Hydro help please - slow growth yellow leaves

add a air pump and put a air stone in the reservoir to keep the water from going stagnant. Also perhaps use a better filter? The air stone might correct all sorts of problems. I think your temps look ok I am not a hydro guy tho... I have a decent idea from your good pics though. Also this is more work frequently but would help , change your water twice as much.

Hi again and cheers for helping I'm gonna pick up some h202 tomorrow and run that I will update ya

try using black air lines and make sure zero light is getting in res. 20c is too warm for water temps, 16-18c is ideal. run the system with peroxide then after a week stop the peroxide and go double dose cannazym and also add guardian angel. i hate sterile res's, from my experience a living res gives healthier roots and u get a better end product. add voodoo juice also. in my aerocloners a dont change the water for months, just top it up but have lots beneficials in there and i get crazy roots in 2 weeks, and i mean crazy.

the cannazym will break down the dead and dying roots and make it availble to plants as nutrient, guardian angel will give a protective barrier to roots and if ur res temps rise the roots will handle it better.

get as much air as possible in the res.

Sorry for your frustrations friend,, it looks like the bcteria has completely taken hold. And I assume that root plug or whatever had gotten too wet. And is harboring bacteria. Simply put, bacteria has taken hold. I don't think you could (or is worth it) save those girls.

Physan 20 might give you another chance but that root plug thing isn't good for dwc imo.

Change hoses to thicker black kind. I use to get a weird slime on my hoses too. I used walmart airlines and now I am stepping everything up to pro grade. Get new air stones and a pump that is at least 4 times as powerful. I swear to god if you give it sooo much oxygen it makes it really really hard for bad nasties to form. Also of it hasn't been thrown out there make sure every bucket is well oxygenated with individual air stones. This is what you must do. Start over. I had a clone for two months do absolutely nothing. And cloudy water everyday. So frustrating.

Change hoses to thicker black kind. I use to get a weird slime on my hoses too. I used walmart airlines and now I am stepping everything up to pro grade. Get new air stones and a pump that is at least 4 times as powerful. I swear to god if you give it sooo much oxygen it makes it really really hard for bad nasties to form. Also of it hasn't been thrown out there make sure every bucket is well oxygenated with individual air stones. This is what you must do. Start over. I had a clone for two months do absolutely nothing. And cloudy water everyday. So frustrating.
Hey mate it's not a dwc system , it's a recurculating dripper feed with only one Rez (not air stones with water in every single bucket

aeroclone the cuttings, much better. if u have root probs the bacteria will struggle to live on the pebbles like it does in rockwool or other mediums used to clone in. u can build 1 for pennies.

Hey buddy , I have just had a look through your journal and man I'm glad you chimed in. You have worked hard to learn what you know and I really appreciate that about some one , makes taking advice from them so worth it . Would it be ok to ask you some Q about how and what you run in your cloner.
Also what add you are using to keep roots heathy and explosive .
I think I will spend the next week trying to fix this root rot and then pull them out and start with my new clones ( need to explore this problem so it never happens again but also don't want to flower unhealthy plants and I won't learn if I just rip them out) can tell you I have learnt from this already . I spent to much time worring about temps and ph and ec the root rot slipped past I guess I just thought if they are right I won't get root hahaha whatneva

for starts mate do not flip if u still have root issues. ive done it with disastrous results. trouble is as said earlier that bacteria will be tight hold on the root plug. u could try flushing with peroxide then adding cannazym double strength and guardian angel to res. make sure the root plug is covered too. might be better to abandon to save wasting time and money.

i used to run plain water in cloner and it gave fantastic results....... i know add cannazym, guardian angel,voodoo juice, roots excelurator, piranha and tarantula. i add 1/2ml/litre carboload once per week and top u with water as necessary. i change the whoe res every 3 or 4 months. it wont make cuts root any quicker, but first sign of roots they will go crazy! clones stay nice and green with no yellowing. adding any root product with glomus will benefit and dont add nutes. this will only work if res gets plenty o2, no light and u are meticulous with cleanliness. i recommend starting with just water until u see how ur clones react to that. aerocloning gives the best success rate by far. i clone thousands of clones per year, this way and i mean thousands.

for starts mate do not flip if u still have root issues. ive done it with disastrous results. trouble is as said earlier that bacteria will be tight hold on the root plug. u could try flushing with peroxide then adding cannazym double strength and guardian angel to res. make sure the root plug is covered too. might be better to abandon to save wasting time and money.

i used to run plain water in cloner and it gave fantastic results....... i know add cannazym, guardian angel,voodoo juice, roots excelurator, piranha and tarantula. i add 1/2ml/litre carboload once per week and top u with water as necessary. i change the whoe res every 3 or 4 months. it wont make cuts root any quicker, but first sign of roots they will go crazy! clones stay nice and green with no yellowing. adding any root product with glomus will benefit and dont add nutes. this will only work if res gets plenty o2, no light and u are meticulous with cleanliness. i recommend starting with just water until u see how ur clones react to that. aerocloning gives the best success rate by far. i clone thousands of clones per year, this way and i mean thousands.

Cool I will start with plan water do you ph it even thou no nutes in it.
What temps do you run the Rez at and do u use anything to prevent rot to clones or is it all about having the perfect environment in the cloner Rez .
I'm def gonna take these girls out from my buckets , I just don't want to spend the effort on sick plants .
Can I use the clay peddles againg if I clean well with h202 as you can tell there is fuck all roots though them ha.
It's hard for me to pick them up

dont ph the water it isnt necessary as the cuts arent uptaking nutes. plus ph down is toxic to young cuttings and seedlings. run the rez around 68-70f, the slightly warmer temps make clones root faster from my experience. but too be honest if u cant regulate water temp, dont worry, as long as it doesnt get over 75 it will be fine.

to clean pebbles i would run jayes fluid through the system, that will def kill any nasties. let it run 5 or 6 hours continuous, drain and flush system out with fresh water. it might take 2 or 3 flushes if u use jayes fluid but it will def work. if u decide to use peroxide make it strong, very strong to be sure. and again flush, flush, flush.

u will save so much time and hassle by starting again, ur not in flower so just take it as a learning curve.

dont ph the water it isnt necessary as the cuts arent uptaking nutes. plus ph down is toxic to young cuttings and seedlings. run the rez around 68-70f, the slightly warmer temps make clones root faster from my experience. but too be honest if u cant regulate water temp, dont worry, as long as it doesnt get over 75 it will be fine.

to clean pebbles i would run jayes fluid through the system, that will def kill any nasties. let it run 5 or 6 hours continuous, drain and flush system out with fresh water. it might take 2 or 3 flushes if u use jayes fluid but it will def work. if u decide to use peroxide make it strong, very strong to be sure. and again flush, flush, flush.

u will save so much time and hassle by starting again, ur not in flower so just take it as a learning curve.
Swt I have always wanted to try a hydro cloner do you use clonex or anything on cut .
Also do you have a good link for making my own DIY one .
Hey also cheers for ya help man it makes for good learning

sometimes i use clonex, sometimes i dont. if u look through my 2nd journal in my sig i think theres a cloning tutorial in that one. the clones will root with plain water. before putting them in cloner let them sit in a jug of water for 30 mins.

As for a diy cloner, ive seen several on here but cant remember who or where. start a thread in frequently asked questions?

Back
Top Bottom