Hydro help please - slow growth yellow leaves

trippa

Hi guys I have just started this recurculating sprinkler system with 12 girls in 16 lt pots with lay balls .
Ph is 5.8 upto 6.1
Rez temp 20 c
Room temp in pic is just as lights go out and is normally 28 c
Ec is 1
8 of them are a sativa not sure what thou and 4 slhaze which are not so yellow
Some of them are fine and some not you can see from the first pic it's the bottom right plant that what made me think pest but can't see any . My mothers in soil are fine
I have grown this before in soil with much faster and stronger results.
Any advice is welcome
image4862.jpg
image4859.jpg
image4860.jpg
image4855.jpg
image4854.jpg
image4856.jpg
image4860.jpg
Hi guys I have just started this recurculating sprinkler system with 12 girls in 16 lt pots with lay balls .
Ph is 5.8 upto 6.1
Rez temp 20 c
Room temp in pic is just as lights go out and is normally 28 c
Ec is 1
8 of them are a sativa not sure what thou and 4 slhaze which are not so yellow
Some of them are fine and some not you can see from the first pic it's the bottom right plant that what made me think pest but can't see any . My mothers in soil are fine
I have grown this before in soil with much faster and stronger results.
Any advice is welcome
image4862.jpg

So an update , those mother fuckers are nearly, dead the plants I mean ( boo hoo) .
I did find some green slime coming in on the outside of the air hose.
No bugs found.
Here is pics of a plant I took out to have a look at the roots , they dont smell rottin very small amount for 3 weeks veg.
And a pic of the Rez .
How do I post this to some one as I know captain or king John will know the answer
Helppppppp
image4879.jpg
image4880.jpg
image4881.jpg
image4882.jpg
image4883.jpg
image4884.jpg
image4885.jpg
image4886.jpg
image4886.jpg
image4887.jpg
image4888.jpg
image4889.jpg
image4890.jpg
image4890.jpg
image4890.jpg
image4890.jpg

Gelatinous slime , I usually get that in the drain reservoir when I am flooding plants and the reservoir goes stagnant for a few days before I empty and clean it

add a air pump and put a air stone in the reservoir to keep the water from going stagnant. Also perhaps use a better filter? The air stone might correct all sorts of problems. I think your temps look ok I am not a hydro guy tho... I have a decent idea from your good pics though. Also this is more work frequently but would help , change your water twice as much.

The res temp is acceptable, it's funny though, the slime on that airstone looks just like pythium, or "root rot", but the roots don't look too bad in those pics. I agree with WRB, an airstone would be your best bet, there was another member that almost lost her crop, late in flower, due to the same issue you're having. Sorry for the bad luck, hydro is quite unforgiving if not monitered very closely.
Hi my Rez temps are around 65 to 70 all the time it seems to be all over my air hose . What is the best thing to keep it from happing and to fix tis problem
Pls

The res temp is acceptable, it's funny though, the slime on that airstone looks just like pythium, or "root rot", but the roots don't look too bad in those pics. I agree with WRB, an airstone would be your best bet, there was another member that almost lost her crop, late in flower, due to the same issue you're having. Sorry for the bad luck, hydro is quite unforgiving if not monitered very closely.
I took keen interest in this thread so I could learn , thanks a lot danklover you are a awesome fella thanks for sharing :) I learn something new everyday....

I could save the one really brown root rot by recloning it and taking a 2 week loss.... Make sure to shave allt he brown off though before redipping in hormone cus the rot will transfer in the hormone and possibly make disease like issues when you clone in the future , unless you take cloning hormone out in small amounts and throw away the excess but still a good practice to keep in mind if you do the bareback method of dipping in right out of the bottle... Also reminds me of heavy water residue..... The slime I mean , had issues like that from taps inthe country using well water too....

Another thing, add 1 teaspoon per gallon hydrogen peroxide in the res, helps keep shit sterile, and if you have a hydro store, get some Dutch Master Zone root conditioner. That stuff really helps keep the roots happy, plus it helps condition the roots, so they are not as susceptible to rot.

I would change your clear hoses to black ones. Clear water hoses will slime up very easily and that won't bide well for your ladies.
If you are on well water or untreated water this is especially true.

If you get an eyedropper at a pharmacy, use it to apply 1-2 drops of regular household bleach per 5 gallons of water This should take care of the slime without doing any damage to the plant. Just do not over do it. The best bet is to change your hoses.

I feel i've come across this before myself. Number one you said your ec is 1.. I forget, does that mean ppm 1000? Too high for those babies, should be half that and increased gradually. Second idea is the temp of the air you're pumping in. I bought an industrial air pump that spit way too hot of air in my buckets. Ambient temp good, water temp good, but the root zone was way too hot. Any of this sound familiar?

It also looks like his nutrients precipitated out of solution.

If you look at the picture - there is brown gunk on the bottom of the reservoir. Looks to me that the minerals precipitated out into a root rot soup. When you get root rot - the pH of the reservoir rises very quickly on a daily basis. When you get above 6.2 to 6.5 - even for a second - minerals will start to precipitate out of solution.

What is your nutrient plan?

I feel i've come across this before myself. Number one you said your ec is 1.. I forget, does that mean ppm 1000? Too high for those babies, should be half that and increased gradually. Second idea is the temp of the air you're pumping in. I bought an industrial air pump that spit way too hot of air in my buckets. Ambient temp good, water temp good, but the root zone was way too hot. Any of this sound familiar?

Hey mate my no my ppm is not at 1000 , I work off ec.
I am not running a bubbler system , as then you would have air stones in each bucket like I think u are saying.
It's a top feed with a airstone in the main Rez only running off a 2250 air pump

Hi I use flairform only and I am following the same feeding schedule as another member on here call Alkhemist.
Check out his old journals they will blow you away.
I'm gonna pick up some h202 tomorrow and do a Rez change . Since flushing they do look a little better just Ph water
What is your nutrient plan?

If you look at the picture - there is brown gunk on the bottom of the reservoir. Looks to me that the minerals precipitated out into a root rot soup. When you get root rot - the pH of the reservoir rises very quickly on a daily basis. When you get above 6.2 to 6.5 - even for a second - minerals will start to precipitate out of solution.
Hi I use flairform only and I am following the same feeding schedule as another member on here call Alkhemist.
Check out his old journals they will blow you away.
I'm gonna pick up some h202 tomorrow and do a Rez change . Since flushing they do look a little better just Ph water
What is

Back
Top Bottom