong disinfectant and will melt roots ....literally

I melted a bunch of orchid seedling roots using Physan, trying to get the agar from a flask off of them.

I would not use it with nutes. To clean your rez and system, yes, but not with growing plants.

DD

It's great stuff for cleaning/disinfecting, but be very careful with it

I killed a group of plants using Physan 20. It is very strong. If you do put it in your reservoir. I think you should only leave it in for 10-20 minutes and then flush. I left it in for a day and the next day, the plants looked terrible.

Woah woah, yeah why are you using the physan 20? that stuff is really REALLY potent and will kill your plants if you leave it in the res. Do what largepoppa sez and keep it in your res for 30mins to 1 hour max, and use it ONLY to treat algae issues.

Two of my girls are doing *really* well, but the others are struggling, and they are all getting the same treatment....

I only used the diluted Physan briefly, then dumped it out. Will only use when I get algae again.

My H2O2 finally showed, and it's in the rez for the next feed!!! I hope the extra O perks them up some.

Cheers

Rumboy, I would think that even the h2o2 would kill beneficial bacteria as well as the harmful stuff. the nutes and additives you are using contain bacteria. The h2o2 just might kill it also.

I am new to the game, so don't take my word as law.......

I am just going by the advice I have received from much more experienced growers. I also use Rhizotonic and was told it is a no-no with h2o2.

By the way, I am also having problems with the nasty brown slime. Let me know how it works out for ya.

Any biological additive like rhizotonic will instantly be rendered useless by Physan, and nutes as well. If you have algea in your res, H2O2 would be better, but still kill Rhizotonic. If you have algea on the top of your medium you can spray an EXTREMELY diluted physan mix, but again it'll probably seep into the root zone and kill off any beneficial Biologicals. I only use it on cuttings, and thats a last resort NUKE EM' tactic if all else fails. be sure that if you have used it to flush and re-introduce the Rhizo's.
GL
P,s, dont get any on ya either. No bueno.

Back
Top Bottom