Uneven growth in hydro system

Yeah, when your growing, your pretty much chained to your grow that's for sure.
But it's worth it to me, I need my medicine :)
Mid and late flower in DWC is all encompassing when they drink a gallon+ a day

Mine are drinking about a gallon or 2 per day now in the hydro, the soil plants are drinking far less, but growing well. Your Skunk Candy seems very happy.

They aren't the biggest plants, but I didn't veg them as long as the others as they were planted a week after the rest, and I didn't double top them, only LST and one topping.

I've got a healthy little clone of the SC, so I have preserved the genetics.
The nasty smell has tapered off as well, lol.

My only remaining Harlequin plant did not stretch like the others, and because the rest of the plants were overtaking the light to the Harlequin, I raised the pot up so the bud sites are getting proper light exposure.
Must be the genetics.

Dude, we are having another heat wave, it's like 88 degrees in my grow room, and my plants have stopped feeding.
The PPM's are going up from 615 to 640, and the pH is stable at 6.1.

They are still drinking a ton, just not feeding today, I'm assuming because they are stressed by the heat.

Good thing I have the Z9, roots look awesome and white despite the high temps.

Plants look happy though, and are still stretching, and making buds :)

Tomorrow will be cooler as the thunderstorm today that is about to happen should clear the air thank God.

I think it's time for another rez change after this. :(

Photobomb......

Rez went stinky and cloudy after the heatwave....rez change today :)
Plants are still happy, and still streeeetching.

These plants are now at 15 days into flower, what do you think?
Are these buds developed at about the right rate for their age so far?
I can see some trichs starting to develop now :)

After yesterday's rez change, the pH was at 6.2, when I woke up this morning, the pH was 5.1.
Here we go again, lol.

Excellent thread. Lots of great pic's & superb information, thanks for the posts.

This was never meant to be my personal grow journal, it just kinda worked out that way, lol.
Sorry about that, I should have probably started a separate grow journal :)

Thank you to all the awesome people on here that have been so kind to give me such valid professional advice.

I was gonna do separate DWC buckets, but alot of people talked me out of it, saying it was far easier to just administer one rez, rather than multiple buckets. I guess the different setups all have their own pro's and cons.

I know one thing, if I had to crawl into the back bucket area to deal with that plant, I don't think I could, my back is too bad and I can barely manage to just get back there to prune, so there are far to many leaves that shouldn't be there.

The good thing is that this is all so that I'll have medicine to treat my back, so I can grow more plants, lol.

After this grow, the tent is being moved to a completely different building at another property, so, I'll have to learn everything all over again and dial in another whole grow. :)

It's funny, I'm not liking the big tubs, kinda like yer big rezz
The individual 5gal buckets have performed 1000% better than the tubs, even with me being burnt out and neglecting the poor girls

It's also easier to say do two rezz changes today, and two tomorrow, instead of 17gal at once

I grew a DWC bucket plant a few years ago, I stuck it in the bucket and I just neglected it, (It was an extra clone I didn't know what to do with) added nothing but Flora Grow, no other nutes at all, RO water, and topped it up when the nutes level went down. I didn't even check the pH, and I never changed the nutes.

That plant grew bigger and made more buds than the ones n the NFT tube system that I totally monitored and babied, LOL.

More bad news, I just discovered that one of my Skunk Candy is a hermie. Grrr....
It's gotta be the heat.

I didn't notice the nuts before because they are in a different place than the Critical Mass that went hermie, they are actually tucked in between the forming bud and the stalk at the node, very hard to see them unless you pull the little buds back.

I've got a major neck ache now trying to bend to find them all, hope I've got them all.

Looks like I've got my work cut out for me now being hyper vigilant. Doh

19 days into flower, aside from the hermies, all seems to be going OK so far.
Been scouring relentlessly for pollen sacks, haven't seen any lately.

The pH seems to have stabilized at 5.9 now, but I think I'm gonna have to dump the rez again because I mixed the last batch of nutes without the Flora Micro, I was all out, and now I have more :)
Gotta make sure the girls have all their micronutrients :)

The good thing is that my local hydro shop "gifted" me with a big bottle of Z9 part 1 and part 2 for free, but I just noticed that is says best before September 2017.

Do you think it will still be OK to use?

I'm noticing that a few of the buds on the green crack under the LED light are starting to get red colored on the top of the hairs of the bud, and also, some of the leave stems are going red as well, not the main plant stems though.

At first I saw the leaf stems and thought I was having a lockout issue, but then noticed the tops of a few of the buds going red too, at which point I thought my 900W Viparspectra LED light was too close at only 18 inches from the top of the plants and actually burning them as it is a bit close (I ran out of verticle space, lol).

I ruled that out, as some of the buds buried deep and hidden by a few fan leaves are starting to go red also a bit on top.

A few of the critical mass plants stalks have leaned over under the LED light and those buds don't have any red on them at all.

Is this normal for the genetics of this strain, or is this a symptom of something gone wrong?

Back
Top Bottom